ADVERTISEMENT

This Erstad quote potentially says a lot:

regionsdoc

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
"Ultimately, it's on me because I wasn't able to get them to make the adjustments and that dirty snowball started rolling down the hill. Man, that confidence thing is just so precious in college sports. We could just not get it turned around in the post-season."

I'm not sure he's figured out how to motivate/coach college players. His experience is in the pros where, by definition, most players have figured out the mental side of the game (otherwise they wouldn't have made the pros).

"Ultimately, it's on me because I wasn't able to get them to make the adjustments and that dirty snowball started rolling down the hill. Man, that confidence thing is just so precious in college sports. We could just not get it turned around in the post-season."

I'm not sure he's figured out how to motivate/coach college players. His experience is in the pros where, by definition, most players have figured out the mental side of the game (otherwise they wouldn't have made the pros).
I hate coaches who don't blame the players #bobots

It seems to me that we get really tight in the big games and the team isn't loose at all. I watched another team in a Regional down 5-1 and the whole team was on the dugout rail, rubbing the rail in unison and pounding in rhythm, trying to generate some mojo for the team. We looked like we had lost when Waldron gave up 2 in the first inning. You watch these winning programs and see how much fun they are having (and I know the two go hand in hand) but I just didn't see that this year in our Huskers. I agree with Regionsdoc, I am not sure either Erstad or Silva know how to motivate players. Not sure they even know them well enough to do so, actually.

Don't you think, players peeked at the end? And , had no energy for the tourney?That's my guess, plus, Ohio State ended up 4th in standing and one the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT