ADVERTISEMENT

These were Classics!

In the end, the committee with all their flaws "generally" gets it right with the four best teams. The four best teams will still be the four best teams next year. I disagree that the committee is looking for the undefeated teams - where does that leave Liberty and UCF among others? They have so much data to look at it unreal. The average person would drown in it. It isn't enough to run for 300 yards against a team, you need data on how they did against others and how others did against others and so on.

What is everyone going to say when they expand it and the top four are in the semis more time than not? I guess it gives the "the fix is in" crowd something to believe in then.
I don't think UCF and Liberty are even comparable. UCF was a legitimately very good team and won their bowl game against another good team. Liberty got obliterated by a good team and never came close to sniffing top 10 to begin with, which was obviously appropriate.

No one was comparing Liberty and UCF. The comparison was that these teams were not considered for the 4 team playoff even though they were undefeated. That comment was to counter the comment about the CFP committee was looking for undefeated teams.

No one was comparing Liberty and UCF. The comparison was that these teams were not considered for the 4 team playoff even though they were undefeated. That comment was to counter the comment about the CFP committee was looking for undefeated teams.
Correct.

I don't think UCF and Liberty are even comparable. UCF was a legitimately very good team and won their bowl game against another good team. Liberty got obliterated by a good team and never came close to sniffing top 10 to begin with, which was obviously appropriate.
UCF of 2017 was on par with some of the old BCS busters like Boise State, Utah, and TCU. Liberty on the other hand, was comparable to 2007 Hawaii.

GCx238Fa0AACVOP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT