ADVERTISEMENT

"Weak / Creampuff" B1G West

• Nebraska does not have new coaches. They have a very old, experienced head coach and experienced staff. And our very old, experienced head coach personally lost at least 1 game, not because of bad luck, but because he chose not not to run out the clock. I'm not sure how making such an elementary error in judgment warrants millions in annual income. Jmho.
Good point. I'm sure old Mike Riley said, "I choose to not run out the clock on this one."

If you can't see that he was trying to win the game by choosing to go for a first down... Just tired of the same old story. "Shoulda run the ball against Illinois..." One week later, "Shoulda passed against Wisconsin." The guy can't win with some of you guys.

He didn't "choose" not to run out the clock. He tried to finish it off by getting a first down. That's ridiculous to say he chose to not run out he clock.

Look to the successes, MEO, you'll feel better about things than if you continue to dwell on the failures. Jmho.

EDIT: besides, it has been repeatedly reported that the play was supposed to be a run. It's up to you whether you "choose" to believe that or not.

Last edited:
With Nebraska & Wisconsin in transition years having new coaching staffs, the 2015 version of the Big 10 West is the worst division from all P5s . While Nebraska is playing better than they were in Sept/Oct, they still have plenty of issues that need to be addressed. We will see if they can beat the absolute worst late season Top 5 rated team of all-time.

If you think the B1G West is the worst division in all of the P5's, you haven't been paying attention. That certainly doesn't say much for Nebraska if true, does it?

Reactions: icu81222
If you think the B1G West is the worst division in all of the P5's, you haven't been paying attention. That certainly doesn't say much for Nebraska if true, does it?

It has been mentioned on multiple occasions in this thread that Nebraska is not a good football team in 2015. Part of this has to do with implementing new schemes on both sides of the ball, roster mismanagement by the previous staff, injuries at positions with little depth, player buy-in and bad luck. Most of these players were recruited to play in a different system that played to their strengths. While they have been playing better recently, there are still issues that will take more than 1 season to rectify. Despite Nebraska's horrible season, they will play in a de-facto pickem game against Iowa's most accomplished team in school history.

The only division that can even be considered with the West as the worst division is the ACC Coastal. However, North Carolina is the best team between the 2 divisions and Purdue is the worst which gives the Coastal a slight edge. The remaining teams in both divisions are interchangeable in 2015.

It has been mentioned on multiple occasions in this thread that Nebraska is not a good football team in 2015. Part of this has to do with implementing new schemes on both sides of the ball, roster mismanagement by the previous staff, injuries at positions with little depth, player buy-in and bad luck. Most of these players were recruited to play in a different system that played to their strengths. While they have been playing better recently, there are still issues that will take more than 1 season to rectify. Despite Nebraska's horrible season, they will play in a de-facto pickem game against Iowa's most accomplished team in school history.

The only division that can even be considered with the West as the worst division is the ACC Coastal. However, North Carolina is the best team between the 2 divisions and Purdue is the worst which gives the Coastal a slight edge. The remaining teams in both divisions are interchangeable in 2015.

Take your pick, the ACC coastal or the SEC East.

You lost again. 7th time this season.
Dr venkman, this is a new experience for us... I've experienced it one other time in my life. You being a dr and all, and having experienced this throughout your life, got any advice? Prescription meds? Other methods to help us out?

Thanks in advance for the wealth of information you can provide, no doubt as a result of previous experience.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Dr venkman, this is a new experience for us... I've experienced it one other time in my life. You being a dr and all, and having experienced this throughout your life, got any advice? Prescription meds? Other methods to help us out?

Thanks in advance for the wealth of information you can provide, no doubt as a result of previous experience.

Its not new. You have been suffering systemic issues since 1995. Generally, it necessitates the person going cold turkey. In most severe cases, like yours and most on this board, an intervention is necessary. Most don't choose to accept this and they continue to practice the definition of insanity. Given the length of this disorder, this addiction and the devastation it is having on your entire life, I would argue you should just give up.

I only play a doctor on TV btw. Winking

Good luck next year.

Its not new. You have been suffering systemic issues since 1995. Generally, it necessitates the person going cold turkey. In most severe cases, like yours and most on this board, an intervention is necessary. Most don't choose to accept this and they continue to practice the definition of insanity. Given the length of this disorder, this addiction and the devastation it is having on your entire life, I would argue you should just give up.

I only play a doctor on TV btw. Winking

Good luck next year.
7 losses is quite new... This is only the third time since Bob Devaney took over. If we go to a bowl and lose an 8th game this year, this will be something I have never seen in my 44 years of life... I've heard about it, but thought it was a myth in Nebraska. I see it all the time in places like Purdue and Iowa. But never seen it here.

You've lived through it recently... Do I just hope next year will be better?

You've been helpful so far... Appreciate any other advice. :)

7 losses is quite new... This is only the third time since Bob Devaney took over. If we go to a bowl and lose an 8th game this year, this will be something I have never seen in my 44 years of life... I've heard about it, but thought it was a myth in Nebraska. I see it all the time in places like Purdue and Iowa. But never seen it here.

You've lived through it recently... Do I just hope next year will be better?

You've been helpful so far... Appreciate any other advice. :)

Now, I would argue, you are experiencing hysterical blindness. Going 5-8 for a college team will be a first. This will be uncharted territory and would be way above my pay grade. I fear whatever I could suggest would just be guess-work.
Just win ur bowl game and it would make things much easier.

You have almost conquered your denial. I am proud of you!!

Reactions: timnsun
You are wise beyond your years and your tv diploma. Thanks for the help! And good luck the rest of the way!

Reactions: DrVenkman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT