ADVERTISEMENT

This looks like Nebraska / Ohio state...

Clemson vs Ohio state started the same way. Not confident OSU can rebound in the same fashion. But far too early to make declarations.

tOSU best figure out a pass rush or Matt Jones is going to have perhaps a career day on college football’s biggest stage.

The Buckeyes are playing zone like Chinander did against them. Give them yards but try to make it difficult for them in the red zone.

They don’t have the defensive backs to keep up with the Alabama wr’s (no one does). It’s either play zone and keep them in front, or go man and let bama burn them over the top. It’s a game of matchups. Just have to try to hold them to fg’s.

Reactions: CatColumbia

Mac Jones: A 5.9 4 star who really wasn’t that highly recruited by the big schools. This offense is not even that different from what Frost wants to run, minus the zone read. This dude is not mobile and he does not have a cannon either but he puts the ball on his speedy receivers (mainly Davonta Smith) in stride on every throw and they make huge plays as a result.

That’s all we need folks. We’re gonna have the receivers. We desperately need a QB that doesn’t make them sell out on every catch.

Mac Jones: A 5.9 4 star who really wasn’t that highly recruited by the big schools. This offense is not even that different from what Frost wants to run, minus the zone read. This dude is not mobile and he does not have a cannon either but he puts the ball on his speedy receivers (mainly Davonta Smith) in stride on every throw and they make huge plays as a result.

That’s all we need folks. We’re gonna have the receivers. We desperately need a QB that doesn’t make them sell out on every catch.

Smith and Harris alone would make Frost look like a genius. Bama always has the best players. I think Jones is better than some Bama winners in the past but we hear this all the time.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75

Mac Jones was set to go to Kentucky until Alabama stepped in.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Smith and Harris alone would make Frost look like a genius. Bama always has the best players. I think Jones is better than some Bama winners in the past but we hear this all the time.

I can agree with that definitely helping Jones out. He has very little pressure and his receivers are often wide open. I’m just looking at these Frost-type WR swing passes they’re running and he just lays it in there perfectly to preserve momentum and gain yards every play. So well executed every time.

I do have to disagree on Smith, I think right now Frost would make him look like a walk-on.

Last edited:
I can agree with that definitely helping Jones out. He has very little pressure and his receivers are often wide open. I’m just looking at these Frost-type WR swing passes they’re running and he just lays it in there perfectly to preserve momentum and gain yards every play. So well executed every time.

It's a pleasure to watch disciplined football.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Alabama, 400 yards and 35 points. Ohio State has to hope that Bama will have a letdown like most teams do with big leads going into the second half. I suspect there will be a bit of a letdown by Bama, but not enough to lose this game.

How long can this last? There's only 4 or 5 teams that have a chance at being the champions every year now. The other 125 teams know going in that they have no chance, even if they have a dream season. At some point the national championship isn't really going to be something that anyone cares about because its basically a foregone conclusion who it will be, give or take the 5 teams that actually have a shot.

They also develop their players. Harris wasn't that great his freshman year and took awhile to come on. Smith likely doesn't develop into a Heisman level receiver unless he's at Bama. Sure they have very good talent coming in, but they also develop that talent better than anyone.

How long can this last? There's only 4 or 5 teams that have a chance at being the champions every year now. The other 125 teams know going in that they have no chance, even if they have a dream season. At some point the national championship isn't really going to be something that anyone cares about because its basically a foregone conclusion who it will be, give or take the 5 teams that actually have a shot.

The south and a few outliers like Ohio State own college football and will for the foreseeable future. Until the likes of USC, Oregon, Washington, Nebraska, Michigan and a few others get a lot better, things won't change at all for college football.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
People only have problems with this when it’s their team that can’t compete.

Reactions: yankeesgiants
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT