ADVERTISEMENT

Tua concussed

Due to coaching I have to take annual concussion CTE training. Historically, the rule was after your third concussion, the athlete needs to retire. Beware, there are emerging studies out there allegedly funded by the NFL, NSL, et al., that propound that athletes can continue to come back from a third and even forth concussion and compete.

Due to coaching I have to take annual concussion CTE training. Historically, the rule was after your third concussion, the athlete needs to retire. Beware, there are emerging studies out there allegedly funded by the NFL, NSL, et al., that propound that athletes can continue to come back from a third and even forth concussion and compete.
And these studies are probably ran by the doctors that treated Mike Webster and Junior Seau etc:: LOL

But it's funded by the NFL, so it should be legit.

#sarcasm

I think after 3 one should retire. I mean, I was questioning him coming back after the first two. Who here was thinking the same thing? Remember all three of his concussions looked really bad. It's kind of like me. I'm way too old to play contact football, but I've had detached retinas. There's no way I would jeopardize my vision, let alone the whole brain like it is with Tua.

I think after 3 one should retire. I mean, I was questioning him coming back after the first two. Who here was thinking the same thing? Remember all three of his concussions looked really bad. It's kind of like me. I'm way too old to play contact football, but I've had detached retinas. There's no way I would jeopardize my vision, let alone the whole brain like it is with Tua.
RetinaS? As in both eyes or same eye twice?. I had one last November. Really sucked.

RetinaS? As in both eyes or same eye twice?. I had one last November. Really sucked.
I had a tear in one eye in 2015. They laser tacked it said it was good. Told me to come back in a month. I was at work almost 30 days later and I realized that I was experiencing the same symptoms. It was the same eye but the opposite corner. This time it was two small tears. So, I had to have the major operation. They laser tacked my eye once again, but I had major surgery the next morning. Had to put gas in my eye. That procedure made me need cataract surgery 6 months later. I already had the right eye done in 2010. But because they didn't do them close together they had to match up the eyes to the severely near-sighted eye. I am so effed today. LOL

I was shocked the Fish signed him to that contract for this very reason.

Terrible contract from a football standpoint alone, he wasn't worth it, now tack on another concussion...and if you're the Fish...now what?

Tua probably should have never suited up again prior to this. Be real interesting to see if he ever takes another snap.

If a player retires (as i always understood it anyway), his salary no longer counts against the cap....will Tua do that? I doubt it. The Dolphins obviously aren't going to cut him. So my guess is (since Tua holds all the cards with that massive contract he juat signed) ..they negotoate a buyout/retirement and everyone wins. My guess is he's played his last down of football...at least I hope so.

I had a tear in one eye in 2015. They laser tacked it said it was good. Told me to come back in a month. I was at work almost 30 days later and I realized that I was experiencing the same symptoms. It was the same eye but the opposite corner. This time it was two small tears. So, I had to have the major operation. They laser tacked my eye once again, but I had major surgery the next morning. Had to put gas in my eye. That procedure made me need cataract surgery 6 months later. I already had the right eye done in 2010. But because they didn't do them close together they had to match up the eyes to the severely near-sighted eye. I am so effed today. LOL
I had the major one in my right eye. Face down for 2 weeks. Still got the bad cataract. Do not want to go through that again.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
Really sorry to hear this.

so sorry to hear that you're having problems with your eyes. That really sucks. I battle arthritis from all the "fun" I've had in my life and I would much rather deal with that than my eyesight.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Whether he decides to retire or not, I can't imagine a possible scenario where he ever sees a field as a player again. Even if he's okay, that would be REALLY bad optics for the NFL, the Dolphins, hell...sports in general. Like really really bad.

NFL and Dolphins are going to have a massive lawsuit on their hands if he continues to play. This guy is going to die on the field or become a vegetable at some point. His wife or parents needs to tell him to hang it up. He's already past the point of no return and hopefully he doesn't have too many issues later on in life, but I think he already will.

Honestly, I buy that. I had 5 or 6 pretty bad concussions growing up and I'm

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
NFL and Dolphins are going to have a massive lawsuit on their hands if he continues to play. This guy is going to die on the field or become a vegetable at some point. His wife or parents needs to tell him to hang it up. He's already past the point of no return and hopefully he doesn't have too many issues later on in life, but I think he already will.
Agreed. For as much research as has been done on CTE, it would be criminally negligent to trot him out there again. It’s over dolphins. make a trade or draft your next quarterback

Reactions: BleedRed78
I had the major one in my right eye. Face down for 2 weeks. Still got the bad cataract. Do not want to go through that again.
Oh yeah. The doctor said that because of that kind of surgery I'd probably have to have cataract surgery sooner or later. By the time 30 days rolled around I went in for my follow-up. Told the doctors, welp, it's going to be sooner rather than later. 5 months later I had the surgery for cataract in my left eye.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
so sorry to hear that you're having problems with your eyes. That really sucks. I battle arthritis from all the "fun" I've had in my life and I would much rather deal with that than my eyesight.
I don't have a whole lot wrong with me. But I do have arthritis in my right foot where the big toe enters the foot. I have the stretchy ligaments and because of it I developed arthritis in that big joint on the top of your foot where the big toe enters the foot. I used to run all the time and I can't anymore. Well, not without a lot of pain. I miss it.

It's ESPN. DEI at its finest and no one cares.... Their shows are unwatchable that have any of these women chiming in. The NFL shows are tolerable because most of the women just are facilitators. If they want to talk WNBA or other sports... Fine, but otherwise I don't need their opinion. This isn't just for women either. Guys like Greeny, who are huge pussies and have never played a sport, I tune out as well.

It's all about me!
tenor.gif

Agreed. For as much research as has been done on CTE, it would be criminally negligent to trot him out there again. It’s over dolphins. make a trade or draft your next quarterback
Already was! Like I'm glad he got to finally have a pretty awesome full season last year. But he should've been retired already

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT