ADVERTISEMENT

To those who think we can't get a good coach or we will never be good again.

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
I posted this in another thread but I feel its important to post separate. Your attitude is important.

1) You have to ditch the attitude of defeat that you carry. Then you find all those who think like you do in the Athletic department and in each sport and you encourage them to move on or move to a different department or different state. The very first thing every winner does is make sure their attitude is right. Every single person has one thing in common. "Your behavior will always follow your attitude!!" Now will having a positive attitude change everything and suddenly we win the Big Ten west, the Big Ten and a National Championship? No way! but you will never win with a defeatist attitude. A defeatist attitude is like cancer. It only takes one single cell to destroy an entire body. That is why as a leader I spend more time listening, way more time, than I do giving out direction. I'm telling you if you don't have a goal that is the best than your life will never reach its potential nor will whatever you lead ever reach its potential as well.

2) You are right every team is on tv now. THATS A POSITIVE!! (you see it as a negative I see it as a positive because thats my attitude) Its great everyone is on tv now because if not everyone was on tv who would want to put Nebraska on tv?!!! SELL IT ! We are on tv, come and everyone will see you help us build a championship caliber team. We need you. Coming to Nebraska it will build your character, we will install in you a positive attitude, we will teach you that when your effort supersedes your ability thats when you hit your potential. You can be a hero at Nebraska. SELL THE CHALLENGE! Winners want to be challenged! Average people want to take up space, and losers want it handed to them.

3) Who wouldn't want to come to Nebraska?

a-Tradition

b- top 10 in revenue which means you want it, and you present a case it will help you get it. Price is not an issue.

c- Fan support- The sell out streak is proof. We are only major college team in the state and the entire states heart, dreams, and vision is in your hands.

These are POSITIVES! Why are you selling this state short? Very seldom do coaches get hired into a program where everything is going well. If it was going well why would they be needing a new coach or AD? They are all dumpster fires!

I agree our stadium seating is awful. More seats in the end zone than between the 20's. There are some things you can control and there are some things you can't. The things you can't control don't worry about!

I'm just telling you Nebraska is a great place to be an AD and a coach. We have everything you need, and want. Nobody wants to win more than Husker fans and we will hold you accountable to that standard of winning. As a competitor why would you want anything but that? We will celebrate the wins, and ask you to do better than just win. We will moan and groan at the losses, this is proof we care. We will demand improvement and correction. When you do improve we will give you credit and praise your effort. We are competitors here at Nebraska. Our lives here in Nebraska are not easy, but it is rewarding and we want you as a coach and AD to be the face of that. That is why there is no place like Nebraska!

That is why as a leader I spend more time listening, way more time, than I do giving out direction. I'm telling you if you don't have a goal that is the best than your life will never reach its potential nor will whatever you lead ever reach its potential as well.

...otherwise you will be living in a van down by the river

Sounds like you're an "energy bus" kind of guy.

don't know what the energy bus is other than Sean was a fan of it. I will say this just because someone was a fan of something and they got fired does that mean everything they liked is bad? People fail all the time, learn from it.

I really don't know what the energy bus is but what I do follow is history and reading what successful people have done and do.

We'll probably fire the next coach after 4.

Exactly, whatever coach comes here will want to implement his own offense and defense. He'll probably lose some games to less talented teams during the transition. And the fans and boosters will be howling after 2 years. What coach wants to step into this mess?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Exactly, whatever coach comes here will want to implement his own offense and defense. He'll probably lose some games to less talented teams during the transition. And the fans and boosters will be howling after 2 years. What coach wants to step into this mess?

Almost every coach steps into this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT