ADVERTISEMENT

UW targeting Fickell

I don't bitch & moan about the b1g's being historically a terrible conference that never wins anything

I laugh hysterically about it

Fickell's name has been #1 with a bullet every year for the last 3 when it comes to the coaching carousel. that did not change this year, and it's massively disappointing to me that trev was not able to sell what fat barry alverez was

I think we got our #1 target. Since Meyer nor Freeze were realistic.

Which is why Wisconsin and Fickell are negotiating now.

We will know once the dust settles on the total amount of the Fickell / Badger contract.

Reactions: headcard
Is he the same nut that didn’t think Burrow LSU team in 2019 was on of the beat team in college football after beating 5 ranked top 10 teams..

You mean the same LSU team that gave up 38 to Texas, 38 to Vanderbilt, 28 to Florida, 41 to Bama, 37 to Ole Miss, 28 to Oklahoma, and 25 to Clemson. Again, defense was garbage and many of those teams i mentioned would have sliced LSU apart....but yea, Joe Burrow.

UW has been crap the last 2 years and doesn’t have a QB. I can and will compare the 2 directly starting next year

We have as much talent as almost any program in this division.

Rhule can reasonably be expected to be responsible for Ws and Ls against the sorry ass west division and CU next year
Rhule's track record has been - garbage year 1, better year 2, excel year 3. Considering Nebraska has what - 6 straight losing seasons, I'm not expecting anyone to be a miracle worker in year 1.

Rhule's track record has been - garbage year 1, better year 2, excel year 3. Considering Nebraska has what - 6 straight losing seasons, I'm not expecting anyone to be a miracle worker in year 1.
NW - Minn - Wisc - Iowa - Ill - Purdue - Colorado - Mich St

It shouldn’t take a miracle to be 5-3 against those 8 next year and 2-0 against the nonpower 5 schools

NW - Minn - Wisc - Iowa - Ill - Purdue - Colorado - Mich St

It shouldn’t take a miracle to be 5-3 against those 8 next year and 2-0 against the nonpower 5 schools
It probably depends on how many players leave and what we can get in the portal. Same with the teams we play. But on paper as of now, we should be able to win at least 6 games.

You mean the same LSU team that gave up 38 to Texas, 38 to Vanderbilt, 28 to Florida, 41 to Bama, 37 to Ole Miss, 28 to Oklahoma, and 25 to Clemson. Again, defense was garbage and many of those teams i mentioned would have sliced LSU apart....but yea, Joe Burrow.
Again their offense could out score all of those teams…Games were out of hand and they didn’t worry about other teams scoring in the 4thQ…
not to mention Miami Fla in 2001 should have lost to Virginia Tech and skanked by Boston College 18-7.

They only beat one final top 10 team #8 Nebraska. LSU blew out #2 Clemson #7 Oklahoma in the playoffs and beat #4 Georgia, #6 Florida and #8 Alabama..

JL season-long audition didn’t go as well as they thought it would, and that was compounded by losing to a bitter rival to end the season. Hints of panic mode in Madison if this turns out to be true.

We should grab JL as defensive coordinator while he’s mad. On hiring fickle it just feels funny to offer a guy a big new contract right after he has lost at home.

I
Again their offense could out score all of those teams…Games were out of hand and they didn’t worry about other teams scoring in the 4thQ…
not to mention Miami Fla in 2001 should have lost to Virginia Tech and skanked by Boston College 18-7.

They only beat one final top 10 team #8 Nebraska. LSU blew out #2 Clemson #7 Oklahoma in the playoffs and beat #4 Georgia, #6 Florida and #8 Alabama..

LSU had to score 22 in the 4th quarter to beat Texas by 5.

Vandy scored 7 of their 38 in the 4th quarter.

Florida 0 their 28 in the 4th quarter.

LSU needed 13 in 4th quarter to beat Bama by 5.

Ole Miss 14 in 4th quarter

Oklahoma 7 in 4th quarter

Clemson 0 in 4th quarter.

Their defense sucked......

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Although it's not relevant, I did check the progress in terms of points scored for and points scored against at both Temple and Baylor.

2013 Temple (Year 1) Temple scored 24.9 ppg and allowed 30.9 ppg
2014 Temple (Year 2) Temple scored 21.3 ppg and allowed 16.2 ppg
2015 Temple (Year 3) Temple scored 29.8 ppg and allowed 20.0 ppg
2016 Temple (Year 4) Temple scored 32.4 ppg and allowed 18.4 ppg

2017 Baylor (Year 1) Baylor scored 24.3 ppg and allowed 36.0 ppg
2018 Baylor (Year 2) Baylor scored 29.6 ppg and allowed 31.7 ppg
2019 Baylor (Year 3) Baylor scored 33.7 ppg and allowed 19.8 ppg

At Temple, it took til Year 2 until a smaller ppg allowed was achieved.

At Baylor, it took til Year 3 until a smaller ppg allowed was achieved.

Except for Year 2 at Temple, Rhule's teams averaged more points each year than the previous year.

I know....it's all contingent on schedule, but a decent pattern emerged.

fwiw

Fickell's name has been #1 with a bullet every year for the last 3 when it comes to the coaching carousel. that did not change this year, and it's massively disappointing to me that trev was not able to sell what fat barry alverez was
I am sorry this is happening to you. You are also weirdly obsessed with Fickell. You have no idea if TA offered, spoke to our considered Fickell or if that did happen, that he passed the interview. None, not even a small clue. Just your summation and opinion.

What is your goal here? Are you done being fan? Gonna turn in your season ticket? Are you thinking you are going to turn back time, Cher, and convince TA to hire someone else? Are you trying to convince the rest of us of something? You aren’t doing a good job of it.

You will have to live with the Rhule hire and live with the fact that people disagree with you. Grow up and deal with it. It isn’t the end of the world.

Fickell would have been my preference over Rhule, but I'm still happy with Rhule.

What's killing me is the cost difference assuming the $6M figure is true. Rhule is definitely not worth $3M more a year than Fickell right now. Maybe down the road it will be justified and I hope it is, but man it looks like an overpay right now.

Reactions: king_kong_
I am sorry this is happening to you. You are also weirdly obsessed with Fickell. You have no idea if TA offered, spoke to our considered Fickell or if that did happen, that he passed the interview. None, not even a small clue. Just your summation and opinion.

What is your goal here? Are you done being fan? Gonna turn in your season ticket? Are you thinking you are going to turn back time, Cher, and convince TA to hire someone else? Are you trying to convince the rest of us of something? You aren’t doing a good job of it.

You will have to live with the Rhule hire and live with the fact that people disagree with you. Grow up and deal with it. It isn’t the end of the world.
whatever blockhead trev did, it wasn't enough

would be pretty unsurprising if he just assumed Fickell didn't want to leave cincy like most here & never even reached out

my goal here is to discuss Nebraska Football. I am not offended, nor am I a stranger to being disagreed with. it's a real shame my opinion (which is correct) has triggered so many here.

would be pretty unsurprising if he just assumed Fickell didn't want to leave cincy like most here & never even reached out

my goal here is to discuss Nebraska Football. I am not offended, nor am I a stranger to being disagreed with. it's a real shame my opinion (which is correct) has triggered so many here.
king, I don't get the digging-in-your-heels thing with Fickell. It's a done deal. We read every week, all year, about what a piss-poor conference the BIG is. We get it kong.

I've been bitching for 14 months now about Benhart and Duvall it hasn't done me a bit of good.

I personally could care less what they paid Rhule or how much they could have saved with Luke.
If it doesn't come out of my pocket, it doesn't require my approval. If Trev ****ed up, he will pay the price for it down the road.

Had Luke signed with NU, there's just as good, if not better, chance he will bolt for either OSU or ND at the first opportunity. My initial objection to Rhule was the idea that he seems to like to resurrect a program and then move on to another challenge. If he does that, we fans will get to play this same back-and-forth in a few years.

Personally, I've never been impressed with Luke Fickell. I think he's a really good man, and I know he's a really good football coach. Right now we fans have Rhule and time will tell if he is gonna be the one to begin the process of turning this program around. His history says YES.

Lmao you just are just looking foolish now. So triggered people don't agree with the continuing bitching. Freaking snowflake. We love laughing at you.

Apparently this needs to be explained to some, I'm a sunshine pumper most of the time and defender of NU. I think LF was the better choice and we over paid for Rhule, so what.

Time will tell if Trev got the right guy. I'm very interested in the staff he will bring in and what we will run on both sides. I'll be supportive as usual after I've vented a little.

king, I don't get the digging-in-your-heels thing with Fickell. It's a done deal. We read every week, all year, about what a piss-poor conference the BIG is. We get it kong.

I've been bitching for 14 months now about Benhart and Duvall it hasn't done me a bit of good.

I personally could care less what they paid Rhule or how much they could have saved with Luke.
If it doesn't come out of my pocket, it doesn't require my approval. If Trev ****ed up, he will pay the price for it down the road.

Had Luke signed with NU, there's just as good, if not better, chance he will bolt for either OSU or ND at the first opportunity. My initial objection to Rhule was the idea that he seems to like to resurrect a program and then move on to another challenge. If he does that, we fans will get to play this same back-and-forth in a few years.

Personally, I've never been impressed with Luke Fickell. I think he's a really good man, and I know he's a really good football coach. Right now we fans have Rhule and time will tell if he is gonna be the one to begin the process of turning this program around. His history says YES.
as you know, we degenerates watch an inordinate amount of our vice

just so happens these fellas have each been squarely in my wheelhouse for the bulk of their careers

my opinions are a direct reflection of my experience with each over the past 6 years

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
Apparently this needs to be explained to some, I'm a sunshine pumper most of the time and defender of NU. I think LF was the better choice and we over paid for Rhule, so what.

Time will tell if Trev got the right guy. I'm very interested in the staff he will bring in and what we will run on both sides. I'll be supportive as usual after I've vented a little.
exactly where I'm at

Lmao you just are just looking foolish now. So triggered people don't agree with the continuing bitching. Freaking snowflake. We love laughing at you.
I am sure you do.

you bring so much to this board!

you're welcome for constantly providing you the content you crave here. one of my biggest fans for a long, long time!

I am sure you do.

you bring so much to this board!

you're welcome for constantly providing you the content you crave here. one of my biggest fans for a long, long time!
Haha now just making stuff up. Getting even more comical. Love it

Another way to look at this is that both UW and NU wanted Rhule, and NU was willing to go longer and higher, thus winning a bidding war. Fickell was the consolation prize.

Of course, I have no way of knowing this and completely made that up. I am certain that Fickell was contacted about the NU job. Either he was not interested (certainly possible), or NU cooled on him (also possible).

The difference between contract length and dollars is definitely interesting.
OR
Trev got with Alvarez. Alvarez conned Trev and UW got the big prize for less money

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT