ADVERTISEMENT

This is the year

It certainly has been an interesting to watch and listen to fan reaction to our past coaches. Frost was tabbed to be the best young coach in the business. If anyone dared to question how his teams at UCF won, you were called out. He went from GOAT to goat and not even welcome in his home state. He certainly proved his value as head coach. For me, the changes in winning need to be dramatic. Not just wins, but convincing wins where Rhule teams out play and out coach lesser opponents. Eventually you run out of the “easy 6 wins” and have to smash helmets with the big boys and win. When we can do that, we will be considered to be back.
Amen. Locals keep reminding us that these are all going to be one-score games. They shouldn’t be, and I wish they would shut the F up.

I cannot quote this enough.

This level of hype is sort of reminding me of 2019. Frost was coming off of a 4-8 season in his first year but finished with some momentum, and so all the experts were very high on the Huskers in his second year. They even started 2019 ranked in the preseason polls.

Then that first game against South Alabama happened. They won, but it was not the blowout everyone thought it would be. At one point, South Alabama was only down by a touchdown, if I remember correctly. Then Nebraska pulled away late with some defense and special teams play. Overall, they didn't look all that impressive.

The next week, they lost to Colorado. The rest is history.

This is why I keep saying the first game against UTEP is so important. It doesn't necessarily make or break the season, but it could be a tone-setter and confidence-builder. Or the reverse.

All that being said, there is reason to be optimistic. Rhule is not Frost. The defense is salty as hell thanks to Tony White, and there appears to be better overall talent on this team than there was in 2019, particularly at the QB position and on the coaching staff.

The only thing we can do is wait and see.

Reactions: timnsun
Yeah pros and cons beautiful area hiking. fishing half hour to ski resort. snow mobiling. Cons is home prices and traffic and dipshit liberals
I'm somewhat liberal myself, but i get that there's a lot of the stupid Seattle's non best types mucking up the place. And dad about how prices skyrocketing there from that Cali money

I cannot quote this enough.

This level of hype is sort of reminding me of 2019. Frost was coming off of a 4-8 season in his first year but finished with some momentum, and so all the experts were very high on the Huskers in his second year. They even started 2019 ranked in the preseason polls.

Then that first game against South Alabama happened. They won, but it was not the blowout everyone thought it would be. At one point, South Alabama was only down by a touchdown, if I remember correctly. Then Nebraska pulled away late with some defense and special teams play. Overall, they didn't look all that impressive.

The next week, they lost to Colorado. The rest is history.

This is why I keep saying the first game against UTEP is so important. It doesn't necessarily make or break the season, but it could be a tone-setter and confidence-builder. Or the reverse.

All that being said, there is reason to be optimistic. Rhule is not Frost. The defense is salty as hell thanks to Tony White, and there appears to be better overall talent on this team than there was in 2019, particularly at the QB position and on the coaching staff.

The only thing we can do is wait and see.
But 2023 was the opposite of 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT