ADVERTISEMENT

TO, Rhule, & Alberts Conversation

Trev hosting a chinwag about football on the first full day of March madness when he should be focused on who will be replacing Hoiberg … embarrassing … cheap PR stunt to distract the dim-witted from how ineptly the basketball program is being run

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WHCSC and mgbreis
Trev hosting a chinwag about football on the first full day of March madness when he should be focused on who will be replacing Hoiberg … embarrassing … cheap PR stunt to distract the dim-witted from how ineptly the basketball program is being run
There are posters here I generally agree with and those I generally disagree with. You are one of those I generally agree with, but in this case I think you are being unnecessarily harsh. A good CEO can walk and chew gum at the same time. In this case he can have an informative sit down with a legend and the new coach four days before spring practice starts and nine days before the biggest recruiting weekend in program history, and still be more worried than we are about a basketball program that sucks. This AD is arranging a freaking volleyball game in Memorial Stadium because his ass is chapped Whisky has the volleyball attendance record. I can't believe someone that competitive hasn't noticed his basketball program is horrible and wants to fix it.

And anyway, I appreciate the steady drip drip drip of football news the university and Rhule have been putting out lately. Sure as hell beats Frost and Pelini's "I'd rather be having a root canal" interviews they used to grunt out.

There are posters here I generally agree with and those I generally disagree with. You are one of those I generally agree with, but in this case I think you are being unnecessarily harsh. A good CEO can walk and chew gum at the same time. In this case he can have an informative sit down with a legend and the new coach four days before spring practice starts and nine days before the biggest recruiting weekend in program history, and still be more worried than we are about a basketball program that sucks. This AD is arranging a freaking volleyball game in Memorial Stadium because his ass is chapped Whisky has the volleyball attendance record. I can't believe someone that competitive hasn't noticed his basketball program is horrible and wants to fix it.

And anyway, I appreciate the steady drip drip drip of football news the university and Rhule have been putting out lately. Sure as hell beats Frost and Pelini's "I'd rather be having a root canal" interviews they used to grunt out.
He’s shared in other threads that he does this to try to get a rise out of certain posters like myself. He enjoys trolling fans who breathe Nebraska football. Not sure why, but oh well. To each his own.

Ehh, feels forced. Maybe try to catch them all together at a baseball game or something? Husker Nation doesn’t need this created round table discussion, we’re N! Let’s see some “organic”spring practices, and a Spring Game.

Ehh, feels forced. Maybe try to catch them all together at a baseball game or something? Husker Nation doesn’t need this created round table discussion, we’re N! Let’s see some “organic”spring practices, and a Spring Game.
It feels forced because it is forced. But it doesn’t mean it was bad. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it sure is nice to see a coach who knows how to play the media game and wants to present his best all the time as opposed to what we’ve had in the past.

I'm enjoying this video. I will have to finish it up later as I have to go to work. But the chairs are way too big. They swallow up the guys, especially Coach Osborne. They need to sit upright instead of lounging. They weren't meant for interviews.

Really good discussion. Let's hope Matt can bring back the toughness to our team we haven't had in awhile. That win on the road toughness. Come from behind toughness. Get a lead and keep a lead by pounding teams in the 4th quarter toughness. Just win toughness!! GBR!!

Im too young to appreciate the greatness of Tom Osborne, I enjoyed listening to him speak about the past and what worked then and how it can still work now. Very intelligent man.

It feels forced because it is forced. But it doesn’t mean it was bad. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it sure is nice to see a coach who knows how to play the media game and wants to present his best all the time as opposed to what we’ve had in the past.
Just feels like PR vomiting now. Don’t get me wrong, I like the same things about Matt Rhule as you and everyone else do. Now it’s time to focus on this Spring. I’m not saying that he’s not focused either. I’m just hungry to see him on the field working with the team, as I’m sure everyone else is as well.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT