ADVERTISEMENT

Three greatest mysteries of modern times.....

Who shot JR? Do we really know or did the CIA cover up that one also?

How in the world was china allowed to hold the games after what they did to the world?

6. How in the hell is Russia still allowed to compete in the Olympics?
7. How in the double hell are athletes from Russia who are currently positive for performance enhancing drugs still allowed to compete in the Olympics?

I hope people will focus their arrows at Russia and not this girl. In some countries, you do what you're told or your family disappears, disobedience is not tolerated over there. Guarantee this girl has virtually zero say in what they inject into her body and is being put in a no-win situation here. Hate that her cloud is going to keep medal ceremonies from happening thereby ruining other's chance to celebrate but this is the fault of her government, not her own. In my humble opinion anyway

lyle-lovett-julia-roberts.jpg

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
4. Probably most important, how do we go from 1999 until now without a conference championship in football.

Talk about something that would of gotten you laughed at or smacked upside the head 20 some years ago… unreal!!!!

4. Probably most important, how do we go from 1999 until now without a conference championship in football.

Talk about something that would of gotten you laughed at or smacked upside the head 20 some years ago… unreal!!!!
We came close in 2009, had the refs not let Texass run that last play.

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
1. What DID happen to Amelia Earhart?
2. What, IF anything, did FDR know about a possible Japanese attack to start the war?
3.How can Fred have been SO GOOD at Condiment State and so bad here?
1. She and Fred Noonan rest on the seabed a few miles off Howland Island 16,000 ft underwater. She really wasn't that good of a pilot and didn't bother to learn how to use her radio and direction-finding equipment.

2. He knew.

3. He read his own clippings. He and the administration now know turning around the perennially bad program is going to take a coach who has people skills, which he does not have.

I have a funny Lyle Lovet story....

My fiancé's mom and her sister, and another friend, went to John Denver's funeral in Colorado (her family lived there growing up and still do). Her mom is the biggest John Denver fan ever, and wanted to go, they were not invited, they didn't expect to get in but thought WTF, and went. As they were wondering around outside the church, somebody they didn't know walked up to them and said, "We have your seat saved, come on inside" So these three ladies who didn't know a soul are now sitting near the front of John Denver's funeral and everyone is being so nice to them and treating them like they were expected and belonged. So it comes time to view the body and they get up to wait in line and standing right behind them was Lyle, My fiancé's mom turns to him and puts her hand on his arm and says "So nice that you could make it Lyle". as if she knew him, and everyone returns to their seats and the rest of the services play out and everyone left.

Fast forward to next month's People Magazine cover with John Denver on it celebrating the life and death of him...so they are thumbing thru the story and it interviews some of John's closest friends and relatives and one of the pictures is of one of John's friends, a lady, who is a dead ringer for my fiancé's mom, like so much so she was looking at the photos thinking they may have been taken at the church and the picture was of her and she was confused because she didn't own the clothes she was being shown in, and of course she figured out pretty quick it wasn't taken at the church and it wasn't her, but that's how and why everyone treated her like she was supposed to be there, and she was such a ringer for her nobody was the wiser. What they don't know was where was the real lady being shown in the People's article's during the funeral, was she in disguise? Not there at all? Who knows. But she met and touched Lyle that day.

Lastly, my fiancé's mom is such a people person that she struck up a friendship with John Denver's mom that day, a friendship that lasted until her death a few years later. To this day my fiancé's mom still attends John Denver's annual tribute in Aspen.

Last edited:

My fiancé's mom and her sister, and another friend, went to John Denver's funeral in Colorado (her family lived there growing up and still do). Her mom is the biggest John Denver fan ever, and wanted to go, they were not invited, they didn't expect to get in but thought WTF, and went. As they were wondering around outside the church, somebody they didn't know walked up to them and said, "We have your seat saved, come on inside" So these three ladies who didn't know a soul are now sitting near the front of John Denver's funeral and everyone is being so nice to them and treating them like they were expected and belonged. So it comes time to view the body and they get up to wait in line and standing right behind the was Lyle, My fiancé's mom turns to him and puts her hand on his arm and says "So nice that you could make it Lyle". as if she knew him, and everyone returns to their seats and the rest of the services play out and everyone left.

Fast forward to next month's People Magazine cover with John Denver on it celebrating the life and death of him...so they are thumbing thru the story and it interviews some of John's closest friends and relatives and one of the pictures is of one of John's friends, a lady, who is a dead ringer for my fiancé's mom, like so much so she was looking at the photos thinking they may have been taken at the church and the picture was of her and she was confused because she didn't own the clothes she was being shown in, and of course she figured out pretty quick it wasn't taken at the church and it wasn't her, but that's how and why everyone treated her like she was supposed to be there, and she was such a ringer for her nobody was the wiser. What they don't know was where was the real lady being shown in the People's article's during the funeral, was she in disguise? Not there at all? Who knows. But she met and touched Lyle that day.

Lastly, my fiancé's mom is such a people person that she struck up a friendship with John Denver's mom that day, a friendship that lasted until her death a few years later. To this day my fiancé's mom still attends John Denver's annual tribute in Aspen.
Funeral crashers??

My fiancé's mom and her sister, and another friend, went to John Denver's funeral in Colorado (her family lived there growing up and still do). Her mom is the biggest John Denver fan ever, and wanted to go, they were not invited, they didn't expect to get in but thought WTF, and went. As they were wondering around outside the church, somebody they didn't know walked up to them and said, "We have your seat saved, come on inside" So these three ladies who didn't know a soul are now sitting near the front of John Denver's funeral and everyone is being so nice to them and treating them like they were expected and belonged. So it comes time to view the body and they get up to wait in line and standing right behind them was Lyle, My fiancé's mom turns to him and puts her hand on his arm and says "So nice that you could make it Lyle". as if she knew him, and everyone returns to their seats and the rest of the services play out and everyone left.

That is an AWESOME story!!!!!

Reactions: huskerfan66
Quite the read and very interesting with a lot of technical facts
I have read a lot about the disappearance, watched all the documentaries and having worked for the Navy for many years, discussed the disappearance with guys who made it their hobby for a long time. None of them believe she landed on Gardner or were taken prisoner by the Japanese, or ended up living in New Jersey under a different name, or anything else. They all believe the ITASCA was familiar with the characteristics of the Western Electric Model 13C radio and when she was transmitting saying she was a hundred miles out the crew agreed the received signal was consistent with a 50W radio transmitting from 100 miles. Same with the other mileages she called out as she got closer. When she couldn't find Howland ITASCA knew she was virtually right on top of them, very close. Then her transmissions stopped. The guys I trust feel this is consistent with running out of gas, hitting the water and breaking up or sinking more or less intact with Earhart and Noonan unconscious or dead. They do not feel it is consistent with her flying over 350 miles to Gardner Island (or anywhere else) and choosing not to speak on the radio anymore. If the plane or parts of it are ever found, it will be in very deep water close to Howland Island. IMHO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT