ADVERTISEMENT

USC pounded Rutgers.

Most here thought they'd get dog walked today. They didn't. Every game in last quarter of the season is winnable.
I think we learned we can get blown out or lose close games against decent teams. OSU was never truly threatened. They ran the ball right down our throats when they needed it and then got two easy stops when they needed it. We once again shriveled under pressure at the end of the game. Close losses are poison because they give the impression we were close...naw, OSU was bored, unprepared, unmotivated and played with little focus. Even the crowd was meh and bored. They beat us when it mattered like literally every team has since 2016. All NU has to do to change my mind is win a close game against a good team...hopefully next week.

I think we learned we can get blown out or lose close games against decent teams. OSU was never truly threatened. They ran the ball right down our throats when they needed it and then got two easy stops when they needed it. We once again shriveled under pressure at the end of the game. Close losses are poison because they give the impression we were close...naw, OSU was bored, unprepared, unmotivated and played with little focus. Even the crowd was meh and bored. They beat us when it mattered like literally every team has since 2016. All NU has to do to change my mind is win a close game against a good team...hopefully next week.
What a dumbshit post.

I said if NU's offense is still in the toilet it will be a loss.
Our brand has been non-existent for 2 decades.
If the OSU game was in Lincoln today, the stands would likely be half empty by halftime.
You think people would have left a game down 5 against the #4 team in the country.

Okay.

But what did you think the record would be?
Other than earlier this year when I said I thought OSU would beat Oregon about 24-14, I don't think I've made a score prediction on ANY game in the last 2 years, I just don't predict scores and I don't trust this team ever enough to have made a prediction.

Would I have thought 6-6 would be a good record with all the returning starters and a 5* at QB? I would think with this schedule that would be a shit year.

Thinking back I would say I thought CU would be a toss up, I thought Rutgers could be a possible loss, Indiana was unknown and I assumed an OSU loss. So, maybe 6-2 at best and 5-3 but losing 56-7 would have been OSU not Indiana.

Coming down the stretch we can be anywhere from 0-4 to 1-3 and likely no better than 2-2. This team is unpredictable in that last week we were a -6.5 dog and got drilled by 49 and today we were a 25? point dog and lose by 4. So, predictability is not our strongest trait.

We've probably played 4 good to very good teams, CU, ILL, IND and OSU and are 1-3. We could very well have been 3-1 in those games. But, we're not.

Last edited:
Other than earlier this year when I said I thought OSU would beat Oregon about 24-14, I don't think I've made a score prediction on ANY game in the last 2 years, I just don't predict scores and I don't trust this team ever enough to have made a prediction.

Would I have thought 6-6 would be a good record with all the returning starters and a 5* at QB? I would think with this schedule that would be a shit year.

Thinking back I would say I thought CU would be a toss up, I thought Rutgers could be a possible loss, Indiana was unknown and I assumed an OSU loss. So, maybe 6-2 at best and 5-3 but losing 56-7 would have been OSU not Indiana.

Coming down the stretch we can be anywhere from 0-4 to 1-3 and likely no better than 2-2. This team is unpredictable in that last week we were a -6.5 dog and got drilled by 49 and today we were a 25? point dog and lose by 4. So, predictability is not our strongest trait.

We've probably played 4 good to very good teams, CU, ILL, IND and OSU and are 1-3. We could very well have been 3-1 in those games. But, we're not.
Other than CU, the combined record of the other 4 teams NU has beaten is a gaudy 8-23.....

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
It was 28-20 in the 3rd…
Only until USC completed their drive that followed RU’s score to make it the seemingly close one you decided to repeat. Fact is that for the majority of the game, USC had an arm’s length 2+ TD lead.

Doesn’t mean USC is an unbeatable juggernaut. Teams can score on them, but USC does have talent at the offensive skill positions and can be a dangerous team for any opponent that visits the Coliseum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT