ADVERTISEMENT

Traudt in the Portal

I have not seen Traudt in action. Is he a post player, or more of a pick-and-pop jump shooter?

I have not seen Traudt in action. Is he a post player, or more of a pick-and-pop jump shooter?

I think a good comparison for Traudt is a young Azuolas Tubelis out of Arizona. A tall stretch 4 that doesn't have the greatest long distance jumper but it's enough to respect it with his size. He's going to be very good in a couple years imo.

Reactions: schuele
Traudt wasn't coming here if we paid him $10M

nobody wants to play for a meek wuss with a weak heart and even weaker coaching resume

thanks a bunch, blockhead trev. saving a nickel is more important than attempting to compete.
It has nothing to do with who is coach , Coach K could be here and he would be going to Creighton, his GF is there, he just wanted to take a shot at somewhere like Virginia, obviously he knew it was a mistake and he quickly fixed it.

They probably want to win. He’ll be a freshman with 4 years, he’s going to have plenty of time to start and play 30 mins for a winning program. If NU wants to get these kind of kids to play in Lincoln, they have to fix their program. Kids aren’t going to come to NU knowing they’ll likely never make a NCAA tournament.

I get that, but how do you fix the program unless some talented kids decide to come here to be leaders and change the culture? Griesel tried his best, too bad he was only here for one year.

With teams like FAU and SDSU making the Final Four, you think it'd be easier to convince kids they don't need to go to a traditional program. You think it'd be easier to sell them on a chance to be the star at a place where you can make program history and be the hero, rather than being just another role player somewhere else.

It has nothing to do with who is coach , Coach K could be here and he would be going to Creighton, his GF is there, he just wanted to take a shot at somewhere like Virginia, obviously he knew it was a mistake and he quickly fixed it.

If these programs flip-flopped in relevancy/success but his GF was still at Creighton, he'd be a Husker.

I get that, but how do you fix the program unless some talented kids decide to come here to be leaders and change the culture? Griesel tried his best, too bad he was only here for one year.

With teams like FAU and SDSU making the Final Four, you think it'd be easier to convince kids they don't need to go to a traditional program. You think it'd be easier to sell them on a chance to be the star at a place where you can make program history and be the hero.

Hire a new coach that doesn't dig himself 20' deep before finally adjusting to his conference and the landscape of college basketball as a whole.

Reactions: tjlSker90
keep telling yourself that

With teams like FAU and SDSU making the Final Four, you think it'd be easier to convince kids they don't need to go to a traditional program. You think it'd be easier to sell them on a chance to be the star at a place where you can make program history and be the hero, rather than being just another role player somewhere else.
you need someone who has some semblance of personality & who wants to get that message out very loud, very forcefully and very, very often

not some boring soft spoken hat rack who's been chewed up and spit out nearly as often as the game has lapped him

you need someone who has some semblance of personality & who wants to get that message out very loud, very forcefully and very, very often

not some boring soft spoken hat rack who's been chewed up and spit out nearly as often as the game has lapped him
Given the state of the Huskers' roster, Tonje heading to Missouri and Traudt to Creighton might make Fred a bit less - say it with me now! - popular with boosters.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Given the state of the Huskers' roster, Tonje heading to Missouri and Traudt to Creighton might make Fred a bit less - say it with me now! - popular with boosters.
we should be putting the final touches on a $30M+ contract for the FAU coach (grew up in B1G) to come to NU the second they're eliminated and/or cut down the nets

we should be putting the final touches on a $30M+ contract for the FAU coach (grew up in B1G) to come to NU the second they're eliminated and/or cut down the nets

Here's what'll happen. Indiana will flame out next year without TJD and they'll fire Woodson or make it seem like he wants to go back to the NBA, and hire May in a second.

• Sad

A Final Four coach is never going to go coach at Nebraska. Dusty May will have his choice of any program now. If Florida doesn't make the tournament next year, they will probably fire their coach and hire him. Or if Larranaga retires, he could go to Miami.

A Final Four coach is never going to go coach at Nebraska. Dusty May will have his choice of any program now. If Florida doesn't make the tournament next year, they will probably fire their coach and hire him. Or if Larranaga retires, he could go to Miami.
Dudes from the Midwest, what makes you think he wants to stay in Florida?

We need Ben McCollum to get outa NWMS and go coach a low-major somewhere for a couple years to show he can coach D1 and hire him.

exactly why we cannot afford to wait

every vacancy is full right now

throw $5M/year at him for 6 years and make him say no

instead we'll suck under fred, continue to have zero momentum, and suck for at least a year under new management

keeping our current limp dick is costing us years. some here will die before we reach the bubble again.

this is stupid

we are as low-major as it gets

nobody needs to prove anything in order to be qualified to lead this program

I'd honestly be ok with taking a chance on him and letting him build something. The man is 365-85 at NWMS. He knows how to win.

before this gets out of hand with the Fred firing I need for us to pause and remember it isn’t about wins and losses but rather Nebraska values that guides our athletic department

• Haha
Dudes from the Midwest, what makes you think he wants to stay in Florida?

What makes you think he wants to leave Florida for the Midwest? There aren't many people who choose to move from Florida to the Midwest.

He's been coaching in Florida for the past 8 years, and in the South region for the past 17 years. He hasn't been in the Midwest since his first year of coaching at Eastern Michigan in 2005. I'm sure he would take the Indiana job, but just because he grew up the Midwest, doesn't mean he wants to return there now.

keeping our current limp dick is costing us years. some here will die before we reach the bubble again.

This is what I fear most. Every year of falling behind makes it even harder for the next guy to fix it, and we're nearing the threshold of hell. It's not like we have winning history to fall back on like Tang did with his quick KSU turnaround.

This is what I fear most. Every year of falling behind makes it even harder for the next guy to fix it, and we're nearing the threshold of hell. It's not like we have winning history to fall back on like Tang did with his quick KSU turnaround.
we essentially have an unlimited pot of cash to spend to try and make our programs as competitive as possible

we do not have an unlimited amount of time on the planet

some here - including our athletic director - would rather save a relative pittance than do everything under our control to win

it's embarrassingly pathetic & trev should never be allowed to go anywhere without hearing about it

exactly why we cannot afford to wait

every vacancy is full right now

throw $5M/year at him for 6 years and make him say no

instead we'll suck under fred, continue to have zero momentum, and suck for at least a year under new management

That's what we did with Hoiberg, we threw a ton of money at him because he won a lot of games at Iowa State. And now we are stuck with him because of it.

I think May is a good coach, but let's not forget this is his first successful season as a head coach. He had 4 mediocre years at FAU before this season. We saw with Scott Frost, that one great season in a mid-major conference does not make someone a great head coach who can win at the Power 5 level.

What makes you think he wants to leave Florida for the Midwest? There aren't many people who choose to move from Florida to the Midwest.

He's been coaching in Florida for the past 8 years, and in the South region for the past 17 years. He hasn't been in the Midwest since his first year of coaching at Eastern Michigan in 2005. I'm sure he would take the Indiana job, but just because he grew up the Midwest, doesn't mean he wants to return there now.
I don't know, don't know the guy personally.. but the 2 examples you gave were two other Florida schools assuming he wants to stay. Over half his life has been in Midwest.. maybe he has kids and wants them growing up in the Midwest? maybe his family in Midwest and wants to be closer? who the **** knows.. I know I'm not leaving the Midwest for Florida anytime soon

That's what we did with Hoiberg, we threw a ton of money at him because he won a lot of games at Iowa State. And now we are stuck with him because of it.

I think May is a good coach, but let's not forget this is his first successful season as a head coach. He had 4 mediocre years at FAU before this season. We saw with Scott Frost, that one great season in a mid-major conference does not make someone a great head coach who can win at the Power 5 level.
we are stuck with hoiberg because our AD is learning on the job

nothing more, nothing less

we are stuck with hoiberg because our AD is learning on the job

nothing more, nothing less

And he in no way wants to do another coach search after all the time and energy he spent on getting Rhule. At least we ended .500 and showed a small blip of momentum. I think we could've finished a lot worse and Trev still wouldn't have made a move.

And he in no way wants to do another coach search after all the time and energy he spent on getting Rhule. At least we ended .500 and showed a small blip of momentum. I think we could've finished a lot worse and Trev still wouldn't have made a move.
he's a Football Director

not an Athletic Director

most here will be happy with that delineation. I am not among them.

And the big money boosters support Hoiberg. They weren't going to pony up the money for an $11 million buyout and $30 million to hire a new coach.

The athletic department is bringing back its basketball coach who has the worst 4 year record in modern history for year 5 - why would these kids come here when the athletic department clearly doesn’t care about the program?
And yet we’ve been told that his girlfriend is on the Creighton volleyball team. He said he wanted to be closer to home….which means well you know

Reactions: Gary.Busey
Traudt wasn't coming here if we paid him $10M

nobody wants to play for a meek wuss with a weak heart and even weaker coaching resume

thanks a bunch, blockhead trev. saving a nickel is more important than attempting to compete.
Well at least your consistent.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
NU doesn't offer anything of substance for these recruit's/transfers to be attracted to. At least a new coach would be an offer of hope. But instead we are keeping the stone statue of a coach. Why would any recruit that is a power 5 talent even be interested? In year 4 and only 16 wins and not even a sniff at the tourney.

The only way he would choose N over Creighton and his GF is if the teams records were reversed than the 50 minute drive wouldn’t matter.
good record ---> coaching

your previous post was nonsense

glad you're admitting it with this one

If these programs flip-flopped in relevancy/success but his GF was still at Creighton, he'd be a Husker.
If these programs didn't flip-flop in relevancy/success but his GF was at Nebraska, he'd be a Husker.

Signing an extension. my guess he's blue blood-bound once one of thosej obs open up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT