ADVERTISEMENT

This team is cursed

c3o

Graduate Assistant
Apr 24, 2018
Poor kids. I’m tired of this crap to the point I’m beginning to lose interest. I can’t imagine how they feel

Reactions: WHCSC and K_Y_E
I tried to be positive but this just a loser program. Last game i will watch if they go to bowl which is highly improbable i will watch then. They dont deserve fan support

Reactions: K_Y_E and c3o
4-1 turnover and lose by a last sec fg. .
We get a 3 and out... int...another 3 and out and dumbass satt comes out with 5 min left after steamrolling the run game to throw it 3 times for 1 yard and a punt.. GTFO i see why SC wanted him gone

I mean, it was a tough environment and first game. They should learn. But I’m just sick of the lucky bullshit going against Nebraska. The kids deserve better.

Good thing we are on the road next week. Great work scheduling!!

No way to sugarcoat it. It’s simple. Massive fail across the board. Coaching. Exécution. And just overall decision making. You get what you deserve and this program deserves it based off of decisions and play on the field.

Its difficult to care anymore. Even in the second quarter I felt I wasnt as excited as I should be. Attributed it to thursday. Nope. Deep down I just knew.
2-14 or something in our last 16 one score games?
I wasnt even upset when it was over. I was upset I didnt go to bed.

No way to sugarcoat it. It’s simple. Massive fail across the board. Coaching. Exécution. And just overall decision making. You get what you deserve and this program deserves it based off of decisions and play on the field.
It really is amazing how from one staff to next this happens. Curse still intact,

Reactions: keilwitzg
Sims truly cost us the game. As good as he was running he took it all away with his arm.

Grant hurt too.

Defense was pretty good

I don’t think Sims can see the field. His last pick was cover one. One safety and he threw it to the only WR the safety could get to

I'm seriously starting to think that we may be cursed. Heck, the player that made the most mistakes (Sims) wasn't even here last year to have the mental trauma of what the other players have been through.

The statistical chance that we would continue to lose games this way has to be .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%.

Sims truly cost us the game. As good as he was running he took it all away with his arm.

Grant hurt too.

Defense was pretty good

I don’t think Sims can see the field. His last pick was cover one. One safety and he threw it to the only WR the safety could get to
Yeah the INT at the end of the first half was also brutal. Had a guy open at the front of the end zone, but if he didn’t see the open man, he has to throw it in the stands and salvage the FG.

First INT, on third and long, was somewhat forgivable. Other two were just awful.

No. It's roster and having better players. The coaching wasn't bad this time, other than maybe the decision to start Sims and not kicking the FG before the half.

I mean 4th and 10 and some 3 star WR from Dickball, North Dakota makes a Santonio Holmes catch on a perfect pass from The Greek Geek. This team is cursed
I never believed in curses until Bill Buckner let a ball roll between his legs, and yeah, Boston just seemed so cursed. Then, they twice won the WS, one after beating the Yankees 4 straight. Many fans here are venting, but you need to see how bad Yankees fans are, and they have one of the winning-est programs in all of sports. Anger and hating to lose might just be a component of winning programs.

Those who've been around long enough know CF programs like Bama, Oklahoma, FSU, Michigan and many others go through even decades of losing, then emerge. Odds are strange that way. NU gave us decades of solid play, and has long since earned my fandom. We also know FB is a game that requires a couple years to build a winner, usually anyway.

Still early, but I did see some things improved. Defense looked decent & played hard. I expected the secondary to be good, but the blackshirts played well against the run as well. That it took a near perfect 4th down pass from MN to tie the game in the 4Q says something. Special teams played well; stopped returns and had one great return. OL was not consistent, but played hard. Despite unraveling with mistakes on the road, the team never quit or played soft. They were in the game, and that has not always been the case in recent years.

There's been enough said on this board today regarding some of the bad plays, but they do seem correctable if Rhule is worth his salt, which is still likely so (too early to claim otherwise). So, I still don't believe in curses. NU must will its way out of this gutter as all the teams mentioned above have. In time, odds will balance to see that happen.

Bring back Scott Frost

Reactions: c3o
There was a lot of good.

And honestly, it’s good Rhule gets to see the fan base like he will early. Learn from those mistakes.

For us, or better yet, for me - just amazing how this team finds a way to lose

This team needed a tune up game. Unfortunately we are stupid enough or B10 hates us where we keep having these all or nothing opening games. Would have been nice to open with La Tech and get the beaks wet first.

After all the right things Rhule said during the off season, to go out and see the team make the same mistakes causing them to lose by a single score is maddening. I know it's the first game on the road against a tough defense, but this isn't progress it's just a repeat of the last few years.

I don't want to go through another year where all I see on Reddit is people making memes and feeling bad for us about our record in close games.

If we lose to Colorado like this, then we truly are cursed and it will be hard to watch the rest of the season. I will still watch and try to remain positive, but they aren't making it easy.

This team isn't cursed it's mismanaged. You can point to exactly why we lost, it has nothing to do with superstition.
Agreed - "Cursed" is just a cop-out ne'er do wells tell themselves to disclaim any responsibility for their failures - "Sh*t keeps raining down on me and I don't know why".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT