ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday, May 9th Nebraska vs Creighton Game 1&2 (Huskers lose Game One 6-5 and win Game Two 7-4)

Weather delay. Kinda doubt they can restart this game. Bottom of the 7th, 4-4 tie, we've got the bases loaded with no outs. Sure. Of course. Bummer.

So if, like the TV crew says will, happen, the game is resumed on May 9 in Omaha, does it count as a road game for RPI purposes? Not that RPI really matters anymore…

Reactions: k9_r
So if, like the TV crew says will, happen, the game is resumed on May 9 in Omaha, does it count as a road game for RPI purposes? Not that RPI really matters anymore…
Yeah I’m confused on that. It does appear none of the stats will count until that game is completed. So Brice is back to 13 HR’s and that HR will go in affect when the game ends in 5/9. Very odd. Haha

Bump as this is today's double header game thread for tonight! Game one is tied 4-4 with bases loaded in the bottom of the 7th and Nebraska up to bat.

Reactions: saluno22
Yep. Turning this game off already. Haha I’ll check for the final score in 30 minutes and hope I missed a comeback.

Now 1-4 against instate teams. Seriously, with the bases loaded and nobody out in the bottom of the 7th, where would the analytics have put our odds of winning? 85%?

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Now 1-4 against instate teams. Seriously, with the bases loaded and nobody out in the bottom of the 7th, where would the analytics have put our odds of winning? 85%?
I think you are right. Caron hits into a double play and then gives up an error the top of the 8th. Talk about being the weakest link in that moment. I hope they play Columbus in the 2nd game to make a point.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
There has to be a fairly significant shake up coming in the off-season right?

Wishful thinking.

I don’t follow along like I use to. I’ll catch most games on the radio or live stats if I can but can’t tell you about recruits or younger players….so I could be wrong. Who would go? Harvell go back down South? I don’t see Bolt willing to let go of Christy.

• Sad
Wishful thinking.

I don’t follow along like I use to. I’ll catch most games on the radio or live stats if I can but can’t tell you about recruits or younger players….so I could be wrong. Who would go? Harvell go back down South? I don’t see Bolt willing to let go of Christy.
I read a comment elsewhere someone stated as near-fact that Bolt would just swap in Childress for Christy, but I figure they were talking out of their ass.

Caron's error likely doesn't happen if Bolt and Christy don't leave Schanaman out there on 2-3 day's rest after throwing almost 100 pitches. Beaning a batter and getting rocked for extra bases was hardly impossible to see coming.

Then again, these games are also meaningless since the at-large bid is long gone.

I read a comment elsewhere someone stated as near-fact that Bolt would just swap in Childress for Christy, but I figure they were talking out of their ass.

Caron's error likely doesn't happen if Bolt and Christy don't leave Schanaman out there on 2-3 day's rest after throwing almost 100 pitches. Beaning a batter and getting rocked for extra bases was hardly impossible to see coming.

Then again, these games are also meaningless since the at-large bid is long gone.

The question would be…does Childress even want the job? I get the feeling he’s on retirement mode. With his current position he can still be around baseball and still go hunting whenever he wants.

Reactions: saluno22

One great point you make is these games are technically meaningless. They still piss me off but in the end the weekend series is much more important as we are tourney champs or bust on a regional bud anyway.

The question would be…does Childress even want the job? I get the feeling he’s on retirement mode. With his current position he can still be around baseball and still go hunting whenever he wants.
Sounds like he has some interest to get back into coaching again but possibly even head coaching again.

One great point you make is these games are technically meaningless. They still piss me off but in the end the weekend series is much more important as we are tourney champs or bust on a regional bud anyway.
Not meaningless when it comes to confidence and momentum. Losing games to Big East and Summit League teams is bad no matter how you slice it.

Not meaningless when it comes to confidence and momentum. Losing games to Big East and Summit League teams is bad no matter how you slice it.
I think the time has passed for that myself for midweek games so the best bet is we get on a tear against Penn State and Purdue. Even if we win tonight.

Reactions: scarletred
The announcer called it a triple play the hard way which was clever and made sense. But officially it was scored a DP (safe at 1st by FC) ending with an unscored throwing error. Two outs. That was one play.

Second play scored the runner out attempting to advance on the (unscored) throwing error.

Two plays, three outs. No triple play. <---- scroll down

Reactions: HuskersNC
The announcer called it a triple play the hard way which was clever and made sense. But officially it was scored a DP (safe at 1st by FC) ending with an unscored throwing error. Two outs. That was one play.

Second play scored the runner out attempting to advance on the (unscored) throwing error.

Two plays, three outs. No triple play. <---- scroll down
It was three outs recorded after the ball was put in play and before the ball was returned to the pitcher or time was called, so I’m going to consider it a triple play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT