ADVERTISEMENT

Ugly Take on Satterfield

Probably the most disappointing thing to me this year was in response to all the turnover problems, which up front lost us games, was Purdy carrying it like he was against Iowa. I think twice he fumbled unmolested because he was carrying it in one hand, on the tip, like a baton in a track meet.
Woody Hayes would have run out on the field and cold cocked him in front of 80 thousand people.

harder schedule

same OC

same OL

same RBs

same WRs

same TEs

the people who think we're 1 player away from 10 wins are sorely mistaken
I couldn’t disagree more. Can’t tell me that if we didn’t have Cam Newton on our team last year we wouldn’t have scored an extra TD and won 10 games.

We are literally one insanely talented QB away from 10-2 last season. And quite possibly beating CU to go 11-1.

But I’ll just say 10-2.

I couldn’t disagree more. Can’t tell me that if we didn’t have Cam Newton on our team last year we wouldn’t have scored an extra TD and won 10 games.

We are literally one insanely talented QB away from 10-2 last season. And quite possibly beating CU to go 11-1.

But I’ll just say 10-2.
Can't forget the horrible kicking team woes, another area that needs huge improvement in a hurry.

Can't forget the horrible kicking team woes, another area that needs huge improvement in a hurry.
I don’t disagree at all. Lots to fix. But a good or bad QB makes or breaks a team. Period.

We had an insane amount of one score losses. For Kong to think that an insanely gifted, top tier college QB wouldn’t have gained us ONE extra TD in in each game we played is laughable.

A top tier QB is worth a TON of points, much less 7 or less.

Add a TD to every game we had this season and there are people in Nebraska right now buying Bowl trip packages to a warm destination through their travel agent.

I don’t disagree at all. Lots to fix. But a good or bad QB makes or breaks a team. Period.

We had an insane amount of one score losses. For Kong to think that an insanely gifted, top tier college QB wouldn’t have gained us ONE extra TD in in each game we played is laughable.

A top tier QB is worth a TON of points, much less 7 or less.

Add a TD to every game we had this season and there are people in Nebraska right now buying Bowl trip packages to a warm destination through their travel agent.
Be sure to let us know when Cam Newton 2.0 hits the portal, Bill

Until then, enjoy fantasyland

Reactions: Bruce1981
Great.

We need 5 more wins to get to 10, not 2.
Yeah this is where I am. I think a better QB probably gets NU to 8 wins, but there are other holes that need patching.

For those who keep pointing to Iowa's 10-2 record, do you really think adding Deacon Hill gets Nebraska to 10-2? The answer is no, because Iowa's defense was a level above NU's and their special teams were better by a wide margin.

Be sure to let us know when Cam Newton 2.0 hits the portal, Bill

Until then, enjoy fantasyland
There is a Cam Newton college level qb just about every year. And those are the $2M guys you were claiming would only net a half a win.

There is a Cam Newton college level qb just about every year. And those are the $2M guys you were claiming would only net a half a win.
Who was that this year? Maybe you could say Sam Hartman who went to Notre Dame..Who else was as good as Cam Newton?. Pretty slim..

last year it was Nix and Penix..

I think Alvano will be fine. Would have nice to get him a few more attempts. He hit a 55 yarder so leg isnt an issue. 100% on PAT's is a good sign. That wasn't always a given around here.

The Koch kid coming next year should be a godsend. Very slim chance he's not awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT