ADVERTISEMENT

WBB coach suspended

If it was really "that" wouldn't he be fired ASAP, or suspended without pay?

Maybe she hit him?
Got to imagine there's an investigation going on. It's tough to fire people nowadays, even with just cause. Scary thought is if Coach Williams knew but did nothing. Does that take her down also?

Reactions: Can o' corn
Got to imagine there's an investigation going on. It's tough to fire people nowadays, even with just cause. Scary thought is if Coach Williams knew but did nothing. Does that take her down also?
No one knows anything though and is making broad assumptions since its a Male coach and female athlete. Could be NIL, could sexual, could be unrelated.. Doubt we'll ever know

If this is done according to script it goes like this:

Word gets to the top, Williams or higher, but it goes up.

There is an initial interview to determine if there is probable cause to move forward with a complete investigation.

Since there was a suspension, there is at least a possibility something is seriously wrong.

Investigations take a long time even if the very first rock turns over bad for the person. You have to follow all trails, lots of talking to people. 3 questions overall, who, what, when.

"Cause" would be listed in his contract but consenting "adults" does not apply in these cases. Ask Zucker at CNN how that works.

Note: I don't speculate on any of this, who did what, when, whatever, just sharing some of my experiences which have not been pleasant.

So, what I dont quite understand is if she did get pregnant, that isnt a reason to remove her from the team mid season. I mean, they deleted her team profile. She could just go on a medical or something.

That almost leads me to believe it's something else.

Reactions: Dharry
So, what I dont quite understand is if she did get pregnant, that isnt a reason to remove her from the team mid season. I mean, they deleted her team profile. She could just go on a medical or something.

That almost leads me to believe it's something else.
That's exactly why and what leads to the speculation there is. If it wasn't more severe you would be correct

TruHusker is exactly right. The damages MAY be mitigated since she is 23 and IF she says it was consensual. But I'm guessing she's had multiple lawyers already reach out to her and she will be "coached" into what to say to maximize the damages. She can say she has faced severe PTSD, mental anguish, forced to transfer, etc. She will say she thought she had to sleep with him to keep her scholarship or not lose minutes. That's why UNL is doing a full investigation before they fire him or terminate his pay. Standard stuff in these cases. If she is pregnant, the plaintiff holds all the cards and UNL will pay damages and do whatever they can to keep her both silent and happy.

I don't know what happened here and I am hoping for the best and hope this isn't what everyone is thinking. I find myself doubting all the speculation because I cannot understand how a man in his position could put himself in this position. The wife, the job, the kids, financial security...if all this is true, **poof** it's all gone. So until I hear otherwise, I hope none of this is true.

I don't know what happened here and I am hoping for the best and hope this isn't what everyone is thinking. I find myself doubting all the speculation because I cannot understand how a man in his position could put himself in this position. The wife, the job, the kids, financial security...if all this is true, **poof** it's all gone. So until I hear otherwise, I hope none of this is true.
Something happened, but unless this goes to court we will probably never know what really did.....and then, "facts" are subjective.

Love had worked with Williams for 10 years. Their families appear to be close. Regardless of facts....this has to be gut wrenching for Amy, her husband....and Mrs. Love. Chuckie Jr is a starting PG for Southwest. Whatever happened, and all this gossip has to be taking an emotional strain on everyone.

My spouse cheated...small town...its gut wrenching to be the "talk of the town."

Carter, Green, and Trev will move cautiously. There are boundaries when in positions of power; we don't know what boundaries were crossed. But social media photos of the player involved, may be perceived in a negative way.

Love Amy Williams and this team. Let's go dancing !!!

Little by little.....

So he either banged your mom or sister. You spew all this crap but you cant back it up except your post. You sure seem like another Iowa troll
It was both. Now he can’t look at either without this visual,

200w.gif

Makes the holidays especially hard on him!

In the threads blasting Iowa and Ferentz, I warned that it's not relegated to other schools....and like clockwork Nebraska's mascot is labeled as racist.

And in the threads blasting Michigan and Michigan State, I said the same thing....and like clockwork Nebraska has a sex scandal.
Proving you’re a dumb ass with every post. It’s only a scandal if you want to blow it out of proportion. IF they had sex, which seems likely, and IF it was consensual, it was poor judgment but nothing that rises to the level of PSU or MSU.

Something happened, but unless this goes to court we will probably never know what really did.....and then, "facts" are subjective.

Love had worked with Williams for 10 years. Their families appear to be close. Regardless of facts....this has to be gut wrenching for Amy, her husband....and Mrs. Love. Chuckie Jr is a starting PG for Southwest. Whatever happened, and all this gossip has to be taking an emotional strain on everyone.

My spouse cheated...small town...its gut wrenching to be the "talk of the town."

Carter, Green, and Trev will move cautiously. There are boundaries when in positions of power; we don't know what boundaries were crossed. But social media photos of the player involved, may be perceived in a negative way.

Love Amy Williams and this team. Let's go dancing !!!
Did you then cheat on her with something horrible, dump her ass, and then go “Law Abiding Citizen” on the dude I hope?!

Trev, who was never qualified to be a big time AD, is an idiot and will be proven to be one in the next couple of years. Mess or not. By not firing Frost, he is on his way. He is a former Husker, so all is good in Nebraskahomerland. Give me a break. Live and learn I guess.
You are not a good person ! :)

I've heard rumors on other platforms that she'll be discussing this on her radio show Tuesday. Any truth to this? If so, what station? Also, rumors that she has nowhere to go and is staying at the director of the radio stations house? I hope this isn't true. Hopefully, she has family to go back home to.

I've heard rumors on other platforms that she'll be discussing this on her radio show Tuesday. Any truth to this? If so, what station? Also, rumors that she has nowhere to go and is staying at the director of the radio stations house? I hope this isn't true. Hopefully, she has family to go back home to.
Who Is she?

• Haha
Reactions: Hoyt Shepherd Sr.

93.7 the ticket from 7-8 tonight
They live stream everything on YouTube

she absolutely needs to make her account private for a bit. The assholes and perverts are commenting up a storm.

Anybody can start a podcast. I find it interesting a radio station gives air time every week to an obscure women's bball player. Does anybody actually listen, other than her family?
They have a ton of these type shows. One from 2 NE linemen, a VB one, Mens BB, and presumably other sports that I have never heard of the players on.

probably an easy way to fill unused time slots on weekday nights.

Anybody can start a podcast. I find it interesting a radio station gives air time every week to an obscure women's bball player. Does anybody actually listen, other than her family?
Perhaps you should look at the weeknight schedule for the Ticket, you can see that many of the Nebraska non revenue generating sports are represented with a show.

Imagine, if this were were Penn State the coach could shower with the player and no one in the state would think anything of it.

It reminds me of Pat Summit's son, who got canned for banging a player. Hell of an entertaining story! Now they're married and living happily ever after.
Probably good that Pat was not doing well mentally when that happened. IF THE RUMORS ARE TRUE This situation is different in a lot of ways; in my thinking more sad. There must be a 20 yr age difference between our coach and our player. Our coach and his wife have been in a long-term relationship....they have children, at least one is 16 yrs....and is in the spotlight himself as an athlete. Our coach has also worked under Amy for 10 years; Amy has invested in him for 10 years.

I hope all this talk really is just gossip and rumors. I feel.most sorry for Amy and his wife

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT