ADVERTISEMENT

This looks like Nebraska / Ohio state...

Ohio State's gameplan was pretty dumb. They killed Clemson by airing the ball out. Instead they run in between the tackles with Master Teague all game. That gameplan might have worked better with Sermon, but Teague is no Sermon.

... with OSU playing the part of Nebraska😂
No matter how bad ass a team is, there is always a team that is more bad ass (unless you are Alabama).

Our run in the 90’s was definitely impressive but Alabama under Nick Saban has to be the best program ever in CFB history. If Saban decides to coach for the next 10 years, not likely there will there be any drop off. What a good time for Alabama fans to be fans of the program.

Mac Jones: A 5.9 4 star who really wasn’t that highly recruited by the big schools. This offense is not even that different from what Frost wants to run, minus the zone read. This dude is not mobile and he does not have a cannon either but he puts the ball on his speedy receivers (mainly Davonta Smith) in stride on every throw and they make huge plays as a result.

That’s all we need folks. We’re gonna have the receivers. We desperately need a QB that doesn’t make them sell out on every catch.
We don’t have anywhere near those receivers.

They also develop their players. Harris wasn't that great his freshman year and took awhile to come on. Smith likely doesn't develop into a Heisman level receiver unless he's at Bama. Sure they have very good talent coming in, but they also develop that talent better than anyone.

Harris was the #1 rated RB out of high school. Smith was 65th overall and would have been top 5 if he wasn't 165 lbs.

Harris was the #1 rated RB out of high school. Smith was 65th overall and would have been top 5 if he wasn't 165 lbs.
I'm completely aware of that. They still had to develop while they were at Alabama to end up as good as they were. Harris did not look like the #1 RB when he got to Alabama, but they did a good job of developing him. Alabama also does a great job of developing their receivers.

I'm completely aware of that. They still had to develop while they were at Alabama to end up as good as they were. Harris did not look like the #1 RB when he got to Alabama, but they did a good job of developing him. Alabama also does a great job of developing their receivers.
No. Najee Harris would have been a stud playing on any team he went to. Just stop. Bama has 3 deep NFL potential players and still some of them don't ever pan out or get a sniff in the NFL. When you're landing the top class in college football just about every year, it makes "development" EXTREMELY easy.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Good point!!!
I never did hear which O linemen if any OSU was missing due to COVID for that game. Clearly Fields was not anywhere near 100%. The only QB runs I saw him run were scrambles when nothing was open. Clearly their play book was limited and IMO that hurt their offense immensely.

No. Najee Harris would have been a stud playing on any team he went to. Just stop. Bama has 3 deep NFL potential players and still some of them don't ever pan out or get a sniff in the NFL. When you're landing the top class in college football just about every year, it makes "development" EXTREMELY easy.
Agree. He was the f’in #1 back out of HS. Most of those are can’t miss and develop no matter who the coach is. I ignored that dude because of how clueless he is.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT