ADVERTISEMENT

USC transfer CB N! C. Wright

Crap, I was looking forward to a good ol' hair-pulling, panties on fire, nutz grabbin' panic.

Panic Attack GIF

I thought this was a done deal a day or 2 ago. Maybe that was just crystal ball predictions. Good get. Now we'll see if he plays football or just acts like it.
He is a grad transfer. They have to jump through more hoops than a normal undergraduate portal player. He had to get accepted into a grad program before he could officially announce something.

The USC fans I spoke to say he will be a starter but not an All American. At least contribute.meaningful snaps.
He's a replacement for Ethan Nation. Their ratings that I saw are pretty much identical if you use the updated Wright ranking. I would think that it will take him a while to get up to speed and in football playing shape. My guess is that he will need to rebuild his confidence after how last season went for him.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
He's a replacement for Ethan Nation. Their ratings that I saw are pretty much identical if you use the updated Wright ranking. I would think that it will take him a while to get up to speed and in football playing shape. My guess is that he will need to rebuild his confidence after how last season went for him.
He's certainly more then a replacement for Nation. Started almost a full season in the Pac 12 and has played in 16 games. Who knows how he will perform here, but getting an experienced P5 CB is a godsend. He's also 6' and legitimately ran track in Cali. Nation was more like 5'9" and had played in 7 games.

He's certainly more then a replacement for Nation. Started almost a full season in the Pac 12 and has played in 16 games. Who knows how he will perform here, but getting an experienced P5 CB is a godsend. He's also 6' and legitimately ran track in Cali. Nation was more like 5'9" and had played in 7 games.
You will have to excuse me if I am immune to transfer hype. The guy struggled mightily last season on a bad defense. Hasn't been on a team since last October. And there he sits, available in the portal in mid-June. Forgive me if I don't get too excited. But he does have the highest HS recruiting ranking of any transfer since that 5 star who robbed a vape shot in his underpants.

You will have to excuse me if I am immune to transfer hype. The guy struggled mightily last season on a bad defense. Hasn't been on a team since last October. And there he sits, available in the portal in mid-June. Forgive me if I don't get too excited. But he does have the highest HS recruiting ranking of any transfer since that 5 star who robbed a vape shot in his underpants.
You don't have to be excited but saying he's a replacement for a tiny corner who barely played isn't a correct statement. He's not undersized, and he actually has legit P5 experience. Exactly what the doctor ordered for a team with an open CB slot heading into July.

You don't have to be excited but saying he's a replacement for a tiny corner who barely played isn't a correct statement. He's not undersized, and he actually has legit P5 experience. Exactly what the doctor ordered for a team with an open CB slot heading into July.
100% this

10.84 100, 22.29 200 and probably split at least 50 in a 4x400. Serious speed for a corner.

Exactly. He's a CB replacing a CB who is leaving. I didn't say that he was a similar player.

Exactly. He's a CB replacing a CB who is leaving. I didn't say that he was a similar player.
You clearly compared the two.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT