ADVERTISEMENT

Wandale 4.38 at combine

56d.gif

Spin it all you want, many fools on here claimed he was slow.....

He is slow. Especially for what he is supposed to bring to the table. There is little doubt he is quick and can separate, but he can't long haul run away from people. Maybe not even DEs in the NFL.

That isn't a bad thing. Barry Sanders couldn't either, and many consider him the greatest RB in NFL history.

It has always been his size. Rondale Moore isn't exactly rocking the NFL. And he is bigger and faster than Wandale in a picture perfect offense for his skills. While Rondale contributes, he is an almost afterthought in the Cardinal offense.

For reference, 4.38 gives him the 11th-best 40 time among WRs this year.
First off I have my doubts about that time. Remember when the UCF linebacker had a 4.3 40 at the combine and it turned out to be an error? It was actually 4.5. Anyway, while that is superior speed he doesn't play anywhere near that fast. The weight of the pads has to be factored in.
I appreciate what Wandale did at Nebraska and did not mind that he transferred because Frost sticking him at RB to run inside draws was painful to watch. But I don't think he is going to even be drafted because he doesn't have the height to be an effective NFL receiver.

But I don't think he is going to even be drafted because he doesn't have the height to be an effective NFL receiver.
He is going to be drafted. Maybe at the end of round 3 if a team really likes him but probably on day 3.

He was officially listed at 5'8....the shortest player at the combine.
He's listed as 5'11 online. No freaking way. 5'7 maybe 5'8. Super short catch radius, but everybody knows that. He'll have a hard time catching on in the NFL.

Wandale is really good but “only option” is just lazy stupid media d bag speak. They fed him the ball but they had some good players on that offense
He said only receiving option - not only option - they had a great RB

he had more catches and more receiving yards than the next 5 highest receivers in those categories combined

He said only receiving option - not only option

he had more catches and more receiving yards than the next 5 highest receivers in those categories combined

Didn't Kentucky have one of their talented starting wide receivers get hurt midway through the season & miss the rest? Or am I thinking of another SEC team?

He said only receiving option - not only option - they had a great RB

Because they targeted him. To say they did not have other options was bs. Catches and talent are not in a vacuum to consider them 100% correlated

Because they targeted him. To say they did not have other options was bs. Catches and talent are not in a vacuum to consider them 100% correlated
But I am also biased because I think golic jr is pure garbage media douche bag

He was a player we needed in 2021, but he transferred. Nothing more, nothing less. Bagging on him, or his speed, or his height, or how low he is going to go in the NFL draft only deflects from why we let yet another 4-star recruit remain misused, unused, unhappy, underused, under-developed, or confused about his role. Whipple and Joseph probably won't change this ugly trend because the man at the top has no clue how to develop players or put them in positions to succeed.

It really sucks to see this thread being critical of Robinson. His problem IMHO wasn't him, it was Frost's bizarre player usage, development, and schizophrenic game planning.

I renewed my season tickets again today, but I'm fairly sure since the powers that be didn't replace the megalomaniac in charge, 2022 will be another disaster.

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC and Boiler_B
He was a player we needed in 2021, but he transferred. Nothing more, nothing less. Bagging on him, or his speed, or his height, or how low he is going to go in the NFL draft only deflects from why we let yet another 4-star recruit remain misused, unused, unhappy, underused, under-developed, or confused about his role. Whipple and Joseph probably won't change this ugly trend because the man at the top has no clue how to develop players or put them in positions to succeed.

It really sucks to see this thread being critical of Robinson. His problem IMHO wasn't him, it was Frost's bizarre player usage, development, and schizophrenic game planning.

I renewed my season tickets again today, but I'm fairly sure since the powers that be didn't replace the megalomaniac in charge, 2022 will be another disaster.
The problem was AM not Frost. We didn’t have a QB that could get the kid the ball. I’m confident this year looks entirely different when we have Thompson starting.

The problem was AM not Frost. We didn’t have a QB that could get the kid the ball. I’m confident this year looks entirely different when we have Thompson starting.
Martinez threw for more yards in 2 fewer games than the Kentucky QB. He also had a higher yards per attempt. QB rating was nearly identical.

I still think Robinson leaving had little to do with how we was being utilized. It was more about escaping a shitty program for an opportunity to play on a better team. I do think Kentucky utilized him better, but if the Cats had been a 3-9 clown show I doubt that Robinson would have been any happier there.

Martinez threw for more yards in 2 fewer games than the Kentucky QB. He also had a higher yards per attempt. QB rating was nearly identical.
Turnovers (fumbles) + tempo

neither is accounted for in QB rating, both are responsible for stats mentioned

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
Frost is the one that recruited AM and was ultimately responsible for his development at qb. (Cuz he hired the qb coach as well).

He also turned DOWN for some strange bizarro reason Burrow (who would have been able to make all those throws AM couldnt).

So ANY way u slice it, it was Frosts fault that his starting qb was not as accurate as he could/should have been.

I am not sure how u can rationalize this any way that doesnt make it Frosts fault. He literally recruited the innacurate qb, and turned down the accurate, Heisman and natty title winning qb. He literally fcked up twice and ur trying to say "nothing to see here"

Amazing.

Frost is the one that recruited AM and was ultimately responsible for his development at qb. (Cuz he hired the qb coach as well).

He also turned DOWN for some strange bizarro reason Burrow (who would have been able to make all those throws AM couldnt).

So ANY way u slice it, it was Frosts fault that his starting qb was not as accurate as he could/should have been.

I am not sure how u can rationalize this any way that doesnt make it Frosts fault. He literally recruited the innacurate qb, and turned down the accurate, Heisman and natty title winning qb. He literally fcked up twice and ur trying to say "nothing to see here"

Amazing.

All true, but that is some serious revisionist history on Burrow. At the time he was a 3 star recruit sitting 3rd string on the depth chart at OSU (behind a kid that ended up being a journeyman WR).

All true, but that is some serious revisionist history on Burrow. At the time he was a 3 star recruit sitting 3rd string on the depth chart at OSU (behind a kid that ended up being a journeyman WR).
How is it revisionist history?
If you take a look at the exact situation NU had at the time it was a no brainer to take Burrow.

Our QB room consisted of AM who had not even played his SR year of HS cuz of shoulder surgery he had on his throwing shoulder. So there was zero guarantees with him.

Two other QB's who were not fits for the system SF wanted to run, they were pro style QB/s in Patrick O Brien and Gebbia..And Gebbia was only 160lbs soaking wet, good luck seeing how he would have held up running the ball 15 times a game in the B10. EDIT: POB had already announced he was going to transfer out of NEB on April 12th. Burrow did not make a decision to transfer from tOSU to LSU until May 19th. So Frost STILL COULD and SHOULD have tried to get Burrow especially with even how much MORE thin our QB situation was and he had a month he could have gotten Burrow in the fold. Wow that makes his decision to pass on Burrow even that much more...ummm should I say dumb? Head Scratching?

And you had Vedral who NO ONE thought was going to be eligible to play as he was gonna have to sit out a year because of the transfer rules at the time. (And frankly he wasnt that good in the first place).

And you had Burrow who was a 4 star on 247's site and he had B10 game experience and was already used to the speed of the game. He was also smart cuz he had graduated early from TOSU.

There was literally NO downside to taking Burrow and seeing how it all played out If nothing else, he would have provided QB depth and been gone in two years. SO it would have been a win win regardless of how it transpired.

Taking Burrow was one of the easiest decisions ANY coach could have made at the time with virtually no downside at all and based on what our QB room looked like, his experience, and how long he had left before he was gone.

With that said, I am glad Burrow did what he did, cuz he is probably doesnt reach the same goals in his NFL career had he been at NU for two years instead of going to LSU.

So our final thought here: we had AM, who had not played in over a year cuz of an injury, Gebbia who was a pro style QB and 160lbs soaking wet, Vedral who was gonna have to sit out a year and couldnt play, AND the immortal Matt Masker. That was our QB room. That is what Scott Frost was looking at when he took a pass on Joe Burrow.

"Lucy, you have some esplaining to do".

Last edited:

Naw bs.

This is one of those combine 40 times that doesn't match game film. Wandale doesn't play at that level of speed on the field. We have all seen him get chased down from behind.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT