ADVERTISEMENT

Top 50 schools in Athletic revenue

imagine thinking you're flexing by constantly throwing money and viewership around

B1G fans are such insufferable douchebags

it blows to see the Nebraska fan/B1G fan venn diagram overlapping more than ever

as i wrote. let's see the ratings - then discuss. two fabulous qbs. uofa's first test in a b12 roadie. highly rated teams, both top five in b12 preseason, surely top 20 nationally. it will be an event.

Feel free to hit me up at the end of the year and we'll take a look at the top viewed games. You better pray Deion handles the Big 12 better than the Pac 12 or else very few people will be watching the Big 12. That's just the way it is. Look at ratings last year for teams involving only 2024 Big 12 teams. America won't care unless it's Deion.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
KSU was either $118 million or $102 million depending which number you pick. I believe that the $118 included $16 million that was donated earlier, but released from donor restrictions in 2023. In other words, donations that had been made in prior years but not spendable until 2023. Also, Nebraska's number is a bit of an outlier because of an extra $61 million donated in 2023 for the football facility. Real money, but more of a one time hit vs. regular revenue. Last year was $143 million for Nebraska vs. $114/$116 million for KSU. Almost all of the difference is ticket sales and media/royalty revenue. Only about $4 million difference in direct conference $, but I think some of the royalty revenue might be Big Ten network $.

imagine thinking you're flexing by constantly throwing money and viewership around

B1G fans are such insufferable douchebags

it blows to see the Nebraska fan/B1G fan venn diagram overlapping more than ever
Yet here you are, right in the middle of a viewership discussion......

It's way more than Rutgers or Wisconsin. Oregon, OSU, Michigan, PSU are teams that casual fans are going to be interested in. USC might be right there too in the first season. So Oregon at Wisconsin is a game that will attract casual fans. ASU at KSU won't.

Having marquee teams and marquee players is what gets people to tune in. Not sure the Big 12 has much of that.

I can name a ton of shitty teams nobody cares about in our league...yes we have some names to, but color me doubtful the casual fan is all the sudden going to start watching the Ducks because they're in the B1G. Same for UCLA.

The Big 12 is going to be better than you give it credit for and K-State's QB will be a long shot Heisman candidate. As will Shedeur.

Yet here you are, right in the middle of a viewership discussion......
no, here I am telling you you're an insufferable douche white knighting for money you'll never sniff and over-the-air broadcasts that you can only watch because you can't afford more channels.

I don't give a flying f*ck about viewership or payouts.

I watch good football. which means I don't watch much B1G.

I can name a ton of shitty teams nobody cares about in our league...yes we have some names to, but color me doubtful the casual fan is all the sudden going to start watching the Ducks because they're in the B1G. Same for UCLA.

The Big 12 is going to be better than you give it credit for and K-State's QB will be a long shot Heisman candidate. As will Shedeur.
3 of the 10 worst D1 programs in college football history call the B1G home

@Huskers123456 can't get enough

no, here I am telling you you're a clueless douche white knighting for money you'll never sniff and over-the-air broadcasts that you can only watch because you can't afford more channels.

I don't give a flying f*ck about viewership or payouts.

I watch good football. which means I don't watch much B1G.
The guy literally said let's see the ratings. You seem to be upset about me saying the ratings won't be that great in the grand scheme of the season. You can piss and moan all you want, most of America won't have much interest in the Big 12 outside of CU. That doesn't mean they play shitty football.

The guy literally said let's see the ratings. You seem to be upset about me saying the ratings won't be that great in the grand scheme of the season. You can piss and moan all you want, most of America won't have much interest in the Big 12 outside of CU. That doesn't mean they play shitty football.
I am upset that a Nebraska fan would point to ratings as proof of anything.

that is embarrassing, insufferable B1G fan shit.

Imagine thinking things will always be the same and are guaranteed despite the never ending and unpredictable changes that are essentially college athletics’s only constant

Speaking of sales, @mel mains can’t keep his Ignorant Juice stocked!
Show me where I said always. One year snapshot, you one trick pony.

Show me where I said always. One year snapshot, you one trick pony.
here you go:

Widget guy has no guaranteed money. The BIG and SEC schools have tons of it.

if you think today's conference alignment/operating structure is guaranteed, there's no helping you.

might as well join the chorus of "ratings!" "money!" with itty bitty @Huskers123456

Serious question, do you take meds to control your emotions? You seem to have days where you just explode on people.
Of course not.

I’m doing you a favor in this thread. Try to internalize what I am saying to you.

We need less insufferable B1G sack draining douchebags, not more.

You’re welcome.

Are these rankings before or after private equity has been accounted for??

..also, I think some of ya'll are selling the Big 12 a little short. Nobody is going to call it the best conference, but its better than we're giving them credit for..IMO
I watch the B1G and rarely anything else. Unless it's a marquee matchup on the SEC. I don't really care about the Big 12. It's not better football. It's the runner-up league. I'm so glad we got out. OU passed out and Texas (and the rest of the brutuses) stabbed Us in the back, in the front, in the neck. And we still got away! Eff the Big 12!

Reactions: huskerfan66
You are facts guy. Why are you upset when what I say is true?
This:
The guy literally said let's see the ratings.
is not a fact.

He said let’s see the ratings after you brought them up, pounding your chest about them insufferably.

You’re correct that I call them like I see them. This exchange is no different.

Like I said, try to internalize. You’ll be better off for it and perhaps even thank me one day for helping you on your descent from the pinnacle of douche mountain.

This:

is not a fact.

He said let’s see the ratings after you brought them up, pounding your chest about them insufferably.

You’re correct that I call them like I see them. This exchange is no different.

Like I said, try to internalize. You’ll be better off for it and perhaps even thank me one day for helping you on your descent from the pinnacle of douche mountain.
It's not chest pounding. It's the truth. Look up ratings for Big 12 games last year not involving UT or OU (I'm sure you already have, hence using a different angle).

You are being emotional.

It's not chest pounding. It's the truth. Look up ratings for Big 12 games last year not involving UT or OU (I'm sure you already have, hence using a different angle).

You are being emotional.
Once again, I do not give a flying f*ck about tv ratings.

Nor does anyone who has actual football to discuss.

I tried, 1-6. Alas, another externalizer who will never get better because of it. Too bad. Enjoy the view atop douche mountain.

You are being emotional.
a lot of the ratings thingy is based on time slot and network. let's see how that uofa/k-state game plays out across america. point being, it's not always ou/texas that brought the numbers, but rather the fact that they got good times on motherships.

Dec 6, 2022

No. 1 Georgia’s 50-30 win over LSU in the SEC Championship Game averaged 10.89 million viewers for the mid-afternoon kickoff on CBS last Saturday.
Michigan’s 43-22 win over Purdue in the Big Ten title game averaged 10.69 million in prime time on Saturday for Fox.
Kansas State’s 31-28 overtime upset of CFP-bound TCU in the Big 12 Championship Game had the weekend’s third-largest college football audience at 9.41 million for the noon kickoff on ABC.
Utah’s 47-24 upset of USC on Friday in the Pac-12 Championship Game, which knocked the Trojans out of the CFP, averaged 5.96 million viewers for Fox in prime time.
Clemson’s 39-10 handling of North Carolina in the ACC title game averaged 3.46 million for ABC in prime time on Saturday.

Once again, I do not give a flying f*ck about tv ratings.

Nor does anyone who has actual football to discuss.

I tried, 1-6. Alas, another externalizer who will never get better because of it. Too bad. Enjoy the view atop douche mountain.
You did claim that the Big 12 was better football. So if it is better football, wouldn't that translate to better ratings? If the product is better why would anyone watch an inferior product? I will admit that the football is different from the Big 12/ Pac6, more offense, less defense in general. It all comes down to preference, I would rather watch great defense, just my thing, I find it more entertaining to watch a 17-13 game with sound defense than a 45-42 game with little to no defense.

Reactions: BleedRed78
You did claim that the Big 12 was better football. So if it is better football, wouldn't that translate to better ratings? If the product is better why would anyone watch an inferior product? I will admit that the football is different from the Big 12/ Pac6, more offense, less defense in general. It all comes down to preference, I would rather watch great defense, just my thing, I find it more entertaining to watch a 17-13 game with sound defense than a 45-42 game with little to no defense.
we watch our schools and our conferences. the b10 has huge university alums comparatively, thus the interest. no one on the margin gives a whip about watching iowa, indiana, northwestern, or most of the other turd programs in your league. it's awful football dominated by two schools. but because it is a conference with millions of alums, it gets watched regardless.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I said the big 12 is incomparably more fun. Don’t put words in my mouth. Head to head the B1G and big 12 are about .500 against one another.

And no, quality doesn’t = ratings.

Duh.

I said the big 12 is incomparably more fun. Don’t put words in my mouth. Head to head the B1G and big 12 are about .500 against one another.

And no, quality doesn’t = ratings.

Duh.
Fun is subjective.

apparently your definition of fun doesn't drive rating either.

Arguing subjective things like entertaining and fun is pointless, there are simply too many variables. I think Kansas St losing is fun, but I don't care enough to watch their games. I don't watch Rutgers much unless they play Nebraska. I do watch what I find compelling matchups regardless of conference affiliation though. I would guess a good number of viewers choose what they watch similarly. Thus games that are good quality matchups will drive the ratings. Matchups between ranked teams draw better ratings than a matchup between bottom feeders. Quality matters.

Fun is subjective.

apparently your definition of fun doesn't drive rating either.

Arguing subjective things like entertaining and fun is pointless, there are simply too many variables. I think Kansas St losing is fun, but I don't care enough to watch their games. I don't watch Rutgers much unless they play Nebraska. I do watch what I find compelling matchups regardless of conference affiliation though. I would guess a good number of viewers choose what they watch similarly. Thus games that are good quality matchups will drive the ratings. Matchups between ranked teams draw better ratings than a matchup between bottom feeders. Quality matters.
The same games top the ratings every year regardless of records/what’s at stake nationally (quality).

That metric is not without bias, and it is loser fodder for dweebs.

The same games top the ratings every year regardless of records/what’s at stake nationally (quality).

You are better than the jelly of the month club. Haha gift that keeps on giving. Never change. You do bring laughter to the off season

Reactions: Huskers123456

C'mon dude. good games with good teams draw ratings - (quality)

Nobody watches bad teams play bad teams - (regardless of record)

GRgl7Lvb0AEqLd1

• Haha
Reactions: TFrazier

What is your point here? Nebraska is #9 in football revenue, 19 spots in front of KSU, almost doubling the revenue of the Mildcats. Nebraska is #19 in basketball revenue, 7 spots in front of KSU and $2 million more in revenue. We aren’t even a basketball school.

Thanks for proving the point, Nebraska has always been and always will be more relevant than KSU.

Reactions: HBK4life
What is your point here? Nebraska is #9 in football revenue, 19 spots in front of KSU, almost doubling the revenue of the Mildcats. Nebraska is #19 in basketball revenue, 7 spots in front of KSU and $2 million more in revenue. We aren’t even a basketball school.

Thanks for proving the point, Nebraska has always been and always will be more relevant than the KSU.
goodness. it's just interesting data.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT