ADVERTISEMENT

Torres gone.

Still no new offers and most of the quality HS QB's will sign by the time Raiola makes it official. Maybe they can flip a guy like Dante Reno late, but I'm not counting on it.
ship completely sailed on the Bell West kid?

ship completely sailed on the Bell West kid?

who-knows-i-dont-know.gif

110% is pretty high

Yes, these two Torres & Smothers expected
I’m more surprised by Torres. He’s got 4 years left so he could sit behind Sims and maybe win the job as a Junior. I’m wondering if he was told that he didn’t have the skill set required.

So now we have lost our 22 QB, didn't sign a 23 QB, and are looking at not signing a 24 QB. Thank God for the portal.
And yet the portal is why we need the portal…. There’s always going to be quality transfer QBs out there it seems. Where it hurts is your depth. I think it’s going to get even more important to find an area kid without P5 offers to come in to develop as a backup QB. HH cough cough.

Not that all of Nebraska’s issues are gone, but it is progress that we lost two scholarship QBs yesterday and there was almost no anxiety or outrage over the state of the program.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
Not that all of Nebraska’s issues are gone, but it is progress that we lost two scholarship QBs yesterday and there was almost no anxiety or outrage over the state of the program.
I’m anxious about the third spot. A healthy Logan was probably our best bet and Torres could have been brought along. I feel a lot of anxiety about HH and Purdy based off of what I’ve seen to date. Don’t know a damn thing about Woche. Hope he’s some kind of ace up the sleeve otherwise pray hard that there are no injury issues for CT/Sims

I’m anxious about the third spot. A healthy Logan was probably our best bet and Torres could have been brought along. I feel a lot of anxiety about HH and Purdy based off of what I’ve seen to date. Don’t know a damn thing about Woche. Hope he’s some kind of ace up the sleeve otherwise pray hard that there are no injury issues for CT/Sims
If we actually have to play a 3rd string QB we are in trouble. Top two need to stay healthy and we will be fine.

I was just hoping we could keep Smothers or Purdy. Their maturity and game experience are a plus. Purdy has shown flashes of being able to handle the job. Yeah he had some failures too but that doesn’t surprise me given his experience level and some of the situations he was put in.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
I was just hoping we could keep Smothers or Purdy. Their maturity and game experience are a plus. Purdy has shown flashes of being able to handle the job. Yeah he had some failures too but that doesn’t surprise me given his experience level and some of the situations he was put in.
I see flashes from Purdy too but he never seems to really put it all together. He needs to be more consistent to sustain drives that result in points.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Don’t know a damn thing about Woche. Hope he’s some kind of ace up the sleeve otherwise pray hard that there are no injury issues for CT/Sims

I don’t know, somebody needs to check Woche’s birth certificate, make sure it’s legit. He looks like he is thirty years old.

Woche__Jack_6703.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: HawksDown
And yet the portal is why we need the portal…. There’s always going to be quality transfer QBs out there it seems. Where it hurts is your depth. I think it’s going to get even more important to find an area kid without P5 offers to come in to develop as a backup QB. HH cough cough.
Haarberg had offers from NC State (ACC) and Vandy (SEC) coming out of high school

I agree. would've been a much longer list had he not graduated in 2020 when he was unable to attend camps.

I'm simply setting the record straight. lots and lots and lots of misinformation being posted on this board with regards to our backup QB.

to me, it's extremely weird to do so much negative campaigning against a player you're supposedly rooting for, but who am I to judge.

Reactions: ADV1
I agree. would've been a much longer list had he not graduated in 2020 when he was unable to attend camps.

I'm simply setting the record straight. lots and lots and lots of misinformation being posted on this board with regards to our backup QB.

to me, it's extremely weird to do so much negative campaigning against a player you're supposedly rooting for, but who am I to judge.
Would be interesting to see HH’s rerank if he were to enter the portal. Glad he isn’t, but my guess is he wouldn’t rate very well, just like Torres didn’t rate very well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT