ADVERTISEMENT

Tristan Gebbia

[QUOTE="4.6.3, post: 2192895, member: 2312What will it be like to actually have legit qb battles? It's been what.... 15 years at least?[/QUOTE]

Uh, you are obviously forgetting the nail biting tight battles of 2010-2013.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Oh thank God. I was worried that our resident "QB guru" wouldn't think Gebbia was good enough.

Gebbia will be a Husker and P.S. Gebbia is better than McCaffrey.
Good to know there is no homer on your part...you must be the real QB guru since the ratings have McCaffrey much higher...but you know better...I'm impressed by your deep analysis of you saying "Gebbia is better just because"

Good to know there is no homer on your part...you must be the real QB guru since the ratings have McCaffrey much higher...but you know better...I'm impressed by your deep analysis of you saying "Gebbia is better just because"

D. McCaffrey's rating has everything to do with his dad, and his brother being a stud at Stanford; instead of ACTUAL results and production. Gebbia has a stronger arm and has put up better stats against tougher competition. I know you like to evaluate a QB on his competition. California HS Football>Colorado HS Football. That can't really be disputed.

McCaffrey 2015 Stats - 207/320 for 64% - 2800 yds. - 27 TD - 4 INT
Gebbia 2015 Stats - 278/442 for 63% - 4435 yds - 45 TD - 9 INT

D. McCaffrey's rating has everything to do with his dad, and his brother being a stud at Stanford; instead of ACTUAL results and production. Gebbia has a stronger arm and has put up better stats against tougher competition. I know you like to evaluate a QB on his competition. California HS Football>Colorado HS Football. That can't really be disputed.

Dude...you really want to play the daddy/name card when you guys are creaming over landing KKJ...seriously

And man...you are comparing hs stats? One situation to another is like comparing apples to something like denture cream...so many variables that go into the differences in HS situations...I mean damn...I'm sure Gebbia throwing to a 4* WR has nothing to do with his stats...

You set yourself up...sorry for pointing out the ridiculousness of what you just said

Reactions: TheBeav815
Dude...you really want to play the daddy/name card when you guys are creaming over landing KKJ...seriously

And man...you are comparing hs stats? One situation to another is like comparing apples to something like denture cream...so many variables that go into the differences in HS situations...I mean damn...I'm sure Gebbia throwing to a 4* WR has nothing to do with his stats...

You set yourself up...sorry for pointing out the ridiculousness of what you just said

So why is McCaffery better? I don't know anything about him. Thanks.

Last edited:
so to clarify

Is Gebbia going to visit Ole Piss after seeing Nebraksa ?

Last edited:

So let me get this straight. Kjj sucks and is just using his dad's name, but the reason Gebbia's stats are inflated are due to him throwing to a 4* in KJJ?

Now go home.

So, what do you think of Riley's crooting?Smokin

they are killing it ... please refresh my memory if I have questioned it in the past

I didn't mean to imply that Gebbia would ultimately commit to Ole Miss - just wandering if he is going to visit Miss after visiting Neb this week as has been implied

they are killing it ... please refresh my memory if I have questioned it in the past

I didn't mean to imply that Gebbia would ultimately commit to Ole Miss - just wandering if he is going to visit Miss after visiting Neb this week as has been implied
Just wondering what you thought of all these 4-5 star croots checking out the evil empire? That is our handle on the Hawkeye board isn't it? RollingLaugh

I've seen McCaffrey play 3 times now with my own eyes. How about you?

He is good but not special. Without the last name, he would not be rated as highly.

And another thing about McCaffrey is that he plays for Valor Christian, which means his team always has more talent than the team they are playing against unless it's an out-of-state team. Valor is basically the IMG of Colorado, have won 6 out of last 7 championships (almost all 7). There's rumblings that Valor should leave Colorado HS football, and join a national/regional conference of all IMG-like teams for competitive reasons.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

He is good but not special. Without the last name, he would not be rated as highly.
So, what your really saying,"Rivals" star ranking system is nothing more than an infatuation based on name, size, etc.

So what you're really saying is that the ranking systems are perfect, never mis-evaluate anyone, and are never influenced by silly things like a pedigree or whether someone attended one of their camps or not.

29zcyeh.jpg

So why is McCaffery better? I don't know anything about him. Thanks.
I haven't seen both play full games so anything I could tell you would be regurgitation of what I've read and you can read yourself. I also was not the one who brought him into the discussion. But here is the situation. McCaffery is rated significantly higher on all 4 of the recruiting sites (Rivals, 247, Scout & ESPN). The closest margin is about 100 spots and one site (247) even has McCaffery as the #1 QB in the country and a 5*. McCaffery is rated in the top 50 (overall) on all 4 sites while Gebbia has not broken the top 100 on any...maybe that all changes when rankings are updated but this is how things stand now.

As I said I didn't bring up McCaffery so maybe you should ask you own QB gurus why every single site likes McCaffery better (and hope for a better answer than it is because of his name). If there was some disagreement among the different sites then maybe it is a more interesting discussion but there simply isn't.

So let me get this straight. Kjj sucks and is just using his dad's name, but the reason Gebbia's stats are inflated are due to him throwing to a 4* in KJJ?

Now go home.
No...I'm saying that it's as ironic as it gets to believe that one would get a high ranking just because of his name and the other is a legit ranking. I don't happen to believe either kid is ranked were they are just because of name. Sure a couple of the sites have be accused of shady politics but they are also in competition with each other to get the rankings as accurate as possible. So I do think KJJ is a legit 4*...never said he sucks...just pointing out the irony and double standard.

I haven't seen both play full games so anything I could tell you would be regurgitation of what I've read and you can read yourself. I also was not the one who brought him into the discussion. But here is the situation. McCaffery is rated significantly higher on all 4 of the recruiting sites (Rivals, 247, Scout & ESPN). The closest margin is about 100 spots and one site (247) even has McCaffery as the #1 QB in the country and a 5*. McCaffery is rated in the top 50 (overall) on all 4 sites while Gebbia has not broken the top 100 on any...maybe that all changes when rankings are updated but this is how things stand now.

As I said I didn't bring up McCaffery so maybe you should ask you own QB gurus why every single site likes McCaffery better (and hope for a better answer than it is because of his name). If there was some disagreement among the different sites then maybe it is a more interesting discussion but there simply isn't.

Wrong & wrong. McCaffery is #39 overall, and Gebbia is currently #86 on Rivals...

No...I'm saying that it's as ironic as it gets to believe that one would get a high ranking just because of his name and the other is a legit ranking. I don't happen to believe either kid is ranked were they are just because of name. Sure a couple of the sites have be accused of shady politics but they are also in competition with each other to get the rankings as accurate as possible. So I do think KJJ is a legit 4*...never said he sucks...just pointing out the irony and double standard.

what-not-to-say-to-short-girls-6.gif

I will always give more credence to the opinion of someone who has actually seen a kid live (multiple times) than someone's who watched a few minutes of highlight film and claims to be an expert. I will also point out that one of Michigan's mods/writers (from a non-rivals site) actually agreed with you...at one point.

He went out and saw the regular season game against whichever school it was they ended up meeting for a second time in the state finals. He came away a bit underwhelmed. However, he went out a second time (later that season) and said he saw what others were saying about the kid. But that doesn't just dismiss what he saw the first time. So as he looked at more game film (and talked to coaches) he saw that there were times McCaffrey looked like he was trying to win games all by himself and when doing so made mistakes. When McCaffrey played within the position, the system and (looked like) he trusted the other 10 on the field with him he looked electric and special.

The other thing this person noticed is McCaffrey's tendency to press seemed to decrease as the season went on. Thus it looked like it was starting to be coached out of him. That's what good coaches do and I think when it comes to QB coaches Harbaugh's reputation is earned.

We have a top 100 player ready to give us his talents for the next four years. Deal with it!

So I got one site's ranking wrong...but McCaffery is still ranked higher on it...is he not?

why all this talk about Michigan QB recruits and rankings ... you guys are all set with one of the top recruits in all the land in Shane Morris on the roster

Was going to type the exact same thing. This fool contradicted himself in 30 words or less. Excellent way to look like a total ass.
Well don't give so much credit for under 30; some part timers attain almost full-time - and have a talent for it.

We have a top 100 player ready to give us his talents for the next four years. Deal with it!
And I hope you land him and many more highly ranked players...a strong NU is actually good for Michigan. We don't play you in most years and if we do there is a chance it will be in the CCG. If that is the case let the best team win and leave no doubt they should be in the playoff even with a loss or two.

And I hope you land him and many more highly ranked players...a strong NU is actually good for Michigan. We don't play you in most years and if we do there is a chance it will be in the CCG. If that is the case let the best team win and leave no doubt they should be in the playoff even with a loss or two.

I think you should be more concerned about Harbaugh burning himself out.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Lots of vitriol towards ellobo... I get that he's a Michigan guy, but I don't think he is being disrespectful here.

For the most part, I have appreciated his thoughts. Don't agree with them all, but I don't think they have been spoken with malice or disrespect. Just my opinion here...

Reactions: ellobo
I will always give more credence to the opinion of someone who has actually seen a kid live (multiple times) than someone's who watched a few minutes of highlight film and claims to be an expert. I will also point out that one of Michigan's mods/writers (from a non-rivals site) actually agreed with you...at one point.

He went out and saw the regular season game against whichever school it was they ended up meeting for a second time in the state finals. He came away a bit underwhelmed. However, he went out a second time (later that season) and said he saw what others were saying about the kid. But that doesn't just dismiss what he saw the first time. So as he looked at more game film (and talked to coaches) he saw that there were times McCaffrey looked like he was trying to win games all by himself and when doing so made mistakes. When McCaffrey played within the position, the system and (looked like) he trusted the other 10 on the field with him he looked electric and special.

The other thing this person noticed is McCaffrey's tendency to press seemed to decrease as the season went on. Thus it looked like it was starting to be coached out of him. That's what good coaches do and I think when it comes to QB coaches Harbaugh's reputation is earned.

My Nephew was the strength coach at Valor the last couple of years. He said this McCaffrey was the. Most impressive player they had the last few years. Keep in mind the Colorado competition isn't all that great as a whole. Only time will tell on Dylan, for sure.

Reactions: ellobo

BUMP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT