ADVERTISEMENT

UNL Athletics

You think it's bad today, UConn women are coming to town soon....
K-State was down 17 against UCONN after the first quarter. After that point, they held their own and played them to standoff the rest of the game. UCONN was in complete control the entire game but K-State wasn't intimidated by them after the initial moments of the game.

K-State was down 17 against UCONN after the first quarter. After that point, they held their own and played them to standoff the rest of the game. UCONN was in complete control the entire game but K-State wasn't intimidated by them after the initial moments of the game.

Creighton torched the lady huskers today...embarrassing. NU won't have a chance to be intimidated because they'll be beat as soon as the UCONN wheels touch down in Lincoln.

Creighton torched the lady huskers today...embarrassing. NU won't have a chance to be intimidated because they'll be beat as soon as the UCONN wheels touch down in Lincoln.

Geno is taking his team all around the country and beating most of the teams into the ground. Winking

Track and Field hasn't been too bad.
The Rifle Team is ranked #9 in the country. It's not really a sport to attract a fanbase, but I think that they could pull it off if they gave the audience a turn at the targets with their fancy rifles.

Geno's taking it easy on the lady huskers tonight....Lead nearly touched 30 points before the half. Effortless.

It's crazy to think all of the teams who have put together a special basketball or football season in the past 15 years. Just about every P5 program has, except Nebraska.

Special meaning a 11-2 BCS Bowl/top 10 finish or a 23-10-ish NCAA Berth basketball season.
What about and 19-13 NCAA berth basketball season? Does that count?

It's crazy to think all of the teams who have put together a special basketball or football season in the past 15 years. Just about every P5 program has, except Nebraska.

Special meaning a 11-2 BCS Bowl/top 10 finish or a 23-10-ish NCAA Berth basketball season.
You might want to rethink "just about all" and also the basketball equation as Nebraska basketball did have a pretty special season when they made the dance.

Not saying men's basketball and football have been stellar, especially based on the athletics budget, program etc. but please back up your claims with data vs "just about every".

With Football, I believe that I can see progress. Others may disagree, but i do. I'm also used to the fact that many casual college football fans refer to Nebraska as "that team was awesome back then." It is what it is, and I'm still going to cheer them on. What frustrates me more than anything is men's hoops and baseball. Goodness. How can we not figure it out there.

Reactions: SOHusker11
You might want to rethink "just about all" and also the basketball equation as Nebraska basketball did have a pretty special season when they made the dance.

Not saying men's basketball and football have been stellar, especially based on the athletics budget, program etc. but please back up your claims with data vs "just about every".

I would have to agree with Bill C2.0 on this one, lets take a look at this over the last 15 years. I would say a special season in football would be a BCS, Bowl or Conference Title, in basketball a conference title-regular season or conference tourney or a sweet 16 appearance. Fair enough?

Special Seasons:

SEC Football: Bama, Auburn, LSU Florida, Georgia Basketball: Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss St., Vandy, Tennessee, A&M, Missouri
Omissions S. Carolina, Arkansas

Big Ten Football: Ohio St., MSU, Wisconsin, Penn St., Michigan, Iowa Basketball: Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Maryland
Omissions: Neb., NW, Rutgers, Minnesota

ACC: Clemson, FSU, Va. Tech, Geogia Tech, Wake Basketball: Duke, UNC, Syracuse, NC State, Miami, BC, Virginia, Louisville, Pitt
Omissions: NONE

Big 12 Football: OU, Texas, OSU, KSU, TCU, Baylor Basketball: KU, ISU, WVU, Texas Tech
Omissions NONE

Pac 12 Football: Washington, Oregon, USC, Utah, Stanford *ASU 07 Share of title Basketball: UCLA, Arizona, Cal, Colorado, WSU
Omissions: Oregon State

So from what I can see in the last 15 year are so there are only about 7 teams in the powers 5 conference that don't have a "Special Season" in either football or basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT