ADVERTISEMENT

Today’s Severe and Benning show

WhoaDonkey

Jul 15, 2021
In segment 3 of today’s show Benning was talking about how he didn’t like one of the interactions on the sideline and he would have told that player to take a seat, was he referencing Yant?

I went back through the game back to the series where Yant went the wrong way, but couldn’t find any sideline interactions.

I was wondering why Yant didnt see many snaps. I inly got to see part of the game as I was working. I started to rewatch the game and on Yants first play he completely wiffed on a blitzing linebacker. Not sure why play Benning was talking about.

I was wondering why Yant didnt see many snaps. I inly got to see part of the game as I was working. I started to rewatch the game and on Yants first play he completely wiffed on a blitzing linebacker. Not sure why play Benning was talking about.
Another play on 2nd and 1, Yant ran right into Adrian for the handoff, his momentum completely stopped, and we lost a yard for 3rd and 2. If he fields it cleanly, we get the first.

But we didn’t get the first on 3rd and 2.

I’m pretty sure it was Yant, and that was the play in question.

In segment 3 of today’s show Benning was talking about how he didn’t like one of the interactions on the sideline and he would have told that player to take a seat, was he referencing Yant?

I went back through the game back to the series where Yant went the wrong way, but couldn’t find any sideline interactions.
It also may have been after a play they mentioned on the show where Yant ran to the edge and slowed to try to cut back around two quicker/smaller defenders instead of just running them over for another 4+ yards.

Kid was making mistakes. Still would have liked to give him another few snaps later on.

But he's young and learning, going to be a monster if he keeps improving

Reactions: headcard
Kid was making mistakes. Still would have liked to give him another few snaps later on.

But he's young and learning, going to be a monster if he keeps improving
I agree. 4th and 1 he would be a huge asset even if you fake it to him up the middle and run and option to the outside. Teams would have to respect his size at least.

Rahmir was playing well. Yant wasn’t. It is as simple as that. We all bitch on here all the time about how Nebraska under Frost always seems to lose close games due to self inflicted mistakes. This was a close game against a good team. Frost didn’t want to lose based on dumb ass mistakes by a Freshman running back. He played the guy he thought gave us the best chance to win.

Rahmir was playing well. Yant wasn’t. It is as simple as that. We all bitch on here all the time about how Nebraska under Frost always seems to lose close games due to self inflicted mistakes. This was a close game against a good team. Frost didn’t want to lose based on dumb ass mistakes by a Freshman running back. He played the guy he thought gave us the best chance to win.
It would be nice to see Morrison get a few more opportunities. Hopefully he won’t be a bust.

Yant definitely was playing lousy, based upon 4 carries.

you have to keep it simple for yant, when your at the goal line you hand him the ball, then say 1 big mac for 1 touchdown..it's as simple as that. lets not have him zigzag'in all over the place in a left coast monstrosity.

north/south, maybe a lil cut, 6 points. we went thru the same problem figuring out what cross's best role was.

Which is why I said Yant should have seen carries against Buffalo and Fordham...I see why the coaches cannot trust him vs Michigan in crucial situations

Reactions: oldjar07
It would be nice to see Morrison get a few more opportunities. Hopefully he won’t be a bust.
Last year was a bit of a mess for him, and it seems he’s real close this year. RB was a tight competition. That competition should elevate everyone’s game. Rahmir is the benefactor of having the “hot hand” I guess, including earning trust.
Morrison has looked good to me with limited touches. I hope he stays. Scott on the other hand I imagine will hit the portal.

Reactions: BleedRed78
That was part of his weight issue doghouse
Never really had a problem with Damien Daniels only being able to play 3-4 plays in a row earlier in his career. Then last year a handful at a time. This year a few more plays at a time and then a breather.

They don't call him "Snacks" for nothing.

He's still been one helluva asset to that defensive line even though he needs his breathers.

I think the "weight" issue early with Yant was likely a screen cause he must have been lacking in knowing enough of the playbook.

Always different rules for different players. Kids aren't stupid.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Where we needed to see yant was on the series we didn't kick the fg
agree, or….our 4th year starting QB has to know on 4th and 2 on the 4 that eventually you might just have to plant your foot and surge ahead and hope u gain 2 yds instead of getting strung out towards the sideline. Complete bonehead play on adrians part.

Yant definitely was playing lousy, based upon 4 carries.
A freshman busts one play costing us a first down maybe you give him a second chance. He busts another and misses a blitz pickup and it's time for him to watch the game from the sidelines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT