ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Armstrong

It takes more than 1 guy to win games. It's a team effort. Frost and staff didn't ever seem to have the team prepared.
While you're correct, as one small example, it would have taken Cam Jurgens about one game instead of 1.5 seasons to figure out how to put a shotgun snap on Armstrong's frame. Even though it was smaller than AM's frame.

While you're correct, as one small example, it would have taken Cam Jurgens about one game instead of 1.5 seasons to figure out how to put a shotgun snap on Armstrong's frame. Even though it was smaller than AM's frame.
You are an idiot with this take.

• Haha
Reactions: RBigredMax
Our lack of QB heart was at the very heart of why we we lost games.

You dont lose so maby one possession games with a strong minded QB.

Not championship worthy but bowl game worthy.
I respectfully disagree, we lost games because we had a HC and OC that didn’t prepare his teams well enough. And Tommy would have fallen into the same Category IMO.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Wouldn’t rank him among the great Husker QBs, but I always really liked Armstrong as well. Remember when NU was totally going to turn the corner because TA was finally gone and Tanner Lee was taking over?

I still remember when Husker Nation wanted to bench the QB and was calling for Tommy. He wasn't ready yet. But the next year, he lit it up.

If TA was on this team the last 4 years we would have won a lot more games. He'd have burned Memorial to the ground before accepting the apathy a lot of our coaches and players championed.
I respectfully disagree even though you might be right.

TA would have been as poorly managed as AM was in being continually put on the field when he was far short of being 100% and/or suffering from repeated turnovers in a game.

TA was and is a warrior, though. But so was AM. AM was just horribly mismanaged.

While true, I think one guy in leadership could have held many others more accountable than AM ever seemed to. That does matter.

Furthermore, TA was clutch in tight one score games. He was basically the opposite of Martinez. AM looked the part, always said the right things and looked like an all American for 2-3 quarters. But would choke away every opportunity to win or put a team away in the 4th quarter.

Tommy almost always made a huge run(or two) and/or some huge throws in the 4th quarter to propel the team to victory. He never looked the part and did a lot of unconventional improvisation. But he damn sure competed his ass off for 4 quarters and made plays in the 4th quarter when we needed them most.

Reactions: dpnavy and timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT