ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday, March 14th Nebraska vs Omaha (Huskers lose 10-6)

After 7:

UNO 8
UNL 6

A lethargic performance. 3 errors. Shay Schanaman was used on a Tuesday and gave up 3 runs. Yuck.

B8

Huskers load the bases with nobody out and the 2-3-4 hitters all strike out.
Yeah that was a bummer. Hard to not blame the pitching and fielding tonight. I assume we had Garza on a pitch count otherwise I don’t know why we didn’t pitch him longer than we did. We can’t assume these midweek games are just games to get other guys work. Our RPI will tank with these kinds of losses.

Also, I don’t want to see Walsh at 1st base if possible. All three of the balls he missed he should have had and he doesn’t bring much to the team with his bat right now.

Yeah that was a bummer. Hard to not blame the pitching and fielding tonight. I assume we had Garza on a pitch count otherwise I don’t know why we didn’t pitch him longer than we did. We can’t assume these midweek games are just games to get other guys work. Our RPI will tank with these kinds of losses.

Also, I don’t want to see Walsh at 1st base if possible. All three of the balls he missed he should have had and he doesn’t bring much to the team with his bat right now.
This is exactly what coaches at Nebraska think it seems like. Like the midweek games dont matter one bit its just practice games. Then when it comes time for a tournament seed or regional host being turned down they get mad. Play to win the damn game.

Reactions: kidofSN
B8

Huskers load the bases with nobody out and the 2-3-4 hitters all strike out.
Mowed down by a 7.56 ERA throwing a lethal slider even he didn't know he had. For a kid like Sanders that's how memories are made I guess.

And what's up with his first name? Rans??? OK.
Rans Sanders
Rans_Sanders_Headshot.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: RobsterMobster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT