ADVERTISEMENT

The timing of the NCAA violations leak makes me wonder

vs540husker

Offensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2004
This is pure speculation on my part and I’m just connecting some dots.
Moos been canned when he was and then the leak of the NCAA violations when it was, seems to line up with what people behind the scenes would know what was coming and that was a struggle with Illinois and more than likely another season without a bowl game.
I would imagine any former player would be able to watch a few practices to see how things were going and to see they weren’t going well.

An A.D. isn’t forced to resign magically out of the blue for no reason. And these NCAA violations, though insanely minor, are violations nonetheless and can be levied against Frost’s buyout. Then, so many rumors of off the field issues with Frost, makes the timing of them being leaked when they were, seem more and more intentionally timed for “a tough choice to make”.

The NCAA always has hundreds of investigations going on and we only hear about the most severe ones. I thought this was leaked with an agenda, but the wrong agenda...a disgruntled employee that didn't like Frost.

Now I think this was done on purpose. Like you described, they knew what was going to happen.

I bet they fired Moos as quickly as they did to prepare for the move. Alberts, while being a Nebraska player, as well know, never played with Frost so he doesn't have that personal tie, and Alberts will fire Frost and everyone will understand why. He will do it in a respectful way though.

I think Frost secretly hopes to be fired. I think the pressure is getting to him and the fans are turning on him fast.
His off the field personal problems aren’t helping matters either if true but sure they are…

A former player I talked to felt we have the talent in a lot areas but it’s some of the assistant coaching is the problem in Lincoln.. Too many buddies on the staff and not good coaches..

Last edited:
His off the field personal problems aren’t helping matters either if true but sure they are…

A player I talked to felt we have the talent in a lot areas but it’s some of the assistant coaching is the problem in Lincoln.. Too many buddies on the staff and not good coaches..
Very difficult to be a great coach if you can’t get past hiring buddies. Unfortunately, he is not learning very quickly under Nebraska’s @head coach in training” program.

I can repeat this now and probably get away with it. When I said this 4 years ago it came with responses of "blue hair" down in front" and "get off my lawn".

Full disclosure I WAS a huge Frost pumper but when I watched first pregame warmup I wasn't impressed. I know this is petty but I didn't like the way the coaches got together and were congratulating themselves and acting like jr high kids jumping around before going to locker room right before kickoff . Just seemed like an inefficient use of valuable time and not business like class

Reactions: F5n5

A player I talked to felt we have the talent in a lot areas but it’s some of the assistant coaching is the problem in Lincoln.. Too many buddies on the staff and not good coaches..
What's going on off the field

Moos been canned when he was and then the leak of the NCAA violations when it was, seems to line up with what people behind the scenes would know what was coming and that was a struggle with Illinois and more than likely another season without a bowl game.
I would imagine any former player would be able to watch a few practices to see how things were going and to see they weren’t going well.

An A.D. isn’t forced to resign magically out of the blue for no reason. And these NCAA violations, though insanely minor, are violations nonetheless and can be levied against Frost’s buyout. Then, so many rumors of off the field issues with Frost, makes the timing of them being leaked when they were, seem more and more intentionally timed for “a tough choice to make”.
What rumors are going around about off the field with Frost? I haven’t heard of much.

What rumors are going around about off the field with Frost? I haven’t heard of
pregnant-woman-cartoon-pregnant-woman-touching-her-belly-there-rabbit-doll-concept-maternal-health-care-vector-cartoon-129328491.jpg

25 year old.

Yikes. I hope for his families sake that is not true. If it is, he’s not only a shitty coach, but a shitty human being too.
There is quite a bit more to the rumor, a lot of stupidity if everything is true. Sadly, this part (picture) seems to be true,

Reactions: Swiv3D
There is quite a bit more to the rumor, a lot of stupidity if everything is true. Sadly, this part (picture) seems to be true,
I ‘m not sure about the picture part.. That maybe a assumption, but he didn’t have his wedding ring on during the game apparently..

Yikes. I hope for his families sake that is not true. If it is, he’s not only a shitty coach, but a shitty human being too.

Unfortunately, I believe the latter turned him in to the shitty coach. His focus has not been on Husker football. And for 5 Million a year, it should be.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Unfortunately, I believe the latter turned him in to the shitty coach. His focus has not been on Husker football. And for 5 Million a year, it should be.
Pretty much looks that way after how they played yesterday. He didn’t have his team prepared after him doing all that talking during the week prior to the game..

I went and watched that for the first time. Yeah, that was telling. They know what they are doing to get out of under this.
it caught my eye.
the only thing Trev mentioned specifically about investigation was it predated his arrival.
step one...

Reactions: otismotis08
I can repeat this now and probably get away with it. When I said this 4 years ago it came with responses of "blue hair" down in front" and "get off my lawn".

Full disclosure I WAS a huge Frost pumper but when I watched first pregame warmup I wasn't impressed. I know this is petty but I didn't like the way the coaches got together and were congratulating themselves and acting like jr high kids jumping around before going to locker room right before kickoff . Just seemed like an inefficient use of valuable time and not business like class
Iowa fan here...not looking to pile on.

I was pretty shocked at what I saw from Nebraska pre game in 2018 at Kinnick. NU had several players standing near midfield talking a lot of trash toward the Iowa side. Iowa players started to walk over and some Iowa Coaches stopped the Iowa guys while NU continued talking and gesturing as no coaches came over to tell them to knock it off.

While It wasn't full on Miami of 1990, it was pretty surprising to see of a 4-7 team. Not surprised how undisciplined and sloppy they play.

No question a new guy should and will be walking the sideline at Memorial Stadium next year. Too much bark with no bite from SF and his players. Nebraska definitely deserves better.

Iowa fan here...not looking to pile on.

I was pretty shocked at what I saw from Nebraska pre game in 2018 at Kinnick. NU had several players standing near midfield talking a lot of trash toward the Iowa side. Iowa players started to walk over and some Iowa Coaches stopped the Iowa guys while NU continued talking and gesturing as no coaches came over to tell them to knock it off.

While It wasn't full on Miami of 1990, it was pretty surprising to see of a 4-7 team. Not surprised how undisciplined and sloppy they play.

No question a new guy should and will be walking the sideline at Memorial Stadium next year. Too much bark with no bite from SF and his players. Nebraska definitely deserves better.
I was at the game yesterday and the players/Frost complained to the refs when you couldn't see under commercial break quite a bit. A lot of it was right after clear player mistakes. No one on this team can own up to mistakes they make and that's why the team never improves. "No fear of failure" is apparently just complete denial that failures even occur.

Reactions: F5n5
I was at the game yesterday and the players/Frost complained to the refs when you couldn't see under commercial break quite a bit. A lot of it was right after clear player mistakes. No one on this team can own up to mistakes they make and that's why the team never improves. "No fear of failure" is apparently just complete denial that failures even occur.

To be fair to the players, a lot of the calls were hogwash. You see the same shit we get called for all the time in the B1G and nothing happens. If Ohio State's DE hits the QB like Tannor did it's an "All American making a huge play and making his presence felt." Iowa's center did some of the most blatant holding you will ever see last year on DD and we got zero calls. Remember the freaking umpire got knocked out of the game yesterday and a different official called an inconsequential holding penalty on Cam. The pick penalty Oliver Martin got called for is how a ton of teams score TDs on us in close games.

This reffing BS has happened every year for the past several years.

I think Frost secretly hopes to be fired. I think the pressure is getting to him and the fans are turning on him fast.
I have heard a lot of rumors about his personal life falling apart. His dad passed away last year, his wife moving her and the kids to Florida. Affair rumors. Rumors of him drinking. I think he would be relieved to be fired at this point.

To be fair to the players, a lot of the calls were hogwash. You see the same shit we get called for all the time in the B1G and nothing happens. If Ohio State's DE hits the QB like Tannor did it's an "All American making a huge play and making his presence felt." Iowa's center did some of the most blatant holding you will ever see last year on DD and we got zero calls. Remember the freaking umpire got knocked out of the game yesterday and a different official called an inconsequential holding penalty on Cam. The pick penalty Oliver Martin got called for is how a ton of teams score TDs on us in close games.

This reffing BS has happened every year for the past several years.
I did see quite a bit of holding by the Illini Oline yesterday. But I won’t blame the outcome on officiating. The overthrows, turnover, and lack of firepower with our offense is due to our coaching staff. Add in poor special teams play, just for starters.

Cockiness always gets you fried eventually. I have seen it all my life. I have been humbled when I was cocky…this man and his staff at my same age never learned. I don’t like it, I have never liked it. It is TOTALLY opposite of our winning ways with Tom and even Frank….even Mike! Imagine! Wanting Mikey and his good guy attitude back! Refs, other coaches, players on the other team have a huge incentive and great joy to beat us when you constantly run your cocky mouth. Don’t give them that kind of power!

Reactions: BleedRed78
I did see quite a bit of holding by the Illini Oline yesterday. But I won’t blame the outcome on officiating. The overthrows, turnover, and lack of firepower with our offense is due to our coaching staff. Add in poor special teams play, just for starters.
It just seems like it always comes at inopertune times. The roughing the passer. Bad call. Taunting deserved even though I never witnessed it. Holding by jurgems? Looked like DL actually was hugging him.

But hey you can't spot teams 16 points

Reactions: BleedRed78
With the off field/family issues combined with his coaching style it’s obvious Frost still wants to live the glory days of college.
He wants to be one of the guys. He wants to be the “cool coach”.
He doesnt want to grow up.
He wants to throw footballs at practice like he’s still a qb.
He wants to dress and look like a careless college kid.
He wants to run around instead of settle down.

Frost just never left 1997.
He isn’t head coach material.

With the off field/family issues combined with his coaching style it’s obvious Frost still wants to live the glory days of college.
He wants to be one of the guys. He wants to be the “cool coach”.
He doesnt want to grow up.
He wants to throw footballs at practice like he’s still a qb.
He wants to dress and look like a careless college kid.
He wants to run around instead of settle down.

Frost just never left 1997.
He isn’t head coach material.
Great observation..

Reactions: bradjens

I think you are right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT