ADVERTISEMENT

Torres gone.

Possibly makes it more likely that Smothers or Purdy stay. Also makes it more likely that we take a QB this cycle even if we miss out on DR. I think we need 5 scholarship QBs on the roster.
I still think Smothers is a possible retiree from football

the rehab he's been entrenched in for 2 straight offseasons is tedious, brutal & thankless, and now he's way behind in a new system

if he wants to coach, he's in the right place to earn an advanced degree or two while learning from a knowledgable staff

agree on a QB this cycle

Reactions: BleedRed78
I believe we will be hearing very good things about him as a QB somewhere. I also believe he will be drafted by some NFL team in the future. His leaving suggests to me that Rhule wants a true dual QB leading the offense.
I could see him returning to texas and having a prolific career in a pass-first sun belt offense (UTEP, Texas St, UTSA, etc.)

Could possibly do well in a Power 5 like a Texas Tech.

Victor Jones, no idea how good he was/wasn't, but another FL recruit strikeout by Frost.
wasn’t Jones listed as an athlete coming out of high school? That usually means safety to me. Not sure if he had the speed or size we needed.

Reactions: HuskerO
Is he better than what we have?

giphy.gif

wasn’t Jones listed as an athlete coming out of high school? That usually means safety to me. Not sure if he had the speed or size we needed.
Only had offers from a few lower level P5 programs & a bunch of G5 programs. He was probably a reach by Frost & Co.

Reactions: king_kong_
Only had offers from a few lower level P5 programs & a bunch of G5 programs. He was probably a reach by Frost & Co.
Sometimes the reach is based on the kid’s want to and not on his physical talent. Hopefully he finds a good spot if he wants to play. Most of the guys who are going to leave have known for a while that they’re on the bubble.

So now we have lost our 22 QB, didn't sign a 23 QB, and are looking at not signing a 24 QB. Thank God for the portal.

Sometimes the reach is based on the kid’s want to and not on his physical talent. Hopefully he finds a good spot if he wants to play. Most of the guys who are going to leave have known for a while that they’re on the bubble.
I don't think so. If he did not miss more than half his senior year, he would have put up stats that would have increased his desirability as a recruit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT