ADVERTISEMENT

Was Wandale only 5'5"?

Suhrreal

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 1, 2009
I was reading some stuff about Rondale Moore officially measuring in at only 5'7" compared to his listed 5'9" height. Well, Wandale was also listed at 5'9" but look at this pic of him standing next to Rondale:

So even though Wandale was a legit football player, maybe there is some truth to the narrative that upgrading size at WR will pay some dividends this fall. At the same time, the fact that a 5'5" 165 pounder was playing RB for us when our top dog was out last season has me bearish on Scott, Rahmir, and whoever else was healthy at that position last season.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Nick Saban is 5' 6" and Wan'Dale Robinson is wearing cleats in this photo that was taken in September 2018. So, you can draw whatever conclusions you wish.

4p1.jpg

wan'dale will never be heard from again

kid at least has heart and played hard for us, though. played through injury, did what was asked. seems like a tough kid, never said anything to hurt the program.

more than can be said for the lion's share of the offense (staff included) for the past 3 seasons.

kid at least has heart and played hard for us, though. played through injury, did what was asked. seems like a tough kid, never said anything to hurt the program.

more than can be said for the lion's share of the offense (staff included) for the past 3 seasons.
He’ll be fine at Kentucky. Good place for him.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I was reading some stuff about Rondale Moore officially measuring in at only 5'7" compared to his listed 5'9" height. Well, Wandale was also listed at 5'9" but look at this pic of him standing next to Rondale:

So even though Wandale was a legit football player, maybe there is some truth to the narrative that upgrading size at WR will pay some dividends this fall. At the same time, the fact that a 5'5" 165 pounder was playing RB for us when our top dog was out last season has me bearish on Scott, Rahmir, and whoever else was healthy at that position last season.
Worst thing for him and family was the Rondale comps. Significantly less elusive, physical or fast. Yes, WR ran hard but went down fairly easily. Credit the staff for getting him the ball multiple ways but WR never broke out in 2 years. Even before some RB carries to help team win with injuries, he was doing reverses, jet sweeps etc, etc

Good player but dude is legit REALLY small. There's no way he was more than about 5'5 and maybe like 170-175

You could see it when a DL got hold of him, it was over. The number of times he got picked up and ragdolled, that just doesn't happen to a guy who is D1 size.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I'm sure he'll have a less than spectacular career at Kentucky and that will be the end of it. He needs 4 inches of height and at least 30 to 35 pounds of muscle to be a professional player, assuming he keep his quicks

Reactions: GMDYBBY
little man syndrome is powerful.
is that why Saban is the GOAT?

kind of serious here.. short guys with a complex, sometimes outwork their way to success.

Sly Stallone, Mark Wahlberg, Tom Cruise to name a few.

Can't stand Mark Wahlberg though.. that guy is like that little dog you just want to punt across the room.

Reactions: GBRforLife1

kind of serious here.. short guys with a complex, sometimes outwork their way to success.

Can't stand Mark Wahlberg though.. that guy is like that little dog you just want to punt across the room.

What's funny about this post is Mark Wahlberg is actually the "best person" out of the three actors you named.

Actors are short.

Reactions: TheNewNU
What's funny about this post is Mark Wahlberg is actually the "best person" out of the three actors you named.
based on what? some advertisements trying to get people to donate to some cause he himself hasn't donated money to? Unless you know him personally, which I highly doubt, you don't know anything about how good or bad of a person he is.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Mark Wahlberg has been in trouble at least 20 t0 25 times with the Boston Police Department when he was a kid. By 13, Mark Wahlberg had developed an addiction to cocaine and other drugs. At 15, a civil action was filed against Mark Wahlberg for his involvement in two separate incidents of harassing African American children, by throwing rocks and showing racial slurs. At 16, Mark Wahlberg approached a Vietnamese man named Than Lam on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious while calling him “Vietnam ****ing shit.” The same day Mark Wahlberg also attacked another Vietnamese man named Hoa “Johnny” Trinh, punching him in the face. Mark Wahlberg left his victim permanently blind in one eye.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Mark Wahlberg has been in trouble at least 20 t0 25 times with the Boston Police Department when he was a kid. By 13, Mark Wahlberg had developed an addiction to cocaine and other drugs. At 15, a civil action was filed against Mark Wahlberg for his involvement in two separate incidents of harassing African American children, by throwing rocks and showing racial slurs. At 16, Mark Wahlberg approached a Vietnamese man named Than Lam on the street and, using a large wooden stick, knocked him unconscious while calling him “Vietnam ****ing shit.” The same day Mark Wahlberg also attacked another Vietnamese man named Hoa “Johnny” Trinh, punching him in the face. Mark Wahlberg left his victim permanently blind in one eye.

Ya. This guys a real piece of shit. Money doesn’t clean off that stench.

I'm honestly glad he transferred. It's not that I didn't like him but he was badly misused. Running him inside three plays in a row and leaving him hung out to dry on middle passes - I literally thought he was going to die on the field. I hope he does well at Kentucky. NU needs bigger players as playmakers.

Wandale is a tough kid who plays small. By that I mean that he is short and has short arms. A very small catch radius. Last season, I remember AM trying to hit Wandale on a deep corner route (can't remember the opponent). AM threw a great ball, Wandale was open and yet he couldn't reach the pass. Wandale jumps well off two feet, but given the angle of the route he had to either stop, turn and jump off two feet or continue running. Either way, he wasn't going to catch a pass that an average size receiver would easily get to.

Reactions: TheBeav815

People should get a pass for things they do as a kid if they change when they mature.

If they never mature, they don't get a pass.

Last edited:

Idk if that's the reason or it's the psychological response to the issues they face due to being short. But it's a real thing.

People should get a pass for things they do as a kid if they don't change when they mature.

So when you look at the totality of the lives of the 3 people he's the best?
I'm not convinced you can say that empirically.
You can say subjectively and emotionally I like him better than the other 2.
All 3 have amazing stories relative to where they came from, that's about all I can say.

So when you look at the totality of the lives of the 3 people he's the best?
I'm not convinced you can say that empirically.
You can say subjectively and emotionally I like him better than the other 2.
All 3 have amazing stories relative to where they came from, that's about all I can say.

You're probably right. I have not looked at all of their lives or the details.

But if we were all judged on the things we did as kids not many of us would be left standing.

Oddly enough that has not always been the case. Back in the days of Cary Grant and Sean Connery in the 40s and 50s those guys were all 6' plus. Not sure why the short guys took over Hollyweird.
Athletes aren’t the only ones to list their heights higher than actual. Tom Cruise has been listed at 5’9” but is actually closer to 5’7”.

The average height of a male in the US today is 5’9” which is not particularly tall. So many actors today will fall into the average height category. I think 50’s actors Alan Ladd and James Dean we’re shorter men (5’6” and 5’7” respectively). Al Pacino is also short (5’7”). I read that shorter actors are actually easier to capture on film.

This. He was rated like he was due to his size. His size limited his potential.

I was thinking Wandale was like 5'7, wow, Sproles was like 5'5 1/2. Sproles looked so much shorter in college for some reason, maybe because he was at K State and Wandale was on my team.

People should get a pass for things they do as a kid if they change when they mature.

Yeah, not dismissing his crimes as a kid in any way, but he has matured and he uses his fame and wealth to do a lot of good in the world now. That's worth something. Could be a narcissistic POS actor like most of Hollywood, but he isn't. He owned up to his heinous act against the Vietnamese man. We're a country of second chances for those who really want them and make the most of them.

I'm honestly glad he transferred. It's not that I didn't like him but he was badly misused. Running him inside three plays in a row and leaving him hung out to dry on middle passes - I literally thought he was going to die on the field. I hope he does well at Kentucky. NU needs bigger players as playmakers.

I think he was used perfectly. Got him the ball a lot, got him in space, let him get touches as a RB and as a WR, which is what he signed up for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT