ADVERTISEMENT

We still looked better

Did they look better the last 12 minutes of the game when it mattered? Just like they finished against colorado, the coaches had no answers for the buffs, and no answers for Northwestern.

Reactions: husker2612
Did they look better the last 12 minutes of the game when it mattered? Just like they finished against colorado, the coaches had no answers for the buffs, and no answers for Northwestern.

A QB with one good leg and zero running backs to turn to looked like Tom Brady. Williams and Bootle were crap today

Agree.

Frost is still a young relatively inexperienced coach though. Him and his staff will grow. The players will grow.

Agree.

Frost is still a young relatively inexperienced coach though. Him and his staff will grow. The players will grow.
Tom Osborne was younger and less experienced than Frost when he took over, and he never lost a game like that his first year when he had such a lead. Frost is plenty experienced, and he better learn from this one, it's all on him.

Tom Osborne was younger and less experienced than Frost when he took over, and he never lost a game like that his first year when he had such a lead. Frost is plenty experienced, and he better learn from this one, it's all on him.
Don’t even go there. The players Osborne had and the continuity in coaching staff are light years away from what frost has today.

This is just a plain stupid comment spoken out of anger after finding yet another way to lose a game.

Agree.
The offense was a bit more consistent this game.
The defense actually showed a little.
Special teams even had a few positive plays.

Still not good enough to win yet, but improving. Gotta be frustrating for Scott to watch his team snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yes we're looking better but left way to many points on the field need to finish drives and make field goals that's also a momentum killer

Reactions: dinglefritz
Minus the last five minutes, I agree with you. This one was tough to watch, total meltdown by coaches and players. Gotta learn how to win.

With a 10 point lead Frost was dancing and celebrating on the sidelines. Does he enjoy losing ? Time for him to model what he tells his players. Anyone including a coach who is dancing during the game should be kicked out of the game just like a targeting penalty. Time to point the thumb frosty.

With a 10 point lead Frost was dancing and celebrating on the sidelines. Does he enjoy losing ? Time for him to model what he tells his players. Anyone including a coach who is dancing during the game should be kicked out of the game just like a targeting penalty. Time to point the thumb frosty.
Dancing? I missed the game so would like to see a clip of that.

Celebrating? He’s excited for the players... have no problem with him pumping up the players. Unless he was celebrating all alone...

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Don’t even go there. The players Osborne had and the continuity in coaching staff are light years away from what frost has today.

This is just a plain stupid comment spoken out of anger after finding yet another way to lose a game.
I went there because of someone else spouting about how Frost is inexperienced, he's far from it. He faced many of the same problems his first year at ucf, that experience should have made him better in 4th quarter situations like today. And Frost has continuity in his staff, so, using your own words, don't go there with a stupid comment of your own.

I went there because of someone else spouting about how Frost is inexperienced, he's far from it. He faced many of the same problems his first year at ucf, that experience should have made him better in 4th quarter situations like today. And Frost has continuity in his staff, so, using your own words, don't go there with a stupid comment of your own.
His third year as head coach. Still learning on the job imo.

Let me break it down. When devaney retired, many of the coaches under Osborne were the same, if not all of them.

The offense wasn’t drastically changed from one system to another. It remained the same. The players on that team were used to winning and won 2 NCs in 3 years. They had way more scholarships then, and parity in college football was nonexistent. You didn’t have good teams outside of the big conferences. And even then there were usually only a few good teams per conference. The continuity was clearly there. No big changes other than the head coach.

Scott Frost’s experience here is nothing like Tom Osborne’s experience. Nothing. Losing culture... 2 losing season in 3 years. Totally new offense. Limited scholarships and greater parity than we’ve ever seen in college football.

So, yeah, I believe your statement was dumber than mine.

But I also believe it was spoken in the heat of the moment. You and I aren’t enemies here. We pull for the same team. I just disagree with your statement. And probably worded it harshly.

I wanted to break something in the hotel room. But we look better. Day by day.

Keep smoking. Half the starters are seniors on both sides. Let me guess, you think they aren’t playing the best players due to being a senior? The 2* and 3* behind are licking their chops ;) I think one of them had a P5 offer but I doubt it. This class coming in will change everything :)

Keep smoking. Half the starters are seniors on both sides. Let me guess, you think they aren’t playing the best players due to being a senior? The 2* and 3* behind are licking their chops ;) I think one of them had a P5 offer but I doubt it. This class coming in will change everything :)
Your act is old.

Let me break it down. When devaney retired, many of the coaches under Osborne were the same, if not all of them.

The offense wasn’t drastically changed from one system to another. It remained the same. The players on that team were used to winning and won 2 NCs in 3 years. They had way more scholarships then, and parity in college football was nonexistent. You didn’t have good teams outside of the big conferences. And even then there were usually only a few good teams per conference. The continuity was clearly there. No big changes other than the head coach.

Scott Frost’s experience here is nothing like Tom Osborne’s experience. Nothing. Losing culture... 2 losing season in 3 years. Totally new offense. Limited scholarships and greater parity than we’ve ever seen in college football.

So, yeah, I believe your statement was dumber than mine.

But I also believe it was spoken in the heat of the moment. You and I aren’t enemies here. We pull for the same team. I just disagree with your statement. And probably worded it harshly.

No worries, on to Minnesota now. But I think you just referenced us to Dumb and Dumber.:D

Reactions: timnsun
Dancing? Don’t recall seeing that. Video or link?

The way he talks though it seems he has all the answers they're just not executing.
Scott can rub people the wrong way at times.. I don't think he has the charm Bo Pelini had, and I think that gives him a shorter rope with people in general. If people like you or if you're winning, people don't care what you're saying as much, so I too wish Scott would filter what he says more, but the plus side is what he is saying is likely exactly what he is thinking, so it is easier to decipher where his head is at.

Reactions: SC_'sker
On Offense 4 of the starters are seniors and 7 are Freshmen and Sophomores. On defense really only 3 start because of the d-line rotating so much, I would not count any d-lineman a starter over any of the backups. If you count the DL then five starters with Mick being out do to injury.

Scott can rub people the wrong way at times.. I don't think he has the charm Bo Pelini had, and I think that gives him a shorter rope with people in general. If people like you or if you're winning, people don't care what you're saying as much, so I too wish Scott would filter what he says more, but the plus side is what he is saying is likely exactly what he is thinking, so it is easier to decipher where his head is at.
Pelini had charm? Are you serious?

TO took over for a legend, Frost took over for Devaney polar opposite, not to mention the three stooges before him. Let just give SF some time to right the ship, he inherited a mess.

Last edited:
TO took over for a legend, Frost took over for Devaney polar opposite , no to mention the three stooges before him. Let just give SF some time to right the ship, he inherited a mess.
I'm willing to give him time, I think everyone is, but the last 12 minutes were atrocious and he's experienced enough to figure out better than what they did in those last 12 minutes.

If he doesn't learn from that, I don't know what will be learned.

A QB with one good leg and zero running backs to turn to looked like Tom Brady. Williams and Bootle were crap today
They scored 29 on the road against Michigan state...they have a good passing game. And an above average defense. Our 3 previous games we lost by an average of 27 ppg...we weren't going to suddenly jump to beating a good team, on the road. This was the predictable thing....here are the steps

1. Get obliterated
2. Get beat good
3. Get beat, but hang in there
4. Choke and lose a game you are supposed to win
5. Win in a close game
6. Win by double digits
7. Beat a team good
8. Obliterate a team

Lets hope we get to #8 by Iowa.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I'm willing to give him time, I think everyone is, but the last 12 minutes were atrocious and he's experienced enough to figure out better than what they did in those last 12 minutes.

If he doesn't learn from that, I don't know what will be learned.

What did he do wrong? He was gifted with a true freshman kicker, a true freshman qb, and a horrific center. His team only makes 10% of its fourth downs, and they only make half their field goals. And they fumbled half the snaps they went under center. So what is he supposed to do in short yardage, in field goal range, on fourth down. The only bright spot on special teams is this new punter. When you have a bad team, everything can and will go wrong. They have gone from getting blown out in EVERY big 10 game to competing again. Lets just enjoy that.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Iirc TO inherited a 2x national team, was about to be run out of town in 78 I believe. Same pitchfork dumbasses now or descendents

Northwestern fan. At the game. Nebraska was the better team - played fine with great enthusiasm - until the last few minutes when a more experienced team with a fifth year, potential high NFL draft pick did his thing and an inexperienced team committed a roughing the passer penalty, hiked the ball six inches off the ground, etc. Pretty much Nebraska looked good except for an overmatched secondary. Just the facts. Everyone tends to belittle Northwestern when in fact their record since the mid-nineties competes with any program in the Big 10 other than the Ohio State's of the world.. Next year Martinez will be delivering the pain.

But Osborne's cupboard was full of Devaney's players and most of his assistants, so there's that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT