ADVERTISEMENT

USC/UCLA Official Members of the Big 10 in 2024!!

I hope b1g stays consistent on their entry rules. Money frozen at THEIR current TV revenue and won't receive full share until fully vested in year 7. My gut says the conference caved and tripped over their tongues to get usc and ucla.

HOPE I'm wrong
Sounds like the schools initiated the whole thing.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Some interesting scenarios.....if it is pods-- NU, Iowa, USC, UCLA is the most attractive

If they go to 20 teams NU is going West ALOT.

What happens to USC/Notre Dame?

Was Lincoln Riley told of this in advance?

Sure is going to help Baseball.

Volleyball is an even bigger beast.

I can't see Oregon being left out because of Nike, but there are bigger markets in Denver, Phoenix and San Fran if they go bigger

Stanford I don't think moves to B1G just like Kansas wasn't ever going to be considered.

I heard from a friend hearing KU to Big East and football joining UConn as an Independent. Fwiw

It's official tonight. I'm just extremely surprised that they were able to keep this under wraps and get it done without there being any rumors. The interesting thing is what (if anything) now happens with Notre Dame.

I am aware of that…see post #76 and #77 in this thread. Thread title was also changed about 2 hours ago.

jiFfM.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SOHusker11
They played 10 power 5 in the reg season - with an 11th in the conf championship game without a rest week

same for Michigan
And Nebraska played 10 P5 teams in the regular season also , the post I was answering was the OP said he wanted 1 non conference game only and that was against a P5 , which would make 12 P5.

And Nebraska played 10 P5 teams in the regular season also , the post I was answering was the OP said he wanted 1 non conference game only and that was against a P5 , which would make 12 P5.
I don't have a problem with that. Eventually, there will be an NCAA division of elites. 30 to 60 teams. They won't allow play outside of this division. I predicted an NFL Lite over ten years ago.

Reactions: BleedRed78
POD 1
USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington
Stanford

POD 2
Colorado
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin

POD 3
Northwestern
Illinois
Purdue
Michigan
Michigan St

POD 4
Indiana
Ohio State
Penn State
Maryland
Rutgers
Damn tough Pod for Nebraska. When’s the last time we beat any of those teams head to head?

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
Seriously, this is about the 20th post I have seen about Big Ten academics.

Why would the Big10 want either AZ school? Neither is up to Big10 academic standards. Phoenix as a city watches pro sports. AZ has good basketball teams (which evidence indicates they payed for). Tuscon is nuts for AZ basketball. Tuscon is not Phoenix.

Oregon isn't up to the Big10 academic standards either. They also were under scrutiny for paying players pre-NIL. Even with these two strikes, it would not surprise me if they got a Nebraska exception despite our seeing how well that one worked out. I wonder how much we would have to pay Nebraska to move back to the Big12. The improvements in brand and profits might be worth it.

One news report (Norlander?) said that June 30th was the last day that a team could leave the Pac12 without financial penalties. That makes this announcement timing very interesting if the Big10 really was after additional Pac12 schools. I would have expected the first few last week, so that the others could announce by today.

I’m consistently amazed that people think this is about whether a certain area is a pro or college town. LA is not a college sports Mecca. The Big 10 is going to make a shit ton of money having the LA market even though LA could give two shits normally about college sports.

I’m consistently amazed that people think this is about whether a certain area is a pro or college town. LA is not a college sports Mecca. The Big 10 is going to make a shit ton of money having the LA market even though LA could give two shits normally about college sports.
No kidding. I keep seeing "Phoenix is a pro town" or "Chicago is a pro town" that is not the issue. Because people in those markets still have games on!

Has it been said yet that Nebraska needs to start contributing a little something on the football field and basketball court, or else they might find themselves back in the corpse of the Big 12.

Hopefully our football team and mens basketball team can become something the women’s programs can be proud of….and something the Big Ten isn’t trying to dump.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
So now the B1G will have to make new schedule’s after the next season and get rid of these ridiculous rivalry games set up with the other division..

Also guaranteed the conference will stay playing 9 conference games and not 8..

So much for that alliance. The SEC, and B1G are sharks. Nebraska fans who have been wanting to go back to the old Big 8 are two decades behind the times. I hate this whole nonsense too, but people thought smart phones were dumb at one point too. Things change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. But change is constant.

The ACC better watch out, the SEC might see this and move onto Clemson, Miami, North Carolina, Florida State. Those are really the most attractive options left outside of the B1G/SEC.
I can see the SEC wanting UNC, South Carolina, Clemson and Florida State. I think Miami gets left out.

It is actually a massive win for Nebraska. Games in California will be a big plus in terms of recruiting and exposure. Getting into that California recruiting pool will be a difference maker.
It should help but how much? Right now, Nebraska isn't even recruiting California and Frost's classes so far are apparently so good that he brought in 15 transfers. If the best kids want to leave California, we will have to out recruit Georgia, Texas, Clemson, Notre Dame, etc. Maybe I'm pessimistic but I don't see this as a massive win unless we get a staff that takes advantage of it.

This move takes the B1G from a top 5 hoops conference to a top 4 hoops conference

Seriously, this is about the 20th post I have seen about Big Ten academics.

Why would the Big10 want either AZ school? Neither is up to Big10 academic standards. Phoenix as a city watches pro sports. AZ has good basketball teams (which evidence indicates they payed for). Tuscon is nuts for AZ basketball. Tuscon is not Phoenix.

Oregon isn't up to the Big10 academic standards either. They also were under scrutiny for paying players pre-NIL. Even with these two strikes, it would not surprise me if they got a Nebraska exception despite our seeing how well that one worked out. I wonder how much we would have to pay Nebraska to move back to the Big12. The improvements in brand and profits might be worth it.

One news report (Norlander?) said that June 30th was the last day that a team could leave the Pac12 without financial penalties. That makes this announcement timing very interesting if the Big10 really was after additional Pac12 schools. I would have expected the first few last week, so that the others could announce by today.
What is this "Nebraska exception " you talk of?

Nice try.Laughing
still a ways to go to catch the big east, acc, big 12 and sec

so, actually this move looks to have taken the B1G from a top 6 hoops conference to a top 5 hoops conference

my bad!

It should help but how much? Right now, Nebraska isn't even recruiting California and Frost's classes so far are apparently so good that he brought in 15 transfers. If the best kids want to leave California, we will have to out recruit Georgia, Texas, Clemson, Notre Dame, etc. Maybe I'm pessimistic but I don't see this as a massive win unless we get a staff that takes advantage of it.
That's not a Nebraska problem. That's a Scott Frost problem. If Riley can recruit Calibraska then so can the current HC at DONU. This may be Frost's last year, so it may not be his problem for long.

Reactions: Husker.Wed.
That's not a Nebraska problem. That's a Scott Frost problem. If Riley can recruit Calibraska then so can the current HC at DONU. This may be Frost's last year, so it may not be his problem for long.
How did those calabraska recruits work out?

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT