ADVERTISEMENT

Thompkins

rchrisreade

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 3, 2005
With the Wandalemania and good vibes for Johnson and Mills, the recruit who seems to get the least amount of attention but also seems to have huge upside is Thompkins. Understanding that he was hurt this year. However 4 backs in the same recruiting class causes some degree of congestion and concern. What is the chances that he has to be moved to a different position?

Reactions: red scowl
Wandele will be more of a wideout than a RB ----Husk R position---and Thompkins has had TWO knee injuries (Jr and Sr year)

Also, Washington and Bradley (not sure of his future standing) are the only schollie running backs currently on the roster so no congestion.

I think there’s room for him to carve out a role, but I also think coaches are recruiting like he may never pan out given the two year stint of ACL injuries.
Coaches assured him they would honor the scholarship offer, so they’re doing the right thing for the kid. This goes a long way towards building and maintaining good relationships in Georgia, and specifically Grayson High. I know it impressed Grayson’s coach.

Wandele will be more of a wideout than a RB ----Husk R position---and Thompkins has had TWO knee injuries (Jr and Sr year)

Also, Washington and Bradley (not sure of his future standing) are the only schollie running backs currently on the roster so no congestion.
Don't forget Wyatt is also on scholly!

I think there’s room for him to carve out a role, but I also think coaches are recruiting like he may never pan out given the two year stint of ACL injuries.
Coaches assured him they would honor the scholarship offer, so they’re doing the right thing for the kid. This goes a long way towards building and maintaining good relationships in Georgia, and specifically Grayson High. I know it impressed Grayson’s coach.
I think I heard on the radio today that we just gave out a new offer to another RB FWIW. Our RB room is really thin right now

Reactions: TheBeav815
You have to plan on a redshirt year coming off a blown knee and anything better than that is a pleasant surprise. Big ask for a true freshman to adapt to everything about D1 football, college life, and then coming off a torn ligament besides. My guess would be we see him in 4 later games in 2019, likely on special teams.

With the Wandalemania and good vibes for Johnson and Mills, the recruit who seems to get the least amount of attention but also seems to have huge upside is Thompkins. Understanding that he was hurt this year. However 4 backs in the same recruiting class causes some degree of congestion and concern. What is the chances that he has to be moved to a different position?

None imo. Hes probably the "purest" RB outta the bunch. Praying they take it super slow with him and get him back healthy. If they can be will be an NFL calibur back.

Holla

I have noticed alot of our backs our tweeners, Mills is the exception. Thompkins has the most explosive ability of our recruits, how that will translate to college ball, after two knee surgeries, I don't know. You might never hear from him again, but you have to honor your word, or you're just a snowflake.

Reactions: ChristmasBOnus
John Bivens is another RB who is gonna visit in January.
I think most of the January visits will be contingent on what else happens. Just like the WV receiver whose visit for this weekend was cancelled right after Wandale flipped. Even though that WV receiver was very gung ho on visiting Lincoln, suddenly there just was no more room for him. That can easily happen with any recruits scheduled to visit in January.

I think most of the January visits will be contingent on what else happens. Just like the WV receiver whose visit for this weekend was cancelled right after Wandale flipped. Even though that WV receiver was very gung ho on visiting Lincoln, suddenly there just was no more room for him. That can easily happen with any recruits scheduled to visit in January.
Winston Wright. Kid has a cool name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT