ADVERTISEMENT

Trev was begged

Wait - all Trev is doing is advancing his personal career? That is THE explanation? But yet he stayed at UNO like 12 years and is being paid approximately the same salary at TAM? What am I missing?
Money isn’t the only reason that you move to try and advance your career. He applied for the big ten commissioner job while here. Maybe he thinks multiple AD positions at P2 schools enhance his resume . The SEC commissioner job will open up sooner than later. Maybe he take a run at that.

Came here for commentary and noticed wasn’t posted yet (that I could see). Paying back in the spirit of HBK and posting. I don’t really care that Trev is gone and am happy with Troy. I do find the released texts interesting. Pretty equally sad leadership let it get to that point and that Trev also turned his back. Regardless - GBR

Although I haven't read it any where, I strongly suspect Trev's departure had something to do with clashes over the Memorial Stadium project which apparently is now dead as developed by Trev with the arrival of a new AD.
Nothing we have seen or heard suggests this at all, that was my point. Does anyone really think Trev would leave because he allegedly couldn’t get a stadium Reno done? He knows there will be big dreams that don’t always become realized.

Trev isn’t a job hopper, he stayed at UNO for 12 years for crying out loud. He loved Nebraska and all the state had done for him. The money wasn’t different so the lure of more money wasn’t it.

I had never heard anywhere that he applied to be Big 10 comish. Perhaps someone can supply that info.

Nothing we have seen or heard suggests this at all, that was my point. Does anyone really think Trev would leave because he allegedly couldn’t get a stadium Reno done? He knows there will be big dreams that don’t always become realized.

Trev isn’t a job hopper, he stayed at UNO for 12 years for crying out loud. He loved Nebraska and all the state had done for him. The money wasn’t different so the lure of more money wasn’t it.

I had never heard anywhere that he applied to be Big 10 comish. Perhaps someone can supply that info.
He did

Applied for CFP chairman also while here

• Wow
Reactions: Huskers123456
They look like screenshots though
And? From the doi.gov site, just as an example:

"Text messages (including the contextual information such as the sender, recipient,date, and time) that are sent or received by employees with government-issued or personally-owned devices must be collected and processed for potential release under the FOIA if they pertain to agency business and are responsive to a pending FOIA request."

"When utilizing the screenshot approach, the record custodian identifies the text messages that are responsive to the FOIA request; takes screenshots of those responsive text messages directly from the mobile device; and transmits the screenshots to the responsible FOIA office for processing, for example through email from the device itself."

Reactions: blackshirts25
And? From the doi.gov site, just as an example:

"Text messages (including the contextual information such as the sender, recipient,date, and time) that are sent or received by employees with government-issued or personally-owned devices must be collected and processed for potential release under the FOIA if they pertain to agency business and are responsive to a pending FOIA request."

"When utilizing the screenshot approach, the record custodian identifies the text messages that are responsive to the FOIA request; takes screenshots of those responsive text messages directly from the mobile device; and transmits the screenshots to the responsible FOIA office for processing, for example through email from the device itself."
It is hard to believe the FOIA people can force someone to take screen shots of his or her personal device even it it has communication relating to agency business. So if one of the regents texted a joke to another regent on his personal phone he was glad Trev was gone because he had bad body odor, the sender has to keep the message for years and take a screen shot to be submitted whenever a FOIA request is submitted? If so 1984 keeps getting closer every day.

It is hard to believe the FOIA people can force someone to take screen shots of his or her personal device even it it has communication relating to agency business. So if one of the regents texted a joke to another regent on his personal phone he was glad Trev was gone because he had bad body odor, the sender has to keep the message for years and take a screen shot to be submitted whenever a FOIA request is submitted? If so 1984 keeps getting closer every day.
A nephew on my wife’s side got into some trouble. He used social media of various types to communicate with people, girls primarily. Several years later after some instances he was charged and in the court documents that are public is an electronic file of all his social media pertinent to this case.

He thought it was deleted but it never goes away and people who know what they are doing can retrieve it all. In short, with him, they had conversations that were years old and even locations that placed him and the victim in the exact same place. Case closed.

He did

Applied for CFP chairman also while here
The CFP chairman is not a separate job . It goes to someone who is on the committee to be the face of the committee. I think the Michigan AD is the current one.
Even though I kind of corrected you on the CFP chairman. You are correct telling OP about the other job ( Big ten commissioner) that Trev applied for. Trev is all about Trev. Have nothing against a guy wanting to better himself and his family. But don’t pile on the gush about a dream job and this is where I want to be and at the same time applying for other jobs 6-8 months into your tenure. Trev never intended to be at Nebraska long and always had 1 foot out the door IMO.

A nephew on my wife’s side got into some trouble. He used social media of various types to communicate with people, girls primarily. Several years later after some instances he was charged and in the court documents that are public is an electronic file of all his social media pertinent to this case.

He thought it was deleted but it never goes away and people who know what they are doing can retrieve it all. In short, with him, they had conversations that were years old and even locations that placed him and the victim in the exact same place. Case closed.
Need more ...
20201110_Juicy_Couture_SS21_Look_06_239_RGBlowres.jpg

DETAILS.

You do?

What about Rhule taking a public shot at trev over NIL after the season?

Hey if it's true then so be it, but it feels odd to me and i'd need more than that Tweet to buy it. I think when people leave like Trev did, and it takes everyone by surprise, people have a tendency to play the sour grapes game and then pile on.

Hey if it's true then so be it, but it feels odd to me and i'd need more than that Tweet to buy it. I think when people leave like Trev did, and it takes everyone by surprise, people have a tendency to play the sour grapes game and then pile on.
It might be sour grapes for some. But Trev never embraced NIL because he wanted the stadium expansion. And even though they are technically separate. Both required donations from the same pool of money.

• Love
Reactions: skunkman and V-Doub
Literally Rhule talked about todays reality and the money it takes to get good players for 10 minutes in his post season presser

Called out need for organizational alignment specifically

Beyond obvious that was a direct shot at Trev (as I said the moment it happened)

Reactions: mgbreis
Even though I kind of corrected you on the CFP chairman. You are correct telling OP about the other job ( Big ten commissioner) that Trev applied for. Trev is all about Trev. Have nothing against a guy wanting to better himself and his family. But don’t pile on the gush about a dream job and this is where I want to be and at the same time applying for other jobs 6-8 months into your tenure. Trev never intended to be at Nebraska long and always had 1 foot out the door IMO.
Still have seen zero evidence, just talk, that Trev actually applied for the comish job. He was in such a hurry to move up, he stayed at UNO for 12 years. Does not add up for a second.

Still have seen zero evidence, just talk, that Trev actually applied for the comish job. He was in such a hurry to move up, he stayed at UNO for 12 years. Does not add up for a second.
One of many reports which are extremely easy to find:

Very clear that had he stayed he could have dictated any terms he wanted in terms of both leadership structure and salary. And he basically gave the cold shoulder to all of these texts. To me it is clear that his departure had only a little to do with leadership. Because if his heart and soul really did bleed Red then his position in the catbird seat would have compelled him to stay. He knew the leadership void would not last forever.

He left because he wanted to pad and diversify his resume. He is looking for much bigger career goals. But you can’t just come out and say, “Hey everyone, I am ambitious and want to be a conference commissioner someday. I will use Texas A & M as a stepping stone to bigger things.”
Nope. You blather on instead with euphemisms about “vision” and “leadership”.

We were played. So be it. It happens all the time and you cannot fault a guy for ambition. So it is time to move on. I like the new guy a lot.
I think people need to understand that the horse was already out of the Barn by the time these texts were sent. You want to keep Trev you don’t wait to do so until after he interviews for another job.

Trev left because leadership was void ! Don’t blame him, blame those in charge

Reactions: kidofSN
Sorry, I don't and won't agree. Saying there was a void in leadership is a convenient excuse for Trev. His move was all about Trev Alberts moving up whatever self-perceived ladder he's trying to climb. Posters saying him staying at UNO for 12 years disproves this are crazy. He was a nobody in the AD world when he was at UNO, and his alma mater threw him a lottery ticket by hiring him.

This is absolute gold. Posting about drawing the line on what is believable on Easter of all days. The day where millions of cultists gather to celebrate someone they think rose from the dead to be with his mystical dad in the sky.

I have no idea how to respond to that so i'm just going to like it and wish you a Happy Easter....he has risen!!!

This is absolute gold. Posting about drawing the line on what is believable on Easter of all days. The day where millions of cultists gather to celebrate someone they think rose from the dead to be with his mystical dad in the sky.
An anthiest bot. Who created you?

I think people need to understand that the horse was already out of the Barn by the time these texts were sent. You want to keep Trev you don’t wait to do so until after he interviews for another job.

Wrong.
Many universities take this long or longer to find new presidents when there is avacancy.
Trev padding his resume.

A family member and his coworkers with fairly high national security clearances were briefed by the CIA regarding their use of electronic devices. He told them “IF you knew what we can do with your accounts you would never use email or any electronic communication of any type. The line between real and created content is gone.

A family member and his coworkers with fairly high national security clearances were briefed by the CIA regarding their use of electronic devices. He told them “IF you knew what we can do with your accounts you would never use email or any electronic communication of any type. The line between real and created content is gone.
Rivals site withstanding the rest of my communication is done solely with carrier pigeons.

Reactions: dinglefritz
All good. No apology needed.

I had the position wrong in my post
So if the post was correct, he “looked into” the comish position.

All of the pieces point to some problems in the leadership and management systems. He seemed happy at UNO for 12 years, worked hard and was well liked and respected at Nebraska, the emails seem to indicate that. The money is nearly the same at TAM.

I don’t question Trev when he praises Nebraska for helping him become the person he is. I think it took something pretty serious, well behind the scenes and systemic, to get him to leave. He had lots of internal cash to spend if he stayed at Nebraska while at TAM he will always be that guy who came from the sticks of Nebraska.

While many have the hate for Trev with all the F words, I wish him the best but mostly hope that whatever systemic issues that are present get fixed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT