ADVERTISEMENT

UCF held up the Vedral appeal

You guys are hilarious to me. You do realize that Frost recruiting UCF players, paid for by UCF dollars to develop, House , etc is a questionable move to begin with right? It’s the very same reason Frost has blocked others.
And it is well know that Frost is still toying with UCF players to fix the Nebraska dumpster fire. I for one will be raising this via email to NCAA as he continues to tamper on multiple fronts

You guys are hilarious to me. You do realize that Frost recruiting UCF players, paid for by UCF dollars to develop, House , etc is a questionable move to begin with right? It’s the very same reason Frost has blocked others.
And it is well know that Frost is still toying with UCF players to fix the Nebraska dumpster fire. I for one will be raising this via email to NCAA as he continues to tamper on multiple fronts
What are you talking about? Who is Frost still cording at UCF? Vedral came home. It wasn’t Frost recruiting Vedral to come home. He wanted to come home. He wanted to go to Nebraska initially but didn’t get a scholarship offer from Riley. Quit being dense. Unless you have evidence, got off this board. You bring nothing of value to this board except your ability to troll.

What are you talking about? Who is Frost still cording at UCF? Vedral came home. It wasn’t Frost recruiting Vedral to come home. He wanted to come home. He wanted to go to Nebraska initially but didn’t get a scholarship offer from Riley. Quit being dense. Unless you have evidence, got off this board. You bring nothing of value to this board except your ability to troll.
Jealousy.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
what I don't get is how is he immediately eligible? Even if UCF didn't block his transfer, that only applies to whether Nebraska can give him a scholarship or he has to walk on for this year. All transfers (aside from graduate transfers) must sit out a year after transferring to the new school. How did Nebraska get him eligible?

Not that it matters because Martinez is a much better QB and Nebraska problem is defense not QB...im just really curious how he got eligible.

For those that couldn't read it (subscriber access) -

UCF didn't process some paperwork very quickly, as quickly as they could, or as quickly as members of the nebraska staff expected.

Prior to that UCF did not clear Vedral to transfer to UCF - kind of like the restrictions Nebraska just slapped on a bunch of kids. Vedral's decision to walkon was a loop hole for Vedral and Nebraska to not care if UCF released him or not.

Nebraska spent money on a private flight to fly a back up QB to Evanston, and put a kid making a dream trip (another back up QB) on a flight back home. Personal opinion of me injected - This bit of news from an organizational development perspective, is a curious from a 'culture building' perspective

The slant is ' those meanies from florida' delayed and hurt Nebraska.

Back to my opinion or desire - I think Nebraska should kind of keep their lips sealed on tampering insinuation's levied in the past several weeks. I think Frost actually has, or did so in recent comments. However, the local media machine is spinning, the optics are not good, and it reeks of hypocrisy.
This guy agrees.

http://www.1080thefan.com/media/audio-channel/scott-frosts-hypocrisy

what I don't get is how is he immediately eligible? Even if UCF didn't block his transfer, that only applies to whether Nebraska can give him a scholarship or he has to walk on for this year. All transfers (aside from graduate transfers) must sit out a year after transferring to the new school. How did Nebraska get him eligible?

Not that it matters because Martinez is a much better QB and Nebraska problem is defense not QB...im just really curious how he got eligible.
I agree.

Give me a break, you are seriously unstable.

The last time Nebraska got a BS waiver due to “extenuating circumstances” to get a “better fit” QB immediately eligible was......(checks notes)

Tanner Lee

The last time Nebraska got a BS waiver due to “extenuating circumstances” to get a “better fit” QB immediately eligible was......(checks notes)

Tanner Lee
(Tuco checks notes)

You realize Lee sat out as a redshirt in 2016 right?

edit - I think you are confusing the issue, he was granted an additional year of eligibility, that he didn't use.

Last edited:

Oh geez...

Wondering how it reeks of hypocrisy when Frost hasn’t complained much about it... he said there was an issue that held it up but then said that was all he was gonna say about it.

The media, on the other hand, dug up the story, right? Or am I missing something?
I do think Frosty has had a few chippy comments, but I meant the media.

They act as a mouthpiece in an over reaching way sometimes, even though not designated a mouthpiece by the program.

Reactions: timnsun
This is a textbook example of local media gaslighting a frustrated fanbase's anger in another direction with new scapegoat or distraction.

fyi Vedral is not very good anyway. UCF's backup Mack was beating him out last year in practice but Frost preferred to redshirt him.

This is a textbook example of local media gaslighting a frustrated fanbase's anger in another direction with new scapegoat or distraction.

fyi Vedral is not very good anyway. UCF's backup Mack was beating him out last year in practice but Frost preferred to redshirt him.
And? Are you under the impression that Husker fans think Vedral will leap Martinez?

I do think Frosty has had a few chippy comments, but I meant the media.

They act as a mouthpiece in an over reaching way sometimes, even though not designated a mouthpiece by the program.

But if he doesn't make chippy comments, then the media probably moves on. He is making the chippy comments so the media gets his side of the story out without having any blood on his hands.

Reactions: cecilB
Shock jock from Oregon, no less… If anybody is upset with Frost they are either going to be from Florida or Oregon.
or people from Oregon and Florida can be more objective of the good & bad of Scott Frost bc there is not an emotional 'Nebraska Man' attachment.

Mario Cristobal is doing well and has a Top 5 recruiting class, I think Oregon fans are fine.

Reactions: cornholio555

Frost still contacts current UCF players.

or people from Oregon and Florida can be more objective of the good & bad of Scott Frost bc there is not an emotional 'Nebraska Man' attachment.

Mario Cristobal is doing well and has a Top 5 recruiting class, I think Oregon fans are fine.

There is still a level of jilted lover in both states.

I'm sure you can understand why UCF fans would be concerned.

It's been confirmed Frost has directly called up UCF player's during the season, and now he mysteriously get's players immediately eligible.

I'm sure you can understand why UCF fans would be concerned.

It's been confirmed Frost has directly called up UCF player's during the season, and now he mysteriously get's players immediately eligible.
Frost called Milton and wished him a happy b day. Do you think Frost is actively recruiting Milton? The hate from UCF fans for the Nebraska staff is quite hilarious considering you guys would essentially be FAU if it was not for them.

Vedral’s uncle is The Turmanator. We’d be 6-0 with The Turmanator. Not sure about the nephew though.

Again....and? The only thing I would expect out of UCF fans is butthurt as it’s been an endless amount of butthurt from you all since last October after you promised Frost would not be interested.
And? What more do I have to spell out for you?

Are you going to say theres no players currently on UCF that Nebraska wouldn't mind having? Or that Frost absolutely has the best intentions for his former school?

The issue isn’t Oregon, it’s oregon state. 3 of our players have left for Oregon state. Frost says no more.

But carry on.

Are you going to say theres no players currently on UCF that Nebraska wouldn't mind having? Or that Frost absolutely has the best intentions for his former school?
Are you saying Frost is recruiting Killins? That’s a pretty heavy accusation. You have evidence for this, I assume? Would love to see it.

Are you saying Frost is recruiting Killins? That’s a pretty heavy accusation. You have evidence for this, I assume? Would love to see it.
Bingo. If Frost is actively recruiting UCF player I’m sure the All-World UCF AD has contacted the NCAA. Can’t wait to find out what happens.

Dude, if you're going there, you need to know the entire laundry list:
  1. Nebraska uses a special scholarship program that allows us 93 extra scholarships beyond the NCAA limit. (But please don't add this to your letter to the NCAA. We're trying to keep it a secret.)
  2. Nebraska's sellout streak really isn't a sellout streak because the tickets are purchased in bunches by local businesses, and just because all the tickets are sold doesn't make it a sellout, right? (Google "Sellout" if you're unclear what that is.)
  3. We built our entire program in the 1960s through the 1990s on barely literate troglodytes who couldn't possible have been admitted into any other school. (Don't Google "Kevin Ross Creighton," whatever you do.)
  4. Outside of Nebraska and Oklahoma, the Big 8 from 1958-1995 was the equivalent of the MAC or today's Conference USA.
  5. Steroids. Back in the 1980s, they weren't against NCAA policy, but Nebraska was the only school that used them to back in the day.
  6. Eric Crouch ate a ham sandwich. AND HE DIDN'T PAY FOR IT!!
  7. Scott Frost is an arrogant prick who is currently recruiting off the roster of UCF.
Let me know if I've left off any of our other scandals.

These are all very witty and funny, but everyone on here knows this is whats done (not that its right). Roles being reversed NU would do the same or file tampering charges...

It's much to do about nothing, let's all just move forward...

Except no coach in their right mind intentionally and purposefully leaves the job as Head Coach of Nebraska to become Head Coach at UCF

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
Dude, if you're going there, you need to know the entire laundry list:
  1. Nebraska uses a special scholarship program that allows us 93 extra scholarships beyond the NCAA limit. (But please don't add this to your letter to the NCAA. We're trying to keep it a secret.)
  2. Nebraska's sellout streak really isn't a sellout streak because the tickets are purchased in bunches by local businesses, and just because all the tickets are sold doesn't make it a sellout, right? (Google "Sellout" if you're unclear what that is.)
  3. We built our entire program in the 1960s through the 1990s on barely literate troglodytes who couldn't possible have been admitted into any other school. (Don't Google "Kevin Ross Creighton," whatever you do.)
  4. Outside of Nebraska and Oklahoma, the Big 8 from 1958-1995 was the equivalent of the MAC or today's Conference USA.
  5. Steroids. Back in the 1980s, they weren't against NCAA policy, but Nebraska was the only school that used them to back in the day.
  6. Eric Crouch ate a ham sandwich. AND HE DIDN'T PAY FOR IT!!
  7. Scott Frost is an arrogant prick who is currently recruiting off the roster of UCF.
Let me know if I've left off any of our other scandals.
Really only going there because I am curious how Frost was able to get a player eligible immediately, when he was not able to do the same for a player last year, who had well documented family health problems , not to mentioned had already redshirted the year prior.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...ker-boudreaux-ncaa-waiver-20170927-story.html

Reactions: timnsun and 9and4
Really only going there because I am curious how Frost was able to get a player eligible immediately, when he was not able to do the same for a player last year, who had well documented family health problems , not to mentioned had already redshirted the year prior.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...ker-boudreaux-ncaa-waiver-20170927-story.html
I wouldn't worry too much about Frost poaching players from UCF. I mean, who'd want to leave the wonderland that is the Greater Kissimmee Metro Area for a cornfield? (That's what I've learned so far from UCF posters. Never mind that I left Florida 28 years ago and haven't missed it a single day since leaving.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT