ADVERTISEMENT

Washington St. would beat UCF handily.

stonesak

Sophomore
Mar 17, 2012
Explosive offense, and a quick, attacking D. Too bad the vocal minority are more concerned about "fit" than hiring the most qualified coach.

If they are the minority, then who cares?
And who cares anyway? If Moos thinks leach is the guy he should hire him. He should be a candidate, how serious is up to leach and moos. Exact same with frost.

Explosive offense, and a quick, attacking D. Too bad the vocal minority are more concerned about "fit" than hiring the most qualified coach.

I would love Leach as my Offensive Coord. but don't base it on one great year. He has been there many years and finally a great team. Can he do it consistently year end and year out? The answer is NO. I have not even looked at his team, but I bet it is loaded with seniors. See next year.

Scott Frost would be a great hire, but let his offense play out and don't go living in the past and hope he plays the option. I doubt Frost would come to Nebraska, he could easily get a much better job. Sorry but Nebraska is not a top job like Florida, Texas A&M, Tennessee. I think he gets the Florida job if he waits until next year when they fire fat boy

Actually this UCF offense may be a bad fit for Lincoln with out the Williams's Parella and at least 3 or 4 more ace recruiters to bring the kind of talent to make it look as good as the talent Frost can put in it from the Florida and Oregon backyards. Are backyard has no where near the skilled talent for it to win against the teams of this conference. We can't afford to loose another class . It will only delay the time it will take for an offense like his to compete in the Big Ten and unfortunately we will never look as good as the Ducks or a Florida team that runs it . Better of with getting a new OC and O line coach and pressing forward through next year. Unless you all want to see walkons from the sand hills with 4.9 speed at RB and WR trying to imitate the Oregon Offense? Choo Choo MFR

Actually this UCF offense may be a bad fit for Lincoln with out the Williams's Parella and at least 3 or 4 more ace recruiters to bring the kind of talent to make it look as good as the talent Frost can put in it from the Florida and Oregon backyards. Are backyard has no where near the skilled talent for it to win against the teams of this conference. We can't afford to loose another class . It will only delay the time it will take for an offense like his to compete in the Big Ten and unfortunately we will never look as good as the Ducks or a Florida team that runs it . Better of with getting a new OC and O line coach and pressing forward through next year. Unless you all want to see walkons from the sand hills with 4.9 speed at RB and WR trying to imitate the Oregon Offense? Choo Choo MFR
I understand you believe the recruiting is great but it's kinda like the team. Was promising the first quarter of recruiting season and now not so much.

Reactions: HuskerDana

So we cant recruit for a spread option offense but you recommend that we stick with what we currently have, an NFL style offense that we really cant recruit to?

How often have you watched the Cougs? The game just got over here at 11: 00 pm PDT so that is 1:00pm if you live in Nebraska. I question how much you know about Washington State football. Most of their games are played late. I don't know if Scott Frost is the answer. He may Or may not be what the Huskers need. As I have written before I watch the Cougs second only to the Husker games. I was at a wedding earlier this evening before the game started. The vast majority of those there are WSU alumni. They aren't happy about losing Moos (the father of the groom grabbed me as I was walking to my seat prior to the ceremony to discuss Moos going to Nebraska) and I think they are concerned about losing Leach too. I think Leech would drive all of us Big Red fans nuts. He's more than a little wacky. He maybe the most irreverent coach currently working the sidelines. He had his entire offense do UP and Downs in the 3rd quarter because they went 3 and out on two consecutive drives.

Reactions: SoFL Husker
How often have you watched the Cougs? The game just got over here at 11: 00 pm PDT so that is 1:00pm if you live in Nebraska. I question how much you know about Washington State football. Most of their games are played late. I don't know if Scott Frost is the answer. He may Or may not be what the Huskers need. As I have written before I watch the Cougs second only to the Husker games. I was at a wedding earlier this evening before the game started. The vast majority of those there are WSU alumni. They aren't happy about losing Moos (the father of the groom grabbed me as I was walking to my seat prior to the ceremony to discuss Moos going to Nebraska) and I think they are concerned about losing Leach too. I think Leech would drive all of us Big Red fans nuts. He's more than a little wacky. He maybe the most irreverent coach currently working the sidelines. He had his entire offense do UP and Downs in the 3rd quarter because they went 3 and out on two consecutive drives.

Nebraska fans aren't exactly unfamiliar with Leach..

we'll know soon enough how good they are as they are just about to hit the meat of their schedule.

Frost gives us a good opportunity to bring back "the culture" imo. Leach is good but not sure how he's a fit in Lincoln. He did win a NC in........uh wait he has never won one, that's right. Nieither has Frost as a HC but he's been there as a player.

Frost gives us a good opportunity to bring back "the culture" imo. Leach is good but not sure how he's a fit in Lincoln. He did win a NC in........uh wait he has never won one, that's right. Nieither has Frost as a HC but he's been there as a player.

The won one as a player holds water until you say the name coach Tommie Frazier. There are plenty of positive arguments you can make for Scott Frost to become the next head coach, I just don’t think championship player is one of them. What national title did Urban or Saban or Stoops or so on and so on. Magic Johnson was the epitome of a winner, sucked as a coach.

I wonder if someone recalls how Cal just a week ago beat the hell out of Wa State? A very pedestrian Cal team. And Colorado this year? Not even close to the team they were last year. Hell, Boise hung a lot of points on Leach earlier this year. The PAC this year isn’t all that great a conference, and Wa State is good, but hardly great.

Last edited:
Reactions: AFTray
Duck, you aren't allowed to say anything but rainbows and unicorns about coach Frost here.

Sorry, I meant if a loser, no talent coach like Leach could win in the incredibly talent and tradition rich Pullman, WA then imagine what Scott could do there. Probably be in the playoffs every year, might even replace Saban as the best coach in college football.

I wonder if someone recalls how Cal just a week ago beat the hell out of Wa State? A very pedestrian Cal team. And Colorado this year? Not even close to the team they were last year. Hell, Boise hung a lot of points on Leach earlier this year. The PAC this year isn’t all that great a conference, and Wa State is good, but hardly great.

Colorado and Cal are better than any team on UCF's schedule other than Memphis (USF is smoke and mirrors, IMO).

Reactions: dinglefritz

"Fit" is more important than you think but it also needs to be paired with vision, integrity, focus and steadfastness. I have no interest in Leach due to fit, but I would be happy to take his D Coordinator. They are currently 2nd in Pac 12 scoring defense - when has that ever happened with Leach at the helm?

Fit is important. Culture is important. I have seen lots of extremely successful people take a job that they didn't fit in with and it was a total disaster. That doesn't mean they are not successful it means it wasn't the right place for them to work in an environment where they could be successful. Could that be the reason Riley didn't work here? Maybe. Could it be the reason why Frost could work here? Maybe. Could it be the reason why Frost wouldn't work here? Maybe. Frost isn't the perfect fit here. Yes this is his home but his offense may or may not be the perfect fit here. I have no crystal ball saying which coach would be the best here. Nor does anyone else on either side of the Frost argument. I do know this Riley is not the answer and that is clear to anyone who has an open mind.

Its now up to Moos, Green, Bounds, and the BOR to take all things into account and pick the best Head Coach. I know this Nebraska will never be what we all want it to be unless we can stop killing each other over things we cant control.

Reactions: BigRedLegion
Don't want a coach who starts a Twitter campaign to try to get paid by his former university.

"Fit" is more important than you think but it also needs to be paired with vision, integrity, focus and steadfastness. I have no interest in Leach due to fit, but I would be happy to take his D Coordinator. They are currently 2nd in Pac 12 scoring defense - when has that ever happened with Leach at the helm?

Why exactly do people think Leach wouldn't fit here. He's honest about his team's performance (no bs coach talk), he demands excellence (he made their offense do push-ups for having two straight three and outs, and I doubt you'll find a coach with a better vision of what his team's identity is, or a more focused and balanced individual). As far as integrity, look more into that Adam James situation and tell me if you think Leach acted inappropriately. The only reason I can imagine people say he is a "bad fit" is his style of offense. Well, everyone says NU needs a unique offensive identity to compete, why not Leach's offense? Are we still that gun shy about a passing coach? I think this whole state needs therapy. Our fear of passing offenses is irrational.

Colorado is not better than Navy this year. Colorado was terrible last night.

Who has Navy beaten? Yes, Colorado was awful last night, thanks to the weather conditions and WSU's defense, but they beat CSU, who is far better than anyone Navy's played.

Fit is important. Culture is important. I have seen lots of extremely successful people take a job that they didn't fit in with and it was a total disaster. That doesn't mean they are not successful it means it wasn't the right place for them to work in an environment where they could be successful. Could that be the reason Riley didn't work here? Maybe. Could it be the reason why Frost could work here? Maybe. Could it be the reason why Frost wouldn't work here? Maybe. Frost isn't the perfect fit here. Yes this is his home but his offense may or may not be the perfect fit here. I have no crystal ball saying which coach would be the best here. Nor does anyone else on either side of the Frost argument. I do know this Riley is not the answer and that is clear to anyone who has an open mind.

Its now up to Moos, Green, Bounds, and the BOR to take all things into account and pick the best Head Coach. I know this Nebraska will never be what we all want it to be unless we can stop killing each other over things we cant control.
So... are you still a fan, or are you still leaving if you don't get exactly what you want? Hypocrite

I guess if we want to give another golden parachute to a Pac12 coach with a 60% career winning percentage, he's our guy!

Just ignore he's rebuilt two completely moribund programs in two of the most isolated locations in the college football world, and he's done it with his own recruits.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Why exactly do people think Leach wouldn't fit here. He's honest about his team's performance (no bs coach talk), he demands excellence (he made their offense do push-ups for having two straight three and outs, and I doubt you'll find a coach with a better vision of what his team's identity is, or a more focused and balanced individual). As far as integrity, look more into that Adam James situation and tell me if you think Leach acted inappropriately. The only reason I can imagine people say he is a "bad fit" is his style of offense. Well, everyone says NU needs a unique offensive identity to compete, why not Leach's offense? Are we still that gun shy about a passing coach? I think this whole state needs therapy. Our fear of passing offenses is irrational.

I was talking to a Texas Tech fan last night who says TT fans never wanted Leach fired and that they should pay up. They also can't stand Craig James. It sounds like Kingsbury may not last long either.

Reactions: stonesak
I was talking to a Texas Tech fan last night who says TT fans never wanted Leach fired and that they should pay up. They also can't stand Craig James. It sounds like Kingsbury may not last long either.

That jives with the Tech fans I've spoken with too. They said firing Leach was the worst decision their Athletic Department's ever made. After seeing the ISU-TTU score, I believe them.

Who has Navy beaten? Yes, Colorado was awful last night, thanks to the weather conditions and WSU's defense, but they beat CSU, who is far better than anyone Navy's played.

Oh, yeah, CSU sure has some quality wins this year. Please.

WSU is a P5 program. They are supposed to be playing a tougher schedule (which is debatable as the Pac10 is battling the B1G West for the worst of the P5 teams). They are also supposed to have better athletes and a better team. Your opinion of who would beat who is just your opinion and holds no water. CU was lucky to beat Oregon St. who may be the worst P5 team this year. I guess you can make the case that CU is not the worst P5 team, just the second to worst P5 team.

Some of the annoying posters on this board:

1) Mike Riley just hasn't had enough time because there was no talent at NU.

2) The ones that start a new 'I support Scott Frost as the only option as the next HC at NU" thread daily.

3) The ones that start a new Scott Frost thread daily trying to come up with reasons why he is not good enough to be NU's coach.

Some of the annoying posters on this board:

1) Mike Riley just hasn't had enough time because there was no talent at NU.

2) The ones that start a new 'I support Scott Frost as the only option as the next HC at NU" thread daily.

3) The ones that start a new Scott Frost thread daily trying to come up with reasons why he is not good enough to be NU's coach.

I promise my next thread will be "Dana Altman could beat Greg McDermott".

I understand you believe the recruiting is great but it's kinda like the team. Was promising the first quarter of recruiting season and now not so much.
Momentum is being slowed by uncertainty of the position coaches and Rileys future Moore and Bookie are the keys all current commits need assurance of coaches future without Double D Moore Brown Bookie Williams Goordrich gone with Another year for Coaches class will be firm and new commits will jump in Crocker Bush Tutt and a OLB and safety. Again All still in play and ready to roll with the Red. Children of the corn get your house right!

Almost any Head Coach We’ve been mentioning would be better than Riley..

The biggest fear for the majority of the fan base would be Frost going to another Power 5 school and becoming a big winner.

My point is neither one has a NC, but at least Frost observed (as a QB I might add) a NC process under TO and I do think that holds some weight. Especially given the fact that he is experiencing some success at UCF--as a coach. If Scott was tanking then your argument is a valid one. I certianly wouldn't have any expectations that Tommie Frazier could coach any team, especially NU. At any rate, I think either one is an improvement over the current regime (And I'm not a Mike Riley hater--I just don't think his track record translates into any success).
The won one as a player holds water until you say the name coach Tommie Frazier. There are plenty of positive arguments you can make for Scott Frost to become the next head coach, I just don’t think championship player is one of them. What national title did Urban or Saban or Stoops or so on and so on. Magic Johnson was the epitome of a winner, sucked as a coach.
s

I will tell you why because its this type of thinking that got us to where we are today. There has always been a segment of the fan base that wanted a passing offense, even when we were winning titles and a resident in the top ten.

Now all the evidence in the Big10 points to the direction of having a sound running game and playing good defense if you want to compete. Despite all that and despite that WI took our blue print and is successful in this conference. There are still fans that think a passing offense will work at NU. We have tried twice and failed miserably.

My question to you fans is Why the hell you would want a passing offense here?

Reactions: RedSea and bomber89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT