ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to Rutgers Week

I agree that Rutgers is a solid team - they are built different than in the past. Not sure they are loaded with All-Americans as OP suggests. But expect a hard fought victory in Lincoln.

But I do find it humorous that you would say they are solid in every way and then say in the same breath we will lose every game because of all of our flaws.
If we beat Rutgers then my assessment of how good we are will change. But as it stands now I do not think we are a very good football team. Our special teams are atrocious, our offense prone to self inflicted wounds and a defense that is up and down. I see us beating UCLA but probably losing all the rest. But if we beat Rutgers and play a really good game then I will have to change my assessment.

Btw, I’m still pi$$ed that Trev made Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin our main rivals. He was pretty much saying that our goal is to be another ho-hum boring Midwest team that no one cares about. I hope our new AD revisits that decision too.

I’d disagree somewhat with this, first when we entered the B1G Nebraska played more games against Minnesota than any other team in fact more than Ohio St has played the Gophers, in fact Ohio St has played them 55 times and Nebraska has played them 64 times and we haven’t been the same conference till

Playing the Clarkeyes makes too much sense being neighboring states when both fan bases either work with one another or friends of the other team, which explains the hate between one another…

And Wisconsin just because of Barry Alvarez playing for Devaney..

And by the way Nebraska is 6-0 against Rutgers..

In the New York / New Jersey market we have 17 different Professional Sports teams. A little more options than the Omaha market. BTW 54,000 attended the Rutgers game on Friday night.
54,000 out of 20 million+ people? Good job guys! Btw, I always love the whole we have more stuff to do argument. As if the rest of the country is sitting around all weekend bored.

If we beat Rutgers then my assessment of how good we are will change. But as it stands now I do not think we are a very good football team. Our special teams are atrocious, our offense prone to self inflicted wounds and a defense that is up and down. I see us beating UCLA but probably losing all the rest. But if we beat Rutgers and play a really good game then I will have to change my assessment.
Fair - I know you are hoping for a husker a win. While we still have some unfortunate penalties the offense is much more consistent than last year, DR effect and no turnovers are a leading reason why. I wish we were not so streaky which I think we will see a more complete game against Rutgers. Hopefully the D brings the intensity on Saturday we need them to have some short drives and hopefully a couple of TO’s.

Reactions: scarletred
I looked it up, and it’s actually 0-5, showing a progression:

Nebraska 42 Rutgers 24
Nebraska 28 Rutgers 14
Nebraska 27 Rutgers 17
Nebraska 28 Rutgers 21
Nebraska 14 Rutgers 13
1920 in NewYork, Nebraska 28-0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT