ADVERTISEMENT

Tom O Currently on Finebaum

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
Taking playoff selection. It's hard to listen to him anymore. Lot's of broken sentences and pauses.

Talked playoffs and how he created the run in the 90's. Said great athletes, coaches that were all together for awhile, and that he had a culture that athletes sacrificed for the greater good. Also said '93 team was the most sad for that team.

Talked about going for 2 in '83. Went for two because he had a coaches poll vote, and said he wouldn't vote for a team who settled for a tie if it wasn't him. Also said we had a great QB, and was unfortunate that the ball got tipped because he had a great matchup with the back coming out in the flat.

Taking playoff selection. It's hard to listen to him anymore. Lot's of broken sentences and pauses.

Talked playoffs and how he created the run in the 90's. Said great athletes, coaches that were all together for awhile, and that he had a culture that athletes sacrificed for the greater good. Also said '93 team was the most sad for that team.

Talked about going for 2 in '83. Went for two because he had a coaches poll vote, and said he wouldn't vote for a team who settled for a tie if it wasn't him. Also said we had a great QB, and was unfortunate that the ball got tipped because he had a great matchup with the back coming out in the flat.
He's been slipping for a while. Sucks to get old.

I hear people say it sucks to get old all the time.
I disagree.
I think it sucks way more not to get old.
I have a map I paid a lot of money for that shows the general location of the Fountain of Youth. I bought it from a slick guy parked outside my bank. When I find the fountain, I won't have to worry about either option you mention.

I hear people say it sucks to get old all the time.
I disagree.
I think it sucks way more not to get old.
It depends. I've seen people (including myself recently) for whom death didn't seem like such a bad option to getting older given their situation. Morphine is a wonderful drug, There's worse things than dying.

It depends. I've seen people (including myself recently) for whom death didn't seem like such a bad option to getting older given their situation. Morphine is a wonderful drug, There's worse things than dying.
My brother is at that point, too, Dingle. Get some counseling ASAP.

My brother is at that point, too, Dingle. Get some counseling ASAP.
No counseling needed. You misunderstand. I am referring to severe medical conditions. I spent a week in the hospital recently and if not for morphine the pain would have been unbearable. I've made a complete recovery but let me tell you when you're in that state where death isn't that far off and the pain is excruciating, death doesn't seem like such a bad option. As a Christian I probably look at death differently than most. I've witnessed too many people over the last 20 years in excruciating pain where death came far too slowly. There's worse things than death and for Christians there is a promise of better things to come.

No counseling needed. You misunderstand. I am referring to severe medical conditions. I spent a week in the hospital recently and if not for morphine the pain would have been unbearable. I've made a complete recovery but let me tell you when you're in that state where death isn't that far off and the pain is excruciating, death doesn't seem like such a bad option. As a Christian I probably look at death differently than most. I've witnessed too many people over the last 20 years in excruciating pain where death came far too slowly. There's worse things than death and for Christians there is a promise of better things to come.

Right on, brother.

I'm happy that you recovered.

he has always had pauses and measures his words around reporters.

I remember noticing a big difference in his voice and his speaking mannerism after he had the bypass surgery in 1985. Watching interviews with him circa 1982, '83, '84 and then watching him speak after his surgery, I could see definite changes.

I didn't know.
All of my love.

I though it was a great interview! Painful to listen to? What the hell are you talking about? The guy ain't no spring chicken you know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT