ADVERTISEMENT

US Open coming right down to the end

Rory chokes on 18 and bogeys it.

Bryson needs to par but has to hit a good shot from the crap

On that second short miss by Rory, he didn't putt it where he lined up to. It was like he didn't really believe it would break that much on such a short putt, but it did.

Both those boys were putting a hurting on the drives. They were each always 30 yards up from their comp. Great showing on a nasty course. Only a handful of guys even finished under par

Reactions: GBRforLife1
This morning I looked at Rory +350 to win and Bryson basically even money....

I ended up taking Bryson. FINALLY I get a win

Reactions: king_kong_
Rory choking is the most obvious outcome. Anyone being honest with themselves saw it coming the whole way on the back 9.

On that second short miss by Rory, he didn't putt it where he lined up to. It was like he didn't really believe it would break that much on such a short putt, but it did.
Fail National Basketball Association GIF by Indiana Pacers

Holy shit was that a hot tournament. I went on Friday before I had to continue to move and it was a cooker! Pinehurst is such an awesome place and they were actually kind to these guys. They actually kept the greens in check when they could have let them be to the level of Shinnecock. Great win by Bryson!

Holy shit was that a hot tournament. I went on Friday before I had to continue to move and it was a cooker! Pinehurst is such an awesome place and they were actually kind to these guys. They actually kept the greens in check when they could have let them be to the level of Shinnecock. Great win by Bryson!
Pinehurst is awesome. I am going to Oakmont next years open . .

Hate LIV. They're a bunch of whiny babies that left, knew the consequences, and then cry about not being able to get OGWR points or play in majors. Will always root against all of their players.

• Haha
Reactions: IM4NUalways
Hate LIV. They're a bunch of whiny babies that left, knew the consequences, and then cry about not being able to get OGWR points or play in majors. Will always root against all of their players.
They all got paid. Who cares?

So, you would not take a job with another employer who was offering better working conditions, more time off and a ton more pay guaranteed? Ya right.

So, you would not take a job with another employer who was offering better working conditions, more time off and a ton more pay guaranteed? Ya right.
We just going to overlook where all that money they got paid came from? Those guys took their checks, but lost their integrity. Now they’re just stooges for the Saudi’s and their attempt to buy public favor despite their long history of human rights violations and straight up assassinating people. If LIV’s money wasn’t so dirty then I would agree with you, but….

We just going to overlook where all that money they got paid came from? Those guys took their checks, but lost their integrity. Now they’re just stooges for the Saudi’s and their attempt to buy public favor despite their long history of human rights violations and straight up assassinating people. If LIV’s money wasn’t so dirty then I would agree with you, but….
RBC - where the Saudis house every dollar - sponsors two PGA Tour events

the PGA has hosted and will continue to host events in Saudi

spare us all the sanctimonious bs. there are no clean hands.

Reactions: leodisflowers
RBC - where the Saudis house every dollar - sponsors two PGA Tour events

the PGA has hosted and will continue to host events in Saudi

spare us all the sanctimonious bs. there are no clean hands.
Completely different than taking the check to prop up their fully owned league.

• Haha

I hate the crying that these biatches do. They all knew what could happen if they took the money but now want the money and to cry about not getting ranking points or direct access to the majors. Get it, they knew it but still cry like biatches. The only one who is honest about this is Harold Varner. If I took the money and left a job to take a lesser job at a lesser company, I wouldn't cry that I should be able to also work at my current company. See, your argument is stupid. LIV is a recreational golf league played on resort courses in front of a few hundred patrons and a couple of thousand viewers on their phones with like four or five good golfers. Take the money all you want but then shut the hell up when you made the choice to go back to the rec leagues.

Completely different than taking the check to prop up their fully owned league.
I'd say it's worse

the PGA Tour doesn't need Saudi money to stay solvent, but it happily seeks it out year after year after year to boost corporate profits that don't wind up in players' pockets where it belongs

I think every country is guilty of that, sadly. Even our own

I'd say it's worse

the PGA Tour doesn't need Saudi money to stay solvent, but it happily seeks it out year after year after year to boost corporate profits that don't wind up in players' pockets where it belongs
That’s on the PGA. Not the individual players. If we want to lump the PGA in with the players taking the LIV money, fine. Have at it. But it doesn’t exonerate the guys taking LIV’s money. You don’t get a pass with whataboutism.

• Haha
That’s on the PGA. Not the individual players. If we want to lump the PGA in with the players taking the LIV money, fine. Have at it. But it doesn’t exonerate the guys taking LIV’s money. You don’t get a pass with whataboutism.
it's not whataboutism, it's the exact same thing

small thinkers expect individuals to act in a way that's morally superior to corporations, which, of course, are just a collection of individuals

there are no clean hands. none. you're just mad some players (rightfully) want the dirty Saudi money for themselves instead of continuing to line the pockets of the dipshits who run the money grubbing, in-bed-with-the-Saudis-since-the-1980s PGA Tour.

by the way - the new bonus structure for PGA players is directly funded by the Saudis. whoops!

Last edited:

small thinkers expect individuals to act in a way that's morally superior to corporations, which, of course, are just a collection of individuals

there are no clean hands. none. you're just mad some players (rightfully) want the dirty Saudi money for themselves instead of continuing to line the pockets of the dipshits who run the money grubbing, in-bed-with-the-Saudis-since-the-1980s PGA Tour.

by the way - the new bonus structure for PGA players is directly funded by the Saudis. whoops!
Are you sure about the funding coming from the Saudis? I know there was initially talk of that happening back in 2023...

What I have read recently....

A substantial portion of current PGA Tour members will be rewarded with equity in the new for-profit entity, according to a memo sent out in February by commissioner Jay Monahan and seen by Reuters.

PGA Tour Enterprises is majority owned by the Tour and bolstered by a $1.5 billion investment by Strategic Sports Group, a consortium of sports team owners, the memo said.

We’ll agree to disagree on this one. I am not defending the pga, just pga tour players. Individual tour players don’t make the decision of who gets to be a sponsor. LIV players made a decision to take Saudi money. That decision is the difference. If you see that as the same, so be it. You can’t control who your boss takes money from, but if you decide to go work directly for the dirty money; that’s on you.

I hate the crying that these biatches do. They all knew what could happen if they took the money but now want the money and to cry about not getting ranking points or direct access to the majors. Get it, they knew it but still cry like biatches. The only one who is honest about this is Harold Varner. If I took the money and left a job to take a lesser job at a lesser company, I wouldn't cry that I should be able to also work at my current company. See, your argument is stupid. LIV is a recreational golf league played on resort courses in front of a few hundred patrons and a couple of thousand viewers on their phones with like four or five good golfers. Take the money all you want but then shut the hell up when you made the choice to go back to the rec leagues.
Who is a crying bithch? RollingLaugh

Reactions: Walleye79
We’ll agree to disagree on this one. I am not defending the pga, just pga tour players. Individual tour players don’t make the decision of who gets to be a sponsor. LIV players made a decision to take Saudi money. That decision is the difference. If you see that as the same, so be it. You can’t control who your boss takes money from, but if you decide to go work directly for the dirty money; that’s on you.
you seem like a big "just following orders" guy, shine

Are you sure about the funding coming from the Saudis? I know there was initially talk of that happening back in 2023...

What I have read recently....

A substantial portion of current PGA Tour members will be rewarded with equity in the new for-profit entity, according to a memo sent out in February by commissioner Jay Monahan and seen by Reuters.

PGA Tour Enterprises is majority owned by the Tour and bolstered by a $1.5 billion investment by Strategic Sports Group, a consortium of sports team owners, the memo said.
it's probably just a coincidence the Saudi PIF was first in line to purchase Milan's minority stake from - you guessed it! - Strategic Sports Group's representative in the PGA deal talks

yea, definitely a coincidence

you seem like a big "just following orders" guy, shine
Not in the slightest. I just don’t give people a pass for being morally bankrupt. You can make a lot money and keep your integrity. But whatever. If that’s your take, I’m not losing any sleep over it.

Not in the slightest. I just don’t give people a pass for being morally bankrupt. You can make a lot money and keep your integrity. But whatever. If that’s your take, I’m not losing any sleep over it.
yes, you do.

You can’t control who your boss takes money from, but if you decide to go work directly for the dirty money; that’s on you.

that's a pass, bud. big one.

so long as the dirty money in your pocket touches 1 additional pair of hands, it's all good.

"just following orders"

it's probably just a coincidence the Saudi PIF was first in line to purchase Milan's minority stake from - you guessed it! - Strategic Sports Group's representative in the PGA deal talks

yea, definitely a coincidence
Here is the list of SSG members......I can find nothing that indicates the Saudis are part of SSG.

List of Strategic Sports Group members​

• John Henry (principal, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Steven Cohen (owner, chairman & CEO, New York Mets; chairman & CEO, Point72; owner, TGL New York)
  • Arthur Blank (co-founder, Home Depot; owner and chairman, AMB Sports and Entertainment)
  • Tom Werner (chairman, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Mike Gordon (president, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Sam Kennedy (CEO and president, Boston Red Sox; partner, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Andrew Cohen (chief investment officer and co-founder of Cohen Private Ventures; vice chairman, New York Mets)
  • Mark Attanasio (principal, Milwaukee Brewers and Norwich City; founder and managing partner, Crescent Capital Group)
  • Wyc Grousbeck (co-founder, Causeway Media Partners; lead owner, Boston Celtics)
  • Marc Lasry (CEO, Avenue Capital Group; owner, TGL San Francisco; former principal, Milwaukee Bucks)
  • Linda Henry (co-owner and CEO, Boston Globe Media; investor, WNBA and League One Volleyball; partner, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Alec Scheiner (co-founder and partner, Otro Capital)

yes, you do.

you literally said people don't have a say when their boss takes corrupt money.

that's a pass, bud. big one.

"just following orders"
You’re so desperate to start an argument it’s hilarious. I’m not biting. Have a good night.

You’re so desperate to start an argument it’s hilarious. I’m not biting. Have a good night.
I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy at the very foundation of your crusade.

there is no argument. just facts:

direct payment from corrupt organizations = moral bankruptcy
indirect payment from corrupt organizations = honorable moral high ground

Here is the list of SSG members......I can find nothing that indicates the Saudis are part of SSG.

List of Strategic Sports Group members​

• John Henry (principal, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Steven Cohen (owner, chairman & CEO, New York Mets; chairman & CEO, Point72; owner, TGL New York)
  • Arthur Blank (co-founder, Home Depot; owner and chairman, AMB Sports and Entertainment)
  • Tom Werner (chairman, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Mike Gordon (president, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Sam Kennedy (CEO and president, Boston Red Sox; partner, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Andrew Cohen (chief investment officer and co-founder of Cohen Private Ventures; vice chairman, New York Mets)
  • Mark Attanasio (principal, Milwaukee Brewers and Norwich City; founder and managing partner, Crescent Capital Group)
  • Wyc Grousbeck (co-founder, Causeway Media Partners; lead owner, Boston Celtics)
  • Marc Lasry (CEO, Avenue Capital Group; owner, TGL San Francisco; former principal, Milwaukee Bucks)
  • Linda Henry (co-owner and CEO, Boston Globe Media; investor, WNBA and League One Volleyball; partner, Fenway Sports Group)
  • Alec Scheiner (co-founder and partner, Otro Capital)
here you go:

Gerry Cardinale (SSG)​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT