ADVERTISEMENT

Typical Miles product

Looks like 0-1 against teams with a pulse this year.

This team continues to be bad from 3 point range. As I type this, 5-20 tonight.

I worked the Creighton-Ohio State game. Ohio State shot 47% from 3 and the game was up for grabs until under 2 minutes left. CU shot 36% and it seemed worse than that. I was pretty confident that Miles would finally break through against CU this year, but as more games are played my confidence level has dropped.
what as a ballboy, the ref, the scorekeeper, security guard, what was your position.

You can’t accuse fans of calling for his job and forget that the AD through his words and actions expects results this year.
I have no problem with high expectations and believe that he has to have a great year this year. But let’s let the year finish out before crucifying him. I think the team started to think they were Duke after their undefeated start. This loss may actually help them down the road.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I have no problem with high expectations and believe that he has to have a great year this year. But let’s let the year finish out before crucifying him. I think the team started to think they were Duke after their undefeated start. This loss may actually help them down the road.
Hope you are right. Just looked like we did last year. Went away from what was working. I know Miles wants them to shoot more 3s. But the coaches must not have been using "shottracker" last night. You can't drive a square peg into a round hole.

A win last night would have gone a long way to making me believe we've turned the corner. Right now I don't see it.

Haven't given up hope but I am not racing to the gas station to fill up the fuel tank on the bandwagon just yet.

Reactions: chicolby

this is my thinking on the team. They have the chance to be pretty good, but Texas Tech is a team with some depth and athleticism and the coach has shown he can put together rosters and teams.

Let it play out and see where they get this season. If Moos has to make a move, he'll do it

Get use to this. Nebraska has no inside game. Roby is not involved at either end of the court. He trails his man on D, hesitant on O. Force this Husker team outside and smother them, they cant handle a one-on-one game. No rebounding and we don't get enough of the 50-50 balls. D can be good at times and then completely falls apart at others. Lack of consistency that has plagued Miles teams his entire time here.

Can you imagine how terrible this team will be next year? Our bench is thin and they are not getting any time. Those that hoped for that first tourney win may be disappointed. May......

Reactions: huskerfan66
The alarming thing about last night is that Nebraska has about 20 games left against teams with comparable or better talent than TTech. And, aside from Patrick Mahomes, pretty much everyone else in the arena was a Nebraska fan.

Nebraska missed the tournament last year because they did not have enough quality wins. A great chance to get one was last night - and they got run out of the gym.

Quality win count sits at 0.

Losing Palmer to foul trouble early in both halves really affected the game. He's in the game we build an early 8 point lead. This team needs Palmer in the game.

What's weird is it seems like many fans WANT to lose just so they can jump on the message boards to bitch, whine, and cry about it. Pathetic.

4-1. Its early. This is a pretty talented group. How about we wait a bit and see before being a bunch of crybaby bitches?

Reactions: scarletred
What's are the odds Timmy chocks again vs creighton?
Rock Chalk/Chock? ohhh. Choke... Got it.
giphy.gif

I think we Husker fans are guilty of not paying attention to basketball. Texas Tech was an Elite 8 team last year, and their coach was the Big 12 COY.
This isn’t the same Tech team from last year. They lost quite a bit. Still a very good team and good coach though.

The computer metrics had this as a slight win for Nebraska. Losing should not surprise anyone. But the way we looked...especially on offense was par for the course. Even the commentators were a bit baffled.

We seem to want just take jump shots this year. That will work some nights if we are on. But it’s not going to win many games against good teams I’m afraid.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
What's are the odds Timmy chocks again vs creighton?

is a random chance game to me. NU has more experience, but CU has talent. If they start or play their Frosh PG for 30+ minutes, CU might win. he makes them much better, IMO

They say a well coached, bought in team is a reflection of their coach. I am afraid you dont want a team that reflects Mr. Miles. He also doesnt lean too far toward recruiter or developer and doesnt seem to have a grasp on consistently retooling his offensive game plan to be able to produce against certain looks and styles that repeatedly cripple his teams. I will say, I love our players and I have no bad feelings toward Riley as a man, I mean Miles...

Last edited:
Miles is soft and I'm ready for him to go.
Reminds me a lot of Riley. He has been about a .500 coach his whole career, with a few good years sprinkled in here at there. Yet we thought he would come here and he would change. I have been saying the last 3 years miles isn't going to get it done here. If he can't get to the dance with this team, he never will.

1) I know we were only down 6 at the half, but when Palmer sat down with foul trouble in the first half, it really changed the flow of the game.
2) Seemed like Copeland missed a ton of free throws.
3) Roby needs to quit lollygagging around out there and start playing with some passion for crying out loud!

Reactions: scarletred
This is not the same Texas Tech team.... #13 Mooney is a transfer, #11 Owens is a transfer, #23 Culvet is a Sophomore. They lost almost everyone from the Elite eight team of last year.... I’m not ready to fire miles yet I’m just stating that this is a much different team than last years tech team. Who knows how tech ends up but I doubt it’s elite eight material

Sure, I'm just saying that they have a great coach and certainly have some good talent on their team. I'm still not sold on Miles, but we got beat by a good team last night.

Sure, I'm just saying that they have a great coach and certainly have some good talent on their team. I'm still not sold on Miles, but we got beat by a good team last night.
Hoosker.... I absolutely agree with you! That is a good Texas Tech team. Very strong defensively no doubt. They may surprise people this year. As others have said, just because they are picked 7th doesn’t mean anything. A good team that deserved to win last night.

The alarming thing about last night is that Nebraska has about 20 games left against teams with comparable or better talent than TTech. And, aside from Patrick Mahomes, pretty much everyone else in the arena was a Nebraska fan.

Nebraska missed the tournament last year because they did not have enough quality wins. A great chance to get one was last night - and they got run out of the gym.

Quality win count sits at 0.
The B1G this year, unlike last year is loaded with quality opponents. If Nebraska doesn’t make the dance this year, it won’t be because they lost to Texas Tech.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
I have said for a couple years now....Tim Miles is a GREAT interview....his coaching is questionable at best.

One of the supposed strong points when he was hired was his recruiting.....looking back that makes me laugh.

No matter how fans feel....he will not get fired this year....he didn't get a multi-year contract extension ....which as everyone knows is usually a prerequisite for a Nebraska coach before getting fired.

From what I've seen so far this year, we might only be the 10th best team in the league. Mich, MSU, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, Minnesota, and Maryland have all looked more impressive so far.

This season feels like Deja Vu of the 2014-15 season, when we had a veteran team and lots of preseason hype, the proceeded to finish 12th in the Big Ten.

I hope it helps them. We saw last year that Nebraska can’t pad it’s resume with double digit conference creampuff wins and punch their ticket, without beating someone in the non-con. They have to get some wins against good teams on the road and on neutral courts. I don’t think Seton Hall will be a real big resume game by the end of the year. Texas Tech??? We will see if it was a lost opportunity at the end of the year.

I hope it helps them. We saw last year that Nebraska can’t pad it’s resume with double digit conference creampuff wins and punch their ticket, without beating someone in the non-con. They have to get some wins against good teams on the road and on neutral courts. I don’t think Seton Hall will be a real big resume game by the end of the year. Texas Tech??? We will see if it was a lost opportunity at the end of the year.
The B1G is an entirely different conference this year. It will go from getting 4 teams in last year to more like 8 or 9 this season. Conference wins will not be creampuff wins.

At the end of the year, it will be clear if Miles should stay or go. I’m comfortable with Moos making that call. But in the meantime I’m going to cheer for a record season.

Reactions: dinglefritz
The B1G is an entirely different conference this year. It will go from getting 4 teams in last year to more like 8 or 9 this season. Conference wins will not be creampuff wins.

At the end of the year, it will be clear if Miles should stay or go. I’m comfortable with Moos making that call. But in the meantime I’m going to cheer for a record season.

Waaaaaay too early in the year to proclaim this is going to be a different year for the BIG.

My cream puff comment was in regards to how our oh so impressive win total last year was against way to many teams that didn't have good seasons.

Waaaaaay too early in the year to proclaim this is going to be a different year for the BIG.

My cream puff comment was in regards to how our oh so impressive win total last year was against way to many teams that didn't have good seasons.
May be waaaaayy too early to make this claim but I’ll happily wager that the conference gets 6 or more teams in the dance this season. I’ll even go so far as to bet that Nebraska will be one of them.

Almost any team with a basketball pulse is 4-1 at this point, due to scheduling. Our big win against Seton Hall is against a team which is now 1-2 after they lost again to St.L.U. We lost badly to Tech. Time will tell I guess.

This is not the same Texas Tech team.... #13 Mooney is a transfer, #11 Owens is a transfer, #23 Culvet is a Sophomore. They lost almost everyone from the Elite eight team of last year.... I’m not ready to fire miles yet I’m just stating that this is a much different team than last years tech team. Who knows how tech ends up but I doubt it’s elite eight material

More like final four material

More like final four material
I’ll eat crow here.... didn’t see that team being that good, but my goodness they play amazing defense. They have held all 4 of their tournament teams to 19 point or more under their scoring average! That’s incredible.... As for my previous post, I hate to see Miles go goes he’s a great guy but couldn’t be more excited to have Hoiberg at the helm now

Yep. I underestimated t tech. I guess that loss was legit and we were definitely overrated. I believe we were favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT