ADVERTISEMENT

Unnoticed observation

shine003

Offensive Coordinator
Feb 25, 2005
Dylan looked great. GREAT. Especially for a true freshman. Normally, even in the best case scenario, coaches try to get their young players more reps early in the year. Today, we saw a true freshman qb sit for part of the 3rd and all the 4th quarter so that last years best qb could get some time. If that isn’t confidence from the coaches in Dylan then I don’t know what is. If Rhule is more concerned about protecting Dylan like he’s a veteran than he is with getting him game ready….let’s go. I’m all in on the Rhule aid.

I think Rhule just knows that as improved as HH is our ceiling is a lot higher with a healthy Raiola. Therefore when the game is no longer in doubt get em out of there. He will have plenty of time to get experience playing this schedule. His health is paramount if we planning on doing big things this year.

Holla

I think Rhule just knows that as improved as HH is our ceiling is a lot higher with a healthy Raiola. Therefore when the game is no longer in doubt get em out of there. He will have plenty of time to get experience playing this schedule. His health is paramount if we planning on doing big things this year.

Holla
Completely agree. I just think it’s an unusual situation for a coach to protect a true freshman from playing time as opposed to gaining him more experience. Not a knock on the staff, I just haven’t seen that much with years of watching football

Completely agree. I just think it’s an unusual situation for a coach to protect a true freshman from playing time as opposed to gaining him more experience. Not a knock on the staff, I just haven’t seen that much with years of watching football

I hear ya. I guess I just look at it as them understanding the assignment big picture wise. Is another series or two of experience worth getting the one guy you think you can win "big" with hurt?

Fwiw ..I know how much they say they can win with HH and DK etc. I wouldn't expect them to say anything less. But being blunt it's a huge step from DR to the others I think .

Holla

I hear ya. I guess I just look at it as them understanding the assignment big picture wise. Is another series or two of experience worth getting the one guy you think you can win "big" with hurt?

Fwiw ..I know how much they say they can win with HH and DK etc. I wouldn't expect them to say anything less. But being blunt it's a huge step from DR to the others I think .

Holla
Yep. And if you want to give your backup OL some reps, you don’t want your starting QB back there

Dylan looked great. GREAT. Especially for a true freshman. Normally, even in the best case scenario, coaches try to get their young players more reps early in the year. Today, we saw a true freshman qb sit for part of the 3rd and all the 4th quarter so that last years best qb could get some time. If that isn’t confidence from the coaches in Dylan then I don’t know what is. If Rhule is more concerned about protecting Dylan like he’s a veteran than he is with getting him game ready….let’s go. I’m all in on the Rhule aid.
Rhule is a coach who knows that getting kids on the field will energize them to continue to practice hard and develop. It was the same way in the Osborne and Solich era. And this is the way of truly developmental programs. So Rhule got four QBs into the game and everybody who suited up probably got into the game. Such a refreshing, common sense approach and a marked departure from the Pelini era of caring more about the final stats and playing his starters into the ground.

I loved how many guys played. If there was one thing missing the last few years is that clown Frost couldn’t win games and didn’t play the 2nd-4th string very much at all.
This will help us long term

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT