ADVERTISEMENT

We’re 5-1

Oct 7, 2012
The same record as top 25 teams Ohio St, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Tenn, Clemson, ND, A&M, Boise, K State, Missouri, SMU, Illinois.

We convert a drive or 2 at Illinois and Nebraska is getting playoff talk right now.

Point being… Chill. It’s never as good or bad as it seems. We weren’t the playoff contenders people were hyping us up to be after the CU win… and we aren’t bottom of the B1G after a pedestrian win against a bad Rutgers.

This team has the ability to win or lose every game on the schedule. Maybe with the exception of tOSU, but the Oregon game actually gave me hope we can compete.

There’s going to be ups and downs the rest of the way, but I think we match up well with IU. Our pass rush and corners shut em down. Huskers by 10.

GBR!

ethanz-3fanz.gif

The same record as top 25 teams Ohio St, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Tenn, Clemson, ND, A&M, Boise, K State, Missouri, SMU, Illinois.

We convert a drive or 2 at Illinois and Nebraska is getting playoff talk right now.

Point being… Chill. It’s never as good or bad as it seems. We weren’t the playoff contenders people were hyping us up to be after the CU win… and we aren’t bottom of the B1G after a pedestrian win against a bad Rutgers.

This team has the ability to win or lose every game on the schedule. Maybe with the exception of tOSU, but the Oregon game actually gave me hope we can compete.

There’s going to be ups and downs the rest of the way, but I think we match up well with IU. Our pass rush and corners shut em down. Huskers by 10.

GBR!
Thank you, please join the others now.

Yeah, I'd like to know where that comes from too. And this isn't the first poster I've seen that from.
I suppose one could argue that they actually got beat - so there is a possibility.

On the flip side of that some thought that after USC beat LSU and there was no way we had the athletes to compete … MN missed the memo on that game.

What about the OSU-Oregon game gave you hope? I’m genuinely curious.
I appreciate this thread in that there's a lot to be positive about but the OSU-Oregon game was not one of them for me. Both teams look like they're a full step stronger & faster at every position. Yikes.

But... one game at a time. Let's start on Saturday.
GO 🌽🏈!!

I suppose one could argue that they actually got beat - so there is a possibility.

On the flip side of that some thought that after USC beat LSU and there was no way we had the athletes to compete … MN missed the memo on that game.

Yeah, well half the NFL lost yesterday too. Think we'd have a shot against all of those teams?

Yeah, I think we match up to Ohio State a whole lot differently than Oregon does. We're closer to how Iowa matches up than Oregon.
Until we stop having games like the first half at Purdue or the second half of the Rutgers game, we are going to have this comparison. Iowa does not have a freshman All-American at QB. So that gives me hope that our offense is not completely inept. Meaning we have a chance to compete and answer.

Reactions: RBigredMax
Until we stop having games like the first half at Purdue or the second half of the Rutgers game, we are going to have this comparison. Iowa does not have a freshman All-American at QB. So that gives me hope that our offense is not completely inept. Meaning we have a chance to compete and answer.
Well said. As far as Iowa goes, their offense is much better than it has been and sure that isn't saying much. They have a RB who some say is "top five", two outstanding offensive linemen- one that may go in the first round. That QB is decent.

One thing that I noticed with NU is that they went under center a lot more against Rutgers than they have previously. The fullback is getting more snaps. This is the way-- long term. I think our rushing stats are better than years past when you consider that a good portion of our past rushing yards came from QB keeps and QB scrambles. Without a QB run threat, running out of shot gun formation isn't as effective.

Last edited:

GBR!
Predicting a double-digit win against anyone in the BIG10 right now is completely baseless and really just being a homer.

Yeah, well half the NFL lost yesterday too. Think we'd have a shot against all of those teams?
I’m not saying we have a realistic shot against OState. I’m saying opinions can change week to week. After the USC win against LSU I don’t think anyone envisioned they would be 3-3 after losing to MN. Crazy stuff can happen.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
What about the OSU-Oregon game gave you hope? I’m genuinely curious.
Let me preface this by saying I still expect us to lose that game by at least 2 scores.

But I thought OSU on the lines didn’t look dominant. If we can compete there, there’s always a chance (albeit a very small one).

Predicting a double-digit win against anyone in the BIG10 right now is completely baseless and really just being a homer.
Ok… This is the home board for the Huskers.

I just think it’s a good matchup for us that plays to our strengths. I like our chances in this game better than a team like Iowa.

Most of these games will be toss ups. Like our odds this week

At this point yes. What has Nebraska done to prove they are any better than Indiana or anyone else in the BIG 10 after the top 3 or 4 teams?
It’s not like he’s predicting a 28 point beatdown. He thinks it will be a close, two possession game

Who has Indiana beaten? What have they done to prove they are all you think they are?
I don't think Indiana is that great. Neither is Nebraska other than Defense. Any team in the BIG is susceptible to being beat by any other is my point. Other than maybe 2 or 3 teams. We have seen this for a year or more and already this year. It's very obvious just go look at Saturday's scores.

We lost to IL but Purdue comes from 20+ down and almost beats IL? WI destroys Rutgers. A lot of average to decent teams and from week to week you never know. Make mistakes on the field or coaching you can get beat.

I don't think Indiana is that great. Neither is Nebraska other than Defense. Any team in the BIG is susceptible to being beat by any other is my point. Other than maybe 2 or 3 teams. We have seen this for a year or more and already this year. It's very obvious just go look at Saturday's scores.

We lost to IL but Purdue comes from 20+ down and almost beats IL? WI destroys Rutgers. A lot of average to decent teams and from week to week you never know. Make mistakes on the field or coaching you can get beat.
I understand. Its still double digit points.
You just talked about anybody beating anybody, including Wisconsin beating down Rutgers, but it’s homerish to predict a 10 point victory for Nebraska? What am I missing?

If anything, your post makes it even more likely that Nebraska can win by 10 points, since anything can happen on any given Saturday.

I guess I just don’t see your point at all.

You just talked about anybody beating anybody, including Wisconsin beating down Rutgers, but it’s homerish to predict a 10 point victory for Nebraska? What am I missing?

If anything, your post makes it even more likely that Nebraska can win by 10 points, since anything can happen on any given Saturday.

I guess I just don’t see your point at all.
Wisconsin is not Nebraska. They have proved in the past they can win those games and has by large margins, consistently over the last 10 years. We are not comparable to WI in the last 10-15 years. Like it or not.

Nebraska has been able to beat the majority of the teams on its schedule for a few seasons in terms of talent. Nebraska has failed to run a program that takes advantage of that talent to produce wins. This season is no different on the first part, and we are in the process of finding out whether the second is now different. Last season the D seemed to get saltier as the season wore on. They were put in terrible situations routinely and did not yield TDs. They held up very well against Rutgers. Let's hope they take another step in the salty direction Saturday.

Wisconsin is not Nebraska. They have proved in the past they can win those games and has by large margins, consistently over the last 10 years. We are not comparable to WI in the last 10-15 years. Like it or not.
That wasn’t my point… You indicated anything can happen on any day in college football, but husker fans must be crazy to think that they could beat Indiana by 10. That’s my point. You’re talking through both sides of your mouth.

Reactions: baseball31ne
That wasn’t my point… You indicated anything can happen on any day in college football, but husker fans must be crazy to think that they could beat Indiana by 10. That’s my point. You’re talking through both sides of your mouth.
Nebraska could beat IU by ten or lose by 10.

Wisconsin didn’t play Rutgers on 40/50mph gusty winds, so I’m not going to compare Wisky game against them last Saturday to our game 2 weeks ago..

Wisconsin didn’t play Rutgers on 40/50mph gusty winds, so I’m not going to compare Wisky game against them last Saturday to our game 2 weeks ago..
Whatever excuse you want to use to justify your position is great.

We are a good team headed in the right direction that still has massive improvements to make. We can easily get beat by anyone in our conference if we do what we have the last 10 years. It's that simple.

That’s on coaching. Need to switch it up and not stick him on an island
You can’t hide a weak spot for long. Eventually you go man to man and you are exposed. Remember the days when teams picked on our CBs and Tom switched jerseys at half time to make it harder to find him? You give a weak guy help and you leave yourself open somewhere else.

You can’t hide a weak spot for long. Eventually you go man to man and you are exposed. Remember the days when teams picked on our CBs and Tom switched jerseys at half time to make it harder to find him? You give a weak guy help and you leave yourself open somewhere else.
No I don't remember that because those days never were. Burke and McCashland switched jerseys pregame of the 84 Orange Bowl. Only time TO ever tried it. Facts are a bitch

• Love
Whatever excuse you want to use to justify your position is great.

We are a good team headed in the right direction that still has massive improvements to make. We can easily get beat by anyone in our conference if we do what we have the last 10 years. It's that simple.
But in your opinion we can’t beat Indiana by 10. Or at least, we as Husker fans must be homer fans to think that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT