ADVERTISEMENT

Time to pump the breaks on this seasons expectations?

I think our roster on paper is pretty average. We have a lot of players that could be on the verge of 'breaking out' which we would need to happen to make a bowl game. We return zero players who made even 3rd team all conference.

Highest from 2022:
Honorable Mention All B10 - Anthony Grant, Luke Reimer, Quinton Newsome

Reactions: tjlSker90
This is the same Cornhusker Juan that was talking shit to Malachi and His mom in their DMs when he hadn't committed. He's also dragged some others on twitter long ago.. He's a clown
Agree. This guy is a fvcktard. Does nothing but run his mouth and talk shit. Lives in his moms basement and screws her cats...he's that type of guy. Nothing to see here

Nothing has changed. Offense has a ton of potential. Defense is a question mark for me. If Sims is ok to good and stays healthy then things could get interesting on O. Grant is good. Ervin is a quality backup. Depth at wr with lots of different body types and skill sets. TE has tons of potential. Oline is a question mark but Scott and Nouelli should help big time.

I think our roster on paper is pretty average. We have a lot of players that could be on the verge of 'breaking out' which we would need to happen to make a bowl game. We return zero players who made even 3rd team all conference.

Highest from 2022:
Honorable Mention All B10 - Anthony Grant, Luke Reimer, Quinton Newsome
We’ve lost to so many supposed average rosters on paper over the years I’m not sure what to make of any statements saying as such

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Is that guy the same shittard as Juan effing Dixon? Moron. Douche fuking nozzle.

Back to the point though, our roster is indeed not great on paper, especially O line.
But, the intangibles: new staff, new schemes, new QB with P5 starting experience, some good young new players, weak division.
We can win 6-7 games, and I expect to frankly… I don’t expect 9+ nor do I expect under 5.

Could I see us winning just 5 or as many as 8? Sure. But I think 6-7 is totally reasonable.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Is that guy the same shittard as Juan effing Dixon? Moron. Douche fuking nozzle.

Back to the point though, our roster is indeed not great on paper, especially O line.
But, the intangibles: new staff, new schemes, new QB with P5 starting experience, some good young new players, weak division.
We can win 6-7 games, and I expect to frankly… I don’t expect 9+ nor do I expect under 5.

Could I see us winning just 5 or as many as 8? Sure. But I think 6-7 is totally reasonable.
We’ll sink or swim with how Sims performs in my opinion.

Sims is either seen as a guy who couldn’t do much at Ga Tech, or a guy with pro level skills who was surrounded by a shitty team.

Colorado horrible
2 even worse non P5 schools
NW - terrible
Purdue - lost by 6 - their coach left
Illinois - was leading until our starting QB was hurt
Minn - lost by 7 playing high school level QBs (smothers and Purdy)
Wisc - lost in the last minutes - they hired a new coach
Iowa - we beat on the road
MSU - not good - lots of player defections including starting QB
Maryland is Maryland

All this while being coached by a felon

If we can’t get to 6 wins we should have saved the money and just hired Ryan Held for 2 million a year

Last edited:
Optimism for Nebraska football is literally the definition of a bad decision, especially if optimism leads to cynicism. There isn't a single data point that would lead to the logical conclusion that we will win more than 3 games. Every other team works out, works as hard as us, has millionaire coaches who are professionals, experienced, fan bases who are rabid, and all of our opponents have a few good players, and a bunch of average d1 guys who won't play beyond this level. I am pretty confident we would have been winless without Trey Palmer last year and we lost our top two defensive players on top of losing our starting qb and our all-american level WR. The only good news is there is a lot of roster turnover everywhere else and so losing players are replaced with guys who haven't lost yet. Sadly this isn't a single coach problem, the losing was historical under Mike R as well and was compounded by Frosty. I'll watch every game and enjoy the 3 wins and well played losses and hope for a day when games might matter in November and December. But it will be a while.

Optimism for Nebraska football is literally the definition of a bad decision, especially if optimism leads to cynicism. There isn't a single data point that would lead to the logical conclusion that we will win more than 3 games. Every other team works out, works as hard as us, has millionaire coaches who are professionals, experienced, fan bases who are rabid, and all of our opponents have a few good players, and a bunch of average d1 guys who won't play beyond this level. I am pretty confident we would have been winless without Trey Palmer last year and we lost our top two defensive players on top of losing our starting qb and our all-american level WR. The only good news is there is a lot of roster turnover everywhere else and so losing players are replaced with guys who haven't lost yet. Sadly this isn't a single coach problem, the losing was historical under Mike R as well and was compounded by Frosty. I'll watch every game and enjoy the 3 wins and well played losses and hope for a day when games might matter in November and December. But it will be a while.
Thanks for stopping by. Why don’t you close the door on your way out?

We may go 2-10. But we also may go 10-2. Our roster is not great but it isn’t a dumpster fire either. The biggest issue is new coaches, new system, and tons of new players. How fast can it all mesh? We may damn well start the season 2-3 before things begin to gel.

Nobody knows shit right now. Nobody.

The twittet BetMGM national title odds are click bait. These guys love the gullible Nebraska fans. Vegas Insider shows Nebraska ranking somewhere in the 40s to win it all. Colorado has better odds. The list of shit teams in front of Nebraska is pure comedy.

The roster is manageable but will be lucky to place 3rd in the west. Rhule is gonna have some humble pie this year.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Iowa sucks giant donkey balls.

What's thus "we" sh!t? Did you forget what board you're on?

What's thus "we" sh!t? Did you forget what board you're on?
Just more proof the “rivalry” is one-sided

Imagine a Nebraska fan posing as an iowa fan? Never

Heck, we have many folks here who proudly admit they root for both teams. I don’t believe the iowa contingent can say the same.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT