ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Herman

Or just don't write anything at all. You aren't changing any opinions with your posts, I doubt anyone cares if you become a sheep, or fat, dumb and happy about anything. Your posts have about the same effect that antirowboat's polls about new head coaches do.
Ok, that's it, I'm stepping things up a notch now.

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Why would they leave Miami and Arkansas to coach for a lame duck at Nebraska?
I think for Lashlee, Miami's head guy might get canned this year, so it could be a real possibility for him. No idea on Briles, just more stating what I've heard from a couple of folks. They just said there has been some chatter on those two names.

Reactions: headcard
I think for Lashlee, Miami's head guy might get canned this year, so it could be a real possibility for him. No idea on Briles, just more stating what I've heard from a couple of folks. They just said there has been some chatter on those two names.
Manny Diaz is definitely getting the boot in Miami. He's well on his way to being a horrible defensive coordinator again.

The SC job, in my opinion, is highly overrated. Pete Carroll was able to turn them into a dominant program over a period of about 6 years in the 00s but before and after that it's been very stagnant. Yes there is talent in So Cal but there are also a lot of external forces at work in that state that are leading to less than optimal results. The area that USC is in isn't even a nice area in what I consider a crappy city. I used to live in south Orange County and we never wanted to go north of Anaheim if we didn't have to. Traffic, smog, crime..it all adds up. With Democrats in control of that state things are even worse. There is a reason that the best athletes fly all the way to Alabama, etc to find the best chance of success. If Franklin leaves his current job for that one I think he'll regret it in a matter of 2-3 seasons.
"with Dems in control of that state"!! WTF....what's your agenda? this doesn't deserve to be on this site and certainly doesn't affect the state of college football there. My Gawd...

Every assistant coach in America knows they are on 1 or 2 year deals. That is the nature of the game. Hell a guy that gets brought up all the time, Ciarrocca, signed a deal at Penn St only to be let go because the Texas OC got fired.
No assistant coach thinks they are signing a long term deal
Yup. I have really only heard of 2 year deals. Maybe some of the top coordinators out there have longer ones, but not 95%

"with Dems in control of that state"!! WTF....what's your agenda? this doesn't deserve to be on this site and certainly doesn't affect the state of college football there. My Gawd...
Unless a coach leans left and is in favor of the current Biden agenda, it most certainly affects the state of college football there. If a coach is being courted by say Miami or Southern Cal, why would he take USC? Access to 4 and 5 star players is equal, fan support is the equal, piss poor, but equal. The only real difference would be compensation package. At USC the take home pay on a $5,000,000 annual salary is $2,485,391, in Florida the take home would be about $3,066,018. $600,000 per year. Ha ha the DIFFERENCE between the 2 is about equal the annual salary of 9 of us on this board. Annual average salary of a Nebraskan is roughly $65,000. The typical person on this board will leave a job to make $10k more annually, let alone $600,000k more annually.

Of course the political climate in a state matters.

Reactions: Sinomatic

Briles already makes $1 million/year and coaches in the SEC, there's no way he's leaving that to come here.

Lashlee might be available, but his offenses haven't exactly lit it up at Miami, even though he has a ton of talent and competes in a very weak ACC conference.

Reactions: WHCSC
Briles already makes $1 million/year and coaches in the SEC, there's no way he's leaving that to come here.

Lashlee might be available, but his offenses haven't exactly lit it up at Miami, even though he has a ton of talent and competes in a very weak ACC conference.
Yeah, I highly doubt they come either. Briles I would be more excited about than Lashlee, as you said, Miami hasn't looked that good on O, but I do like that he has basically been with Malzahn,.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT