ADVERTISEMENT

The turnover machine - ouch

Why? Simple...for two years Riley-lovers tricked themselves and tried to convince others how great it would be with a guy like Lee behind center, how his laser rocket arm would defeat all blitzes...how he could not only "sling it" like a pro but he could also "spin it" like a guy going 1/1 in the draft.

We were told over and over how he is not "a statue" but in fact had wheels that would keep defenses honest and with those wheels, we were told, from Langs that NU would not be abandoning the QB run game and that elements of it would still be used.

Riley lovers told us how when Riley get "his guy" the perfect slinger/spinner, Lee, that we would be seeing 70% completions and no picks...

So when you are told all this crap and you know it is crap ahead of time and then it is proven crap for a season and proven again now...you have fun with it. You make jokes. It is funny.
And so that's a reason to hope he fails? Wow. It's ok. Riley is gone now and he can't hurt us anymore. Its ok if Tanner succeeds. It won't make Riley or Langsdorf look any better or worse than they already are.

And so that's a reason to hope he fails? Wow. It's ok. Riley is gone now and he can't hurt us anymore. Its ok if Tanner succeeds. It won't make Riley or Langsdorf look any better or worse than they already are.
It is not "hoping" it is...comeuppance...it is I told you so...it is shameful joy. It is normal.

Just like we have dorky posters here that want NU to prosecute Riley for taking 50k a year...and we have posters here that love say "Hmmm, all these D1 jobs opened up and Bo was not hired..shocker...Hmmm...told you he sucked"

It is normal...

you don't buy a lotto ticket for an acquaintance in the hopes that they actually win 400 million dollars when they bought you a mug for your birthday at work.

It is not "hoping" it is...comeuppance...it is I told you so...it is shameful joy. It is normal.

Just like we have dorky posters here that want NU to prosecute Riley for taking 50k a year...and we have posters here that love say "Hmmm, all these D1 jobs opened up and Bo was not hired..shocker...Hmmm...told you he sucked"

It is normal...

you don't buy a lotto ticket for an acquaintance in the hopes that they actually win 400 million dollars.
It's sad IMO.

There is nothing normal about wishing failure about a person. That is just wrong, childish and stupid. Especially when the reasons you are giving are based upon other peoples actions. Please take a step back and think about it for a minute. I am going to step off my soap box now before I type something I will regret later. I hope at sometime people wanting Lee to fail will understand how childish they are being !

There is nothing normal about wishing failure about a person. That is just wrong, childish and stupid. Especially when the reasons you are giving are based upon other peoples actions. Please take a step back and think about it for a minute. I am going to step off my soap box now before I type something I will regret later. I hope at sometime people wanting Lee to fail will understand how childish they are being !

It is not wishing failure...it is busting balls. I hope he goes 1/1...I hope you go 1/1...I hope I go 1/1 and we all make 50 million in our first contract.

Type what you want...this is a post board...anyone who takes this seriously is crazy

Tanner Lee is a practice squad QB at best. No NFL team will risk putting him in a real game.

The fact he started over POB speaks volumes. It means either Riley and Langs are nitwits, or POB isn't very good.

I'm not sure that anyone suggested he was more than that? Most people, myself included, said he'd make the league.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
How is posting the impressions of an NFL front office about a player equating to actively hoping for his failure???

I hope he tears it up in the game.

Didn’t intend to interrupt the echo chamber

Last edited:
Reactions: FeelingFrosty
How is posting the impressions of an NFL front office about a player equating to actively hoping for his failure???

I hope he tears it up in the game.

Didn’t intend to interrupt the echo chamber
It's not. It's other posts that people seem to be reveling in the fact he's struggling. Not just this thread, but others I have seen, including RSS.

Reactions: jlb321
Why? Simple...for two years Riley-lovers tricked themselves and tried to convince others how great it would be with a guy like Lee behind center, how his laser rocket arm would defeat all blitzes...how he could not only "sling it" like a pro but he could also "spin it" like a guy going 1/1 in the draft.

We were told over and over how he is not "a statue" but in fact had wheels that would keep defenses honest and with those wheels, we were told, from Langs that NU would not be abandoning the QB run game and that elements of it would still be used.

Riley lovers told us how when Riley get "his guy" the perfect slinger/spinner, Lee, that we would be seeing 70% completions and no picks...

So when you are told all this crap and you know it is crap ahead of time and then it is proven crap for a season and proven again now...you have fun with it. You make jokes. It is funny.

Says the man who's probably never been on a big stage for all to see what I'm sure are all of your failures to laugh at! I hated Reily, but in all seriousness, when you follow poor leadership, you're doomed to fail! Maybe he succeeds, maybe he fails in th NFL...not your problem!

First time you said "I told you so!" people understand that you are venting. Having these daily "I told you so!" posts just make you a dick. Who would like to hang out with such a douche? Oh, but this is a message board.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
First time you said "I told you so!" people understand that you are venting. Having these daily "I told you so!" posts just make you a dick. Who would like to hang out with such a douche? Oh, but this is a message board.
Exactly, it is a message board so who cares? I agree with you.

Says the man who's probably never been on a big stage for all to see what I'm sure are all of your failures to laugh at! I hated Reily, but in all seriousness, when you follow poor leadership, you're doomed to fail! Maybe he succeeds, maybe he fails in th NFL...not your problem!
Shoot, I get laughed at every single day in my profession. I am used to it.

I am a full time clown for the circus.

Our fan base really is sucking for this kid. Why not give the kid support or leave it alone?

Hope Tanner is able to turn it around and end up leaving a positive impression in Mobile.

That said, the visual of Jerry with the cigar saying "I still got it" is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Reactions: HuskAir
Wish him all the good fortunes in the world. Hope he plays well and gets an NFL gig.

Reactions: jlb321

It’s not funny.

I'm not sure that anyone suggested he was more than that? Most people, myself included, said he'd make the league.
Ok. Noted.
But I wasn't directing my comments at anyone on here. I was just adding my miserable two cents on the question of Lee's ability. Wasn't challenging anyone else's views, just expressing mine.

And so we agree... Lee will make the league.

Reactions: Archie Graham
I got as tired as anyone of being told by self-important blowhards that Tanner Lee was the answer to what was ailing Nebraska football, and that the team's glaring holes really only looked that way because we lacked a precision passer who would work through his progressions. But none of that nonsense was Lee's fault, and it will always be a load of BS whether he has a nice, long NFL career or washes out of the Arena League.

So I wish Lee all the best. Go get yourself a roster spot and make some good money.

Good tosses so far. A drop on a throw where he was flushed to his right. Put it right on the kid.

Reactions: dinglefritz
And a really nice looking ball thrown right at the defender. Only missed his own guy by a few yards. One drive after fumbling for a touchdown. Oof.
That receiver didn't "sit down" in the zone like he should have. One of the plays earlier the receiver literally quit running while the ball was in the air. IF he hadn't broken off his route it would have been right on the money. I would hate to have my NFL career dependent on playing in the 4th quarter with a bunch of receivers who have never run a pro-style route. It's why NFL scouts value practice so much more than the game. Sounds like Lee has come out one day in practice and looked like the best QB on the rosters and then the next day not so much. Will be fun to see where he ends up.

I would hate to have my NFL career dependent on playing in the 4th quarter with a bunch of receivers who have never run a pro-style route.
Colorado State runs a pro-style offense. In fact, Mike Bobo has been running a pro-style offense forever, if you go back to his time as the offensive coordinator at Georgia. And that CSU receiver who apparently screwed up so horribly on the INT, made a brilliant catch on the previous play.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT