ADVERTISEMENT

Top "Chess" players out there . . .

bob5150

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 30, 2004
A disgruntled DeAngelo Evans once said, "Coach Osborne was playing chess out there. Solich is playing checkers."

Satt looks more like a Checkers guy, especially in the 2nd half. What playcallers out there today are the known chess players in CFB playcalling?

I don’t know their names, but the best OCs are those that score a TD on every play call. The next tier are the OCs who team averages more than 35 PPG, regardless of opponent and game conditions. 😀

Seems like there are two modes with our offense: aggressive, where they are pretty good, and conservative, where they are completely ineffective. Whether that's Satt or not I don't know.

A disgruntled DeAngelo Evans once said, "Coach Osborne was playing chess out there. Solich is playing checkers."

Satt looks more like a Checkers guy, especially in the 2nd half. What playcallers out there today are the known chess players in CFB playcalling?
Agree, TO was one of a kind, a generational play caller and offensive minds! I am not a fan of Satterfield, yes he calls some good plays but his total offensive strategy and identity escapes me, especially in the second half, his adjustments are head scratchers! Instead of a defined strategy from seeing their D in the first half, it’s more like throwing spaghetti against the wall and seeing what sticks, checkers would be an improvement!!

Reactions: Dylman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT