ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA HC Chip Kelly

BigRedPimp

All-American
Sep 5, 2006
Chip is taking some heat from father of current freshman QB. Said Chip’s Oregon success was a fluke and due to other play callers. Old Oregon staff of Kelly, Frost, and Taggart have started 2018 1-7…. Ouch

Chip got exposed in the NFL once teams figured out he doesn't really have much creativity to his play calling. There was a hot little run for a minute at Oregon but I'll actually be surprised if he can do it again at UCLA. He seems like he's been more eccentric than eccentric genius the last few years.

Which head coach would you rather be right now?

Chip Kelly at UCLA 6 mill a year
Willie Taggart at Florida State 5 mill a year
Scott Frost at Nebraska 5 mill a year

Chip Kelly....... It's an extra million!!! :) :)

Chip is taking some heat from father of current freshman QB. Said Chip’s Oregon success was a fluke and due to other play callers. Old Oregon staff of Kelly, Frost, and Taggart have started 2018 1-7…. Ouch
Taggart wasn’t at Oregon with Frost and Kelly.

Taggart to FSU was a real head scratcher to me.

Frost hands down. IMO he has the highest ceiling.

If you look at the numbers beyond the final scores, you can really see the potential that Frost and his staff bring to the table. I think I read in Hail Varsity that last year we were 109th in rush defense. This year so far we’re 20th and 14th if you guage by yards per carry. Also 3rd in the BIG in offensive rushing yards and that’s having only played 2 games where every other BIG team has played 3. The underlying production numbers are satisfactory especially considering year one. It’s the penalties, turnovers and mental errors (primarily on Special Teams) that have been our downfall. Get some things cleaned up and this is going to take off in a big way.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Chip got exposed in the NFL once teams figured out he doesn't really have much creativity to his play calling. There was a hot little run for a minute at Oregon but I'll actually be surprised if he can do it again at UCLA. He seems like he's been more eccentric than eccentric genius the last few years.

46-7 is more than a good run. He tore it up as OC for New Hampshire for a long time as well.

Why send his kid to UCLA then? Parents have to sign the LOI too.

Chip Kelly....... It's an extra million!!! :) :)
In Hollywood, California 6 million a year after taxes buys you a nice two bedroom townhouse. In Lincoln, Nebraska 5 million a year and you can own a 300 acre estate if you wish.

Right about now I bet Frost would rather have the Dad that criticizes him instead of the Dad that takes his kid and goes to the Beavers. Seems like in coaching anymore you're either a can't fail genius or a moron with no clue. There's not much patience. I think all three are good coaches who will probably win more than they lose at all three schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT