ADVERTISEMENT

Unique situation w/a coaching change

ScotchFrost9697

Head Coach
Jan 1, 2013
Nebraska is in a unique situation compared to other schools regarding our coaching change. We've had a sustained success for the past 7 years of always winning 9 games, so the program is fairly stable. Bo definitely left some good talent on our roster particularly at DL and in the secondary. I also like our interior OL but often wonder why we cant pull in more top flight OT's.

To me, as long as the new coaching staff doesnt absolutely screw this up, we will have a smooth transition. I love the fact that we brought in a really damn good QB coach, something that has lacked here for...idk..forever? Its also encouraging to me that our staff is going to mesh their system with the talent thats here and tweak and adapt.

This hire was a shocker to me when it happened, the more you read and the more you hear Coach Riley talk, the more comfortable you (should) feel.
5-7 was alarming to me, but im not sure who would do much better there. If Gary Andersen wins more than 6 games a year and is there more than 2 years, color me shocked.

The staff that has been brought together is the game changer. Your best coach is almost never your Head coach. Looking at resumes its: NFL NFL College, put guys in NFL. Etc. 3 former defensive coordinators on staff, no my way or the highway guy giving orders and not taking suggestions, it makes me feel good.

Im not sure how long this run can last so enjoy it while its here, we have a great opportunity to win and win fast. We were already close, here's to taking the next step.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News