ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ahman Green joins us to discuss his new role at UNL, memories as a Husker, program's future and more

Zack Carpenter

All-American
Staff
May 19, 2022
Ahman Green has returned to Nebraska, moving back to Lincoln earlier this year to begin a full-time role with the university. He is a lecturer at the school right now, and he will officially become the director and head coach of the school's esports program in the fall once the program launches later this year.

Green took the time to sit down with me for an interview over Zoom. You can watch that interview or listen to it in the links below. Here's a rundown of the discussion:

>>> In the first half of the interview, Green goes into detail about his new role at UNL and gives more background about esports, the university's program and how it can be beneficial in the lives of Nebraska students. (2:02)

>>> Then, we dive into some of his favorite memories during his playing days at Nebraska, including how Tom Osborne and the rest of the staff prepared him for a successful career. (19:45)

>>> He then shares thoughts on some of the Husker running backs and what advice he would give them as they continue their college careers. (23:15)

>>> We wrap up with Green talking about the future of the Husker program, including what he thinks of the new staff's push to center the offense around a strong running game, his expectations for the Huskers to compete for Big Ten championships and what could be on the horizon in Lincoln. (29:05)

>>> Please note: As said in the introduction, we recorded the interview in early March prior to spring ball. Almost the entire interview remains relevant and up-to-date, minus a couple minor parts that I edited out of the podcast.

YouTube:

Apple Podcasts:

Spotify:

Last edited:
I always remember when he decided to leave for the NFL, my dad saying yeah he is ready. Always stuck with me for some reason.

I always remember when he decided to leave for the NFL, my dad saying yeah he is ready. Always stuck with me for some reason.
Amazing with his size and speed he was only a 3rd round pick. He ran a 4.17 at the NFL combine!! Seattle didn't even play him. Then my Packers grab him and boom. All time leading rusher!! Packers HOF.

Last edited:
I was 11 when he declared and I remember feeling hurt and betrayed. I was too young to understand it, just thought he was choosing to leave. Funny how you remember that stuff.

Reactions: HuskerO
I was 11 when he declared and I remember feeling hurt and betrayed. I was too young to understand it, just thought he was choosing to leave. Funny how you remember that stuff.
Yeah I was 9. Definitely funny. So much I don't remember or understand, but I'll never forget that.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Ahman Green has returned to Nebraska, moving back to Lincoln earlier this year to begin a full-time role with the university. He is a lecturer at the school right now, and he will officially become the director and head coach of the school's esports program in the fall once the program launches later this year.

Green took the time to sit down with me for an interview over Zoom. You can watch that interview or listen to it in the links below. Here's a rundown of the discussion:

>>> In the first half of the interview, Green goes into detail about his new role at UNL and gives more background about esports, the university's program and how it can be beneficial in the lives of Nebraska students. (2:02)

>>> Then, we dive into some of his favorite memories during his playing days at Nebraska, including how Tom Osbourne and the rest of the staff prepared him for a successful career. (19:45)

>>> He then shares thoughts on some of the Husker running backs and what advice he would give them as they continue their college careers. (23:15)

>>> We wrap up with Green talking about the future of the Husker program, including what he thinks of the new staff's push to center the offense around a strong running game, his expectations for the Huskers to compete for Big Ten championships and what could be on the horizon in Lincoln. (29:05)

>>> Please note: As said in the introduction, we recorded the interview in early March prior to spring ball. Almost the entire interview remains relevant and up-to-date, minus a couple minor parts that I edited out of the podcast.

YouTube:

Apple Podcasts:

Spotify:

Tom Osbourne,……
Really?

Amazing with his size and speed he was only a 3rd round pick. He ran a 4.17 at the NFL combine!! Seattle didn't even play him. Then my Packers grab him and boom. All time leading rusher!! Packers HOF.

4.17​

Ahman Green (Nebraska) posted a 4.17 back in 1998. Green played 11 seasons for three different NFL franchises.

The four-time Pro Bowler is in the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and is the all-time rushing leader in Packer history.

What I remember most is the acceleration after the cut. My God you knew when that happened it was over and we took our shots before he got to the end zone. Most of the time we were passed out before the game was over. Back when me and my boys were 25 & 26.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT