ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger quit

The guy could barely walk yesterday and was looking at playing 32 holes today. It’s a miracle the guy can even go out there and make the top 50 after two rounds in cold weather. He didn’t “quit”. His body just couldn’t do it any more. But yeah, let’s pile on the guy for it because haters gotta hate.

The guy could barely walk yesterday and was looking at playing 32 holes today. It’s a miracle the guy can even go out there and make the top 50 after two rounds in cold weather. He didn’t “quit”. His body just couldn’t do it any more. But yeah, let’s pile on the guy for it because haters gotta hate.

Acknowledge that he is injured, but it is the way almost the entire golf industry puts him on a pedestal for the tiniest thing. A more monumental achievement was in 1986 when Nicklaus won the Masters at age 46. Tiger is the 2nd greatest golfer of all time - just not a God/god as portrayed.

Acknowledge that he is injured, but it is the way almost the entire golf industry puts him on a pedestal for the tiniest thing. A more monumental achievement was in 1986 when Nicklaus won the Masters at age 46. Tiger is the 2nd greatest golfer of all time - just not a God/god as portrayed.
Nicklaus holds the record for most runner-up finishes in majors with 19. Nicklaus holds the record for most top-five finishes in major championships with 56. In other words, the best!

He could’ve been the greatest. Major discipline in the sport, with a major lack of it in his personal life. He used to scare the crap out of other golfers when he was in his prime because he was pretty much unbeatable.

Golf is just following the money. Tiger brought the game a level of popularity and money it never knew before. He continues to drive up interest and ratings…right or wrong, it’s true. Golf continues to showcase him because people watch it. Get people to take an interest in other golfers like they do tiger, and he’ll go away. The problem is, most people don’t care about any other golfer. And the tour is terrified tiger will retire and they’ll lose ratings and money because they have no one even close to tiger in terms of popularity.

Poor Tiger. It’s so hard walking around and hitting a ball 😰
Anyone can participate in golf. Have a buddy 6'3 weighs 160 lbs and can drive a golf ball like you wouldn't believe. But he can't play tennis, basketball, won't play football, can't hit a baseball. Alot of fat people love golf. Get out there with a six pk of beer, cart
Nicklaus holds the record for most runner-up finishes in majors with 19. Nicklaus holds the record for most top-five finishes in major championships with 56. In other words, the best!
Who? Had to look him up. All the big names are gone in golf!! Mickelson was the last unfortunately

I don’t consider wrestling a sport..

I’m guessing you never ever had success playing golf. It’s not as easy as it looks like when the pros are playing..
Never tried it fella. I would never pay the kind of money people do for clubs, bags, carts, beer, clothing, golf shoes lol just to look like one of those lol. But hey if it works for you. Go for it!

Reactions: scarletred
Golf is just following the money. Tiger brought the game a level of popularity and money it never knew before. He continues to drive up interest and ratings…right or wrong, it’s true. Golf continues to showcase him because people watch it. Get people to take an interest in other golfers like they do tiger, and he’ll go away. The problem is, most people don’t care about any other golfer. And the tour is terrified tiger will retire and they’ll lose ratings and money because they have no one even close to tiger in terms of popularity.
He changed the purses, he changed courses, he brought so many new players in to the PGA.

I suppose one could argue that with the purses so high and endorsement money so big now, that the new awesome golfers only need to be "awesome" for a. few. years and they are set for life.

Back in. Jack's day, he got 144K for wining the Masters and. that was. in 1986. This year the winner gets 3.2 million.

It is also much more of an international game now, with players from all over the world.

Never tried it fella. I would never pay the kind of money people do for clubs, bags, carts, beer, clothing, golf shoes lol just to look like one of those lol. But hey if it works for you. Go for it!
You have never played? Not even once?

I have a friend that only played once, back in our 20's...then 20 some years later decided to try again and loves it.

Reactions: dinglefritz
When your retired there is nothing better than playing golf, playing full court basketball is no longer a desire I had when I was younger..

Just spent $1,100 on new irons, went to graphite because I’m now 65 and have a slower speed swing…

A major league player presently that played for Nebraska won’t play any golf till he is retired from the MLB because he doesn’t want to screw up his swing and misses playing very much so..

When your retired there is nothing better than playing golf, playing full court basketball is no longer a desire I had when I was younger..

Just spent $1,100 on new irons, went to graphite because I’m now 65 and have a slower speed swing…

A major league player presently that played for Nebraska won’t play any golf till he is retired from the MLB because he doesn’t want to screw up his swing and misses playing very much so..
I get it now.. Enjoy 😉

You have never played? Not even once?

I have a friend that only played once, back in our 20's...then 20 some years later decided to try again and loves it.
Anything I do I take serious. In other words I would want to be good so therefore, would have to spend time at it. I just can't see taking the time and money to be lazy for a day and loaf around a groomed field basically chasing a little ball four days minimum a week.
And than to be a member of a club. NO! Never doing that. But enjoy. I get it for the ones that do lol

Anyone can participate in golf. Have a buddy 6'3 weighs 160 lbs and can drive a golf ball like you wouldn't believe. But he can't play tennis, basketball, won't play football, can't hit a baseball. Alot of fat people love golf. Get out there with a six pk of beer, cart

Who? Had to look him up. All the big names are gone in golf!! Mickelson was the last unfortunately
Yep you don’t have to be athletic to be good at golf. I guess that’s why I hate it so much. I’m very competitive. Can’t stand some fat slob being better at me at a sport when I workout 5 days a week and do cardio. Can’t athlete yourself to being good at golf.

But if your good at golf and in good shape your it does help your game. The irony of all this, this is what Tiger brought to the game. He showed what lifting and working out can add to your game. Less guys look like John Daly now. You can tell guys like Rory and Brooks lift. Granted there are still guys like Scottie Scheffler who have twig like arms that are amazing but seeing more and more fit guys on the tour after Tiger then before Tiger

And for the record, I’m getting older and still like to run full court. It’s all about T my friend and being inactive is not your friend as you hold on to the last but you got. Too many people use age as an excuse. It’s difficult at first but when you recharge that battery you will find age ain’t nothing but a number

Reactions: T...Chafes
Yep you don’t have to be athletic to be good at golf. I guess that’s why I hate it so much. I’m very competitive. Can’t stand some fat slob being better at me at a sport when I workout 5 days a week and do cardio. Can’t athlete yourself to being good at golf.

But if your good at golf and in good shape your it does help your game. The irony of all this, this is what Tiger brought to the game. He showed what lifting and working out can add to your game. Less guys look like John Daly now. You can tell guys like Rory and Brooks lift. Granted there are still guys like Scottie Scheffler who have twig like arms that are amazing but seeing more and more fit guys on the tour after Tiger then before Tiger

And for the record, I’m getting older and still like to run full court. It’s all about T my friend and being inactive is not your friend as you hold on to the last but you got. Too many people use age as an excuse. It’s difficult at first but when you recharge that battery you will find age ain’t nothing but a number
Congratulations on your tremendous physique and overall health. However, those things don’t make you an athlete. You have to have certain physical attributes to be a good golfer, just as you do any other sport.

Pretty much agree, but there are so many story lines and popular players that the PGA could promote — yet they don’t because they believe they can only brag up Tiger (and to a certain extent, Rory). Tiger, other than the 2019 Masters, has been an afterthought in most tournaments for close to 10 years. The PGA is like the NBA promoting Michael Jordan despite generally just being a ceremonial golfer.

Depends on your definition of athletic…

It takes tremendous hand-eye coordination and balance to be a great golfer. Also takes a tremendous amount of touch and fine motor skills. Those are all great athletic skills.

Reactions: maggs and kidofSN
Always enjoyed rooting for Tiger growing up. Though admittedly my opinion of him as a person went down after all the off course drama. Wasn't as big a fan after that.

That aside I still have nice memories of watching him play in his heyday. Was always a treat to watch him play the game. Kind of sucks to see him in this state but that's how it goes. One of the greatest golfers in history but father time takes no prisoners...

Reactions: BuckysBoys1
My heart really goes out to Tiger today. Especially today. Imagine sitting where he's sitting right now guys. Its just a sad thing to think about. Later I may have a good cry as I sit here all day thinking about it. Poor Tiger.

Does anybody still golf? The rich guys in Austin spend their money on expensive carbon fiber road bikes these days. No one under the age of 60 golfs.

So is it about golf being a sport or you not wanting to spend money on doing something that many other people find fun? Golf is not cheap. I don't play near as much as I use to, but I easily could spend more money playing golf than I do for my favorite sport, Skiing (which isn't cheap either).

I am betting you spend your money on something.

Does anybody still golf? The rich guys in Austin spend their money on expensive carbon fiber road bikes these days. No one under the age of 60 golfs.
This is a good example of people doing what they like and not understanding the love someone else has for another sport. Among my ski friends I am the only one who plays golf. They all like to ride their road bikes in the summer and all they talk about is how many miles they have ridden that week. I ride my little commuter bike all over in the summer to go somewhere like a store or downtown. I also have a beach cruiser to ride on the bike path along the river or up at the lake (Think bikinis). I find it so boring to go out to the country and just ride for miles. (I sold my road bike years ago)

When Covid was basically shutting down everything, golf course were packed (and of course socially distanced, relax Covid-Bros), it is probably more played/popular now than ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT