ADVERTISEMENT

Tua concussed

Due to coaching I have to take annual concussion CTE training. Historically, the rule was after your third concussion, the athlete needs to retire. Beware, there are emerging studies out there allegedly funded by the NFL, NSL, et al., that propound that athletes can continue to come back from a third and even forth concussion and compete.

Due to coaching I have to take annual concussion CTE training. Historically, the rule was after your third concussion, the athlete needs to retire. Beware, there are emerging studies out there allegedly funded by the NFL, NSL, et al., that propound that athletes can continue to come back from a third and even forth concussion and compete.
And these studies are probably ran by the doctors that treated Mike Webster and Junior Seau etc:: LOL

Reactions: drubendall
But it's funded by the NFL, so it should be legit.

#sarcasm

I think after 3 one should retire. I mean, I was questioning him coming back after the first two. Who here was thinking the same thing? Remember all three of his concussions looked really bad. It's kind of like me. I'm way too old to play contact football, but I've had detached retinas. There's no way I would jeopardize my vision, let alone the whole brain like it is with Tua.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I think after 3 one should retire. I mean, I was questioning him coming back after the first two. Who here was thinking the same thing? Remember all three of his concussions looked really bad. It's kind of like me. I'm way too old to play contact football, but I've had detached retinas. There's no way I would jeopardize my vision, let alone the whole brain like it is with Tua.
RetinaS? As in both eyes or same eye twice?. I had one last November. Really sucked.

RetinaS? As in both eyes or same eye twice?. I had one last November. Really sucked.
I had a tear in one eye in 2015. They laser tacked it said it was good. Told me to come back in a month. I was at work almost 30 days later and I realized that I was experiencing the same symptoms. It was the same eye but the opposite corner. This time it was two small tears. So, I had to have the major operation. They laser tacked my eye once again, but I had major surgery the next morning. Had to put gas in my eye. That procedure made me need cataract surgery 6 months later. I already had the right eye done in 2010. But because they didn't do them close together they had to match up the eyes to the severely near-sighted eye. I am so effed today. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT